classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Customer Tips

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
What is your favorite tip to give your customers?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well.Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Customer Tips

Cathy Hansen

Oh my gosh!!!  There are SO MANY that I’ve gathered over the years . . . how to narrow it down to just one?!  So let’s go for the top two that I find myself repeating constantly . . . .

One of the tips I give my customers and stamp campers over and over again is how to replace the sheath on the paper snips  No matter how many times I tell them, people just don’t get that there’s a BIG BUMP on one side of the scissors, and that goes into the hole on the sheath!  I tell them that if they put the sheath on backwards it eventually stretches out to the point that it will just fall off the scissors instead of clicking in place to protect the tip.  Even still, after every class and stamp camp, I check all my scissors to make sure the sheath has been replaced properly, and almost every time I find at least ONE pair on which it has been replaced backwards.

The other tip that comes up time and time again is which way to fold the card base – i.e., when you pre-score the card stock, does the “speed bump” go on the inside or the outside of the card.  I let them know that when you use a stylus and scoring board to score the paper, the fibers on the scored side of the card stock are broken down and stretched so it doesn’t crack when you fold it – for that reason, the scored side goes on the outside; the bump goes on the inside.

Cathy Hansen

Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator

cihansen04@hotmail.com

http://cathyhansen.stampinup.net (shop my online store 24/7)

http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com (ideas, instructions & more)

From: ml+s1100894n44337h50@.nabble <ml+s1100894n44337h50@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 10:45 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: SU!: Customer Tips

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Customer%20Tips

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well.Send your answers by Sunday morning.

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Customer Tips

Kay Capps
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

Hi- I saw The Greatest Showman yesterday- There was a phrase at the end of the movie that we all enjoy doing-

"The Nobleist act is that of making others happy".

On 2018-09-13 10:44, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h5@.nabble

Kay Capps
Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart

I have 2 purchasing tips I like to share with my customers. First is – buy the Bundle! If you only buy one piece (the stamp set or dies) you’ll come to regret it, and wish you had bought them together & saved 10%. Second – if you love a sample or suite in the catalogue, look for the ‘You Can Make It’ list – it tells you everything you need to create the sample! No guessing, and no disappointment. Smile
~Deborah

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:44 AM

mailto:clindmeier@?subject=Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

The number one tip I like to give is stamp first, then punch or cut out with dies the other one I like is to use the embossing buddy to remove stickiness when adhesive or SNAIL oozes out from an item. 

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 13, 2018, at 10:15 AM, SUDSOL [Deborah Smart] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44341h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

debsmart@shaw.ca?subject=Re: SU!: Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debsmart@shaw.ca

I have 2 purchasing tips I like to share with my customers. First is – buy the Bundle! If you only buy one piece (the stamp set or dies) you’ll come to regret it, and wish you had bought them together & saved 10%. Second – if you love a sample or suite in the catalogue, look for the ‘You Can Make It’ list – it tells you everything you need to create the sample! No guessing, and no disappointment. Smile
~Deborah

Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:44 AM

mailto:clindmeier@?subject=Customer Tips

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah Smart, please change the email address to: debsmart@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44341.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

grantj

Every piece of paper has two sides. Don't throw something out just because it didn't stamp "right." Sometimes we then talk about ways to make our "mistakes" into treasures.

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 546-5769
On September 13, 2018 at 11:44 AM "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n44337h46@.nabble> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Customer Tips

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich

All paper has two sides...

Oh... we still use a lot of snail, can't tell you how often I say "Dot, dot, not a lot"  If you use a lot of adhesive and then place the piece just slightly off, moving it back into position is very hard.  If you use smaller amounts the paper still holds, but you still have a chance to reposition without a lot of damage to the card.

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44337h79@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <pfun_stampin@>
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

My favorite tip is that we sell ‘magic paper’. If you stamp it on one side and don’t like the impression...wha-la! Flip it over and stamp again.it works for most inks.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 13, 2018, at 1:00 PM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44338h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE: SU!: Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Oh my gosh!!!  There are SO MANY that I’ve gathered over the years . . . how to narrow it down to just one?!  So let’s go for the top two that I find myself repeating constantly . . . .

One of the tips I give my customers and stamp campers over and over again is how to replace the sheath on the paper snips  No matter how many times I tell them, people just don’t get that there’s a BIG BUMP on one side of the scissors, and that goes into the hole on the sheath!  I tell them that if they put the sheath on backwards it eventually stretches out to the point that it will just fall off the scissors instead of clicking in place to protect the tip.  Even still, after every class and stamp camp, I check all my scissors to make sure the sheath has been replaced properly, and almost every time I find at least ONE pair on which it has been replaced backwards.

The other tip that comes up time and time again is which way to fold the card base – i.e., when you pre-score the card stock, does the “speed bump” go on the inside or the outside of the card.  I let them know that when you use a stylus and scoring board to score the paper, the fibers on the scored side of the card stock are broken down and stretched so it doesn’t crack when you fold it – for that reason, the scored side goes on the outside; the bump goes on the inside.

Cathy Hansen

cihansen04@hotmail.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44338.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Lisa Miller

Wow...love all of these so far.  

Ribbon has a lot of options besides bows for anyone who hates to tie a bow.    It’s a lovely inexpensive embellishment for your projects.  Don’t let it scare you!  

Lisa Miller
<a href="tel:210.499.1195" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0/1" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824); caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">210.499.1195
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Your personal CARDiologist  ♥  

On Sep 13, 2018, at 2:02 PM, SUDSOL [Beth Schreiber] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44350h19@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

teach57123@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: teach57123@yahoo.com

My favorite tip is that we sell ‘magic paper’. If you stamp it on one side and don’t like the impression...wha-la! Flip it over and stamp again.it works for most inks.

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 13, 2018, at 1:00 PM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44338h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Cathy Hansen

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44338.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Schreiber, please change the email address to: teach57123@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44350.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Lisa Miller 210.499.1195 Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Customer Tips

donnab07

Mistakes are an opportunity for creativity!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n44337h89@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44337h89@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:45 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon

When you use Tombow glue a little goes a long way.  All you need is a dot, dot, dot.  Make sure that you don't get too close to the edges when you 'dot' your glue or else it will ooze out beyond your piece of cardstock and make a mess.
Don't forget that you can use the outside edges of the dimensional sheets......just cut them up to the size that you need.
Use your Stampin' Pierce Mat to stamp on when stamping with photopolymer stamps so that you get a perfectly stamped image/sentiment.
When making multiple cards of the same design make sure that you use your Stamparatus.  It's the best thing since apple pie!  Plus, if the first inking didn't turn out just right you can always reink and stamp it again for the perfect image.
😀 Sue Dillon

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:27 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44356h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:+Customer+Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

Mistakes are an opportunity for creativity!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n44337h89@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44337h89@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2018 9:45 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

clindmeier@...?subject=Customer%20Tips

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44356.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h50@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Costello

0802181329.jpg (4M) Download Attachment

My "Welcome sign" includes my favorite advice . . . 

"Welcome to Mary's Craft Cottage, where there are no mistakes, just opportunities for embellishment!"

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018, 11:44 AM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n44337h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Customer+Tips

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Customer Tips

Kit Bostrom
 My stamper gals do not like to color it I always tell them practice makes it perfect.  The more you color the easier it gets.
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

Multipurpose Glue-dots :) Re: SU!: Customer Tips

Nancy Legate

I do not like glue as it becomes more messy than helpful when I use it. When attaching delicate cut items, I like to put dot-dot-dots of our Tombow Multipurpose Glue on the item; set it aside for a few minutes (5-20 depending on the size of dots you need to use); the white turns to almost clear (like glue dots); apply to your project. Wha-la! The glue does NOT ooze like so many times when you immediately apply and attach your item and it holds permanently!  😍

Have A Stampingly Day!

Nancy l:^) -- Got Stamps? 
309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410
http://www.stampnnuggets.com
http://www.nancylegate.stampinup.net
   "We make a living by what we get,
   but we make a life by what we give."
           Winston Churchill
Personal    :  http://facebook.com/stampin.nancy
Stampin' UP!:  http://facebook.com/stampnnuggets
On 9/13/2018 11:44 AM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk wrote:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h53@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Multipurpose Glue-dots :) Customer Tips

Jeanne Moss

This was a great question!  I use several of these already, but some are new to me, and good ideas!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2018, at 10:29 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Legate] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44362h63@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

meandmystampin@frontiernet.net?subject=Multipurpose