Cutting/Measuring Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
21 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cutting/Measuring Question

Cindy McCool

This may sound crazy but it’s been bothering me for a while. I hope someone can help me and yes, I think I’m an “experienced” stamper as I’ve been card making for over 15 years. Here’s my issue:

I’ve noticed that when I watch SU demonstrators cut a card base, like the ones from On Stage demo’s, they cut the size needed and then they hand fold it in half to make the base. Usually, in these demonstrations the presenter makes a point out of “you get 2 card bases from one sheet of card stock”.  I’ve never really seen SU use a score board to score the card base. They mention it but don’t use it.

I like to score my card bases so I get clean folds and I teach seniors who have limited small motor skills, so pre-folding for them helps. I’ve noticed that when I have a landscape opening card base (5 ½ x 8 ½ - scored at 4 ¼) when I fold the edges don’t match EXACTLY. It drives me crazy and I trim off the overhang which is less than 1/16 inch.

When I score my bases for a portrait card (4 ½ x 11 scored at 5 ½) and fold them they match exactly.

Now I know the paper is 8 ½ x 11 so I know I’m cutting and scoring correctly but why doesn’t the landscape card match when I fold it? When I cut card bases from a 12x12 sheet, score and fold, the match perfectly. Does anyone else experience this difference? What am I doing wrong?

Cindy McCool

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Visit my website to shop on line: https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?demoid=2070178

To join My Paper Pumpkin Visit Https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2070178

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

Beverly Derringer

I feel your pain. Also happens to me using the SU Scoreboard. I bought a ScorePal scoreboard and it doesn’t happen. I decided the 4 1/4” score mark on the SU Scoreboard is off. 

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Nov 29, 2020, at 2:38 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56480h61@.nabble> wrote:

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@

This may sound crazy but it’s been bothering me for a while. I hope someone can help me and yes, I think I’m an “experienced” stamper as I’ve been card making for over 15 years. Here’s my issue:

I’ve noticed that when I watch SU demonstrators cut a card base, like the ones from On Stage demo’s, they cut the size needed and then they hand fold it in half to make the base. Usually, in these demonstrations the presenter makes a point out of “you get 2 card bases from one sheet of card stock”. I’ve never really seen SU use a score board to score the card base. They mention it but don’t use it.

I like to score my card bases so I get clean folds and I teach seniors who have limited small motor skills, so pre-folding for them helps. I’ve noticed that when I have a landscape opening card base (5 ½ x 8 ½ - scored at 4 ¼) when I fold the edges don’t match EXACTLY. It drives me crazy and I trim off the overhang which is less than 1/16 inch.

When I score my bases for a portrait card (4 ½ x 11 scored at 5 ½) and fold them they match exactly.

Now I know the paper is 8 ½ x 11 so I know I’m cutting and scoring correctly but why doesn’t the landscape card match when I fold it? When I cut card bases from a 12x12 sheet, score and fold, the match perfectly. Does anyone else experience this difference? What am I doing wrong?

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Visit my website to shop on line: https://www.stampinup.com/ecweb/default.aspx?demoid=2070178

To join My Paper Pumpkin Visit Https://www.paperpumpkin.com/en-us/sign-up?demoid=2070178

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h55@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

I think it is more that when we fold the cardstock, it either folds to the perfect measurement or just to the other side of it.  Most of the time, I get perfect folds, but once in a while it's a hair off.  Normally, I just put that to the front so the front is a smidge longer than that back.  If you look at commercial cards (shame on YOU! lol), you'll see that most of them have just a tad more on the front.  So I don't think it's a flaw in the Simply Scored Tool, it's more operator error, if you consider it an error.  I really don't.  I kind of like my cards to have a bit more on the front than the back.  

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 11/29/2020 3:50:13 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n56481h8@.nabble writes:

bevderringer@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bevderringer@yahoo.com

I feel your pain. Also happens to me using the SU Scoreboard. I bought a ScorePal scoreboard and it doesn’t happen. I decided the 4 1/4” score mark on the SU Scoreboard is off. 

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Nov 29, 2020, at 2:38 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n56480h61@.nabble > wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@

I’ve noticed that when I watch SU demonstrators cut a card base, like the ones from On Stage demo’s, they cut the size needed and then they hand fold it in half to make the base. Usually, in these demonstrations the presenter makes a point out of “you get 2 card bases from one sheet of card stock”. I’ve never really seen SU use a score board to score the card base. They mention it but don’t use it.

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cindy McCool, please change the email address to: cindy@mccoolmgt.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beverly Derringer, please change the email address to: bevderringer@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56481.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h71@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by Beverly Derringer

I thought maybe it was the scoreboard but bought one from Cuterbee and it happens there too. I have a ScorePal I’ll try it. Thanks

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

From: ml+s1100894n56481h58@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n56481h58@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 1:50 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

bevderringer@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cutting/Measuring%20Question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bevderringer@yahoo.com

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone

Beverly Derringer

On Nov 29, 2020, at 2:38 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56480h61@.nabble> wrote:

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beverly Derringer, please change the email address to: bevderringer@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56481.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

May I ask why none of you are using the scoring “blade” on the paper trimmer?

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2020, at 3:55 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56483h72@.nabble> wrote:

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

I thought maybe it was the scoreboard but bought one from Cuterbee and it happens there too. I have a ScorePal I’ll try it. Thanks

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone

Beverly Derringer

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56483.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h73@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kim Innis
In reply to this post by Cindy McCool

You could also use the trimmer to score.  I find it to be very accurate.

Kim Innis
kkinnis12@gmail.com
513-703-9053

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020, 4:55 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n56483h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE:+SU!:+Cutting/Measuring+Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

bevderringer@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cutting/Measuring%20Question

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone

Beverly Derringer

cindy@...?subject=Cutting/Measuring Question

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h21@n7.nabble.com

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56483.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter
In reply to this post by grantj

I do use that some of the time, Jan, but if I'm scoring a bunch of pieces, I like to use the Simply Scored because it's faster.

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

In a message dated 11/29/2020 3:59:08 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n56484h1@.nabble writes:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2020, at 3:55 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n56483h72@.nabble > wrote:

cindy@?subject=RE: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

From: ml+s1100894n56481h58@.nabble [mailto: ml+s1100894n56481h58@.nabble ]

bevderringer@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cutting/Measuring%20Question

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone

Beverly Derringer

On Nov 29, 2020, at 2:38 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n56480h61@.nabble > wrote:

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56484.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h71@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy McCool
In reply to this post by grantj

I find that the score blade on the trimmer doesn’t score deep enough with one swipe so that I have to go over it twice. Simply scored is one swipe. Since I’m making bulk kits score board is faster.

Cindy McCool

Life Artist

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-728-5011

From: ml+s1100894n56484h51@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n56484h51@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 1:59 PM

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cutting/Measuring%20Question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Jan Grant

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 29, 2020, at 3:55 PM, SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56483h72@.nabble> wrote:

cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=RE: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

From: ml+s1100894n56481h58@.nabble [ml+s1100894n56481h58@.nabble]

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone

Beverly Derringer

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56484.html

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla

Hi Cindy,

I do know what you are talking about and you are not crazy. 

I can't explain why after cutting the 12x12 cs down, the 2 scored cards are perfect. 

But my fix with using the 8.5 x 11 cs is I fold the opening part of the card together and use my bone folder and its perfect. 

Also it depends if you are folding on the score mark valley or hill. I hope you understand that, I think you will.

I have measured my 8.5 x11cs different times thinking I would find it wrong, but I never had. 

Also when we cut with a paper cutter, the plastic piece that holds the blades can move a smidgen and that can drive us crazy. 

Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but tried to give you ideas.  

I am glad you score once and cut once. It is a time saver. 

Happy crafting!

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com
CP: 732-598-5026

Shop: www.loisfolla.stampinup.net
Blog: www.StampinPress.com

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020, 4:38 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n56480h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
cindy@mccoolmgt.com?subject=Cutting/Measuring+Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cindy@mccoolmgt.com

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy McCool

Lois, this makes total sense!  I always fold to the valley making a mountain. Maybe that is the extra smidgeon that is hanging over. I’m going to try folding the other way to see what happens. Several people have mentioned that it’s in the folding where the “extra” occurs.

I can use the bone folder method with great accuracy but because I’m making for seniors I always give them the card base pre-folded due to their lack of dexterity.

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

From: ml+s1100894n56488h75@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n56488h75@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 2:23 PM

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cutting/Measuring%20Question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@gmail.com

Hi Cindy,

I do know what you are talking about and you are not crazy.

I can't explain why after cutting the 12x12 cs down, the 2 scored cards are perfect.

But my fix with using the 8.5 x 11 cs is I fold the opening part of the card together and use my bone folder and its perfect.

Also it depends if you are folding on the score mark valley or hill. I hope you understand that, I think you will.

I have measured my 8.5 x11cs different times thinking I would find it wrong, but I never had.

Also when we cut with a paper cutter, the plastic piece that holds the blades can move a smidgen and that can drive us crazy.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question, but tried to give you ideas.

I am glad you score once and cut once. It is a time saver.

Happy crafting!

Lois Folla
Stampin' Up! Manager
stampwithlois@gmail.com
CP: 732-598-5026

Shop: www.loisfolla.stampinup.net
Blog: www.StampinPress.com

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020, 4:38 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n56480h96@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56488.html

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

It's usually not cutting or scoring causing the problem.

Check out this quick one simple trick video: https://youtu.be/ZtSNQiRPm6A 

Sara
Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 4:38 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n56480h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy McCool

Brilliant!

Thank you so much. I wish I’d asked long ago!!!!

Cindy McCool

From: ml+s1100894n56490h37@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n56490h37@.nabble]
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 3:10 PM

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cutting/Measuring%20Question

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

Sara

Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store

or purchase it HERE

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 4:38 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n56480h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56490.html

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Sara Levin

What a great tip! Thanks!

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Nov 30, 2020, at 9:10 AM, SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56490h22@.nabble> wrote:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

Sara
Sara Levin

or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56490.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

That is a great trick and technique, Sara!  Thanks so much for sharing.  I'll be telling my downline about this at tomorrow's meeting.  Yes, we'll all be wearing masks and washing hands and distancing.  

Judi

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

In a message dated 11/29/2020 5:10:18 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n56490h87@.nabble writes:

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com

Sara
Sara Levin

or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker.com
(blog)

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 4:38 PM SUDSOL [Cindy McCool] via Product Q&As < ml%2Bs1100894n56480h72@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

Sara, what a great video and a great tip.  I score my cards on a scoring board, but that doesn’t mean I can’t pull out my cutter to line up the edges.  I’m actually putting together card kits right now for a class later this week and will definitely try this tip.

Thanks much for sharing!

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

From: ml+s1100894n56490h93@.nabble <ml+s1100894n56490h93@.nabble>
Sent: Sunday, November 29, 2020 4:10 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>

Sara

Sara Levin

or purchase it HERE

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h77@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Beverly Derringer

I agree. I never use it anymore - I nothing is straight.  I use another brand

Also SU paper is not always cut square.  I saw on one of Sara’s  videos that they buy huge sheets and cut it themselves    Ow I know why. 

Phyllis

On Nov 29, 2020, at 4:50 PM, SUDSOL [Beverly Derringer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56481h45@.nabble> wrote:

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

Now I know the paper is 8 ½ x 11 so I know I’m cutting and scoring correctly but why doesn’t the landscape card match when I fold it? When I cut card bases from a 12x12 sheet, score and fold, the match perfectly. Does anyone else experience this difference? What am I doing wrong

Reply | Threaded
|

Becky Cummins

Phyllis,  Interesting you should say that SU paper is not always square.  I have thought that for years, but just kept blaming it on me.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  Have a great day!

Becky in Battle Creek

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56495h63@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Sun, Nov 29, 2020 9:51 pm

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Also SU paper is not always cut square.  I saw on one of Sara’s  videos that they buy huge sheets and cut it themselves    Ow I know why. 

Phyllis

On Nov 29, 2020, at 4:50 PM, SUDSOL [Beverly Derringer] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n56481h45@.nabble > wrote:

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

cindy@?subject=Cutting/Measuring Question
Now I know the paper is 8 ½ x 11 so I know I’m cutting and scoring correctly but why doesn’t the landscape card match when I fold it? When I cut card bases from a 12x12 sheet, score and fold, the match perfectly. Does anyone else experience this difference? What am I doing wrong

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56495.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

What a great tip.  Thank you, Sara

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n56490h32@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n56490h32@.nabble]
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Sara

Sara Levin

or purchase it HERE

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

OMG! Thanks, Sara!

Jan Grant
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 30, 2020, at 12:50 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56505h54@.nabble> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@

What a great tip. Thank you, Sara

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n56490h32@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n56490h32@.nabble]
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Sara

Sara Levin

or purchase it HERE

theartfulinker.com
(blog)

Cindy McCool

PO Box 370891

Montara, CA 94037

cindy@

650-867-0037 (text)

Cindy McCool
PO Box 370891
Montara, CA 94037
cindy@mccoolmgt.com
650-867-0037 (text)

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56505.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question/thoughts

Linda Pastva-Callahan
In reply to this post by Becky Cummins

I have made it a habit to measure the paper, either size before I cut.  Many times it is 1/16" or as much as 1/8" less on 1 side.  (Copper foil is an example)
I know my trimmers were accurate, so I thought it was me.  Now I know otherwise!  That was a great video on the folding with the trimmer edge.  I have always used the scoring blade with the Stampin' trimmer; just up and back worked. 
Just my thoughts,

Linda Pastva-Callahan
Leechburg, PA
demo in western PA since 2007
On 11/30/2020 10:54 AM SUDSOL [Becky Cummins] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56499h5@.nabble> wrote:

Firstgr22@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Firstgr22@

Phyllis,  Interesting you should say that SU paper is not always square.  I have thought that for years, but just kept blaming it on me.  Thanks for confirming my suspicions.  Have a great day!

Becky in Battle Creek

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n56495h63@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <Firstgr22@>
Sent: Sun, Nov 29, 2020 9:51 pm

pstrickland@?subject=Re: SU!: Cutting/Measuring Question
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis

On Nov 29, 2020, at 4:50 PM, SUDSOL [Beverly Derringer] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n56481h45@.nabble > wrote:

Hopes this helps. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

cindy@?subject=Cutting/Measuring Question

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56495.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Becky Cummins, please change the email address to: Firstgr22@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cutting-Measuring-Question-tp56480p56499.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h10@.nabble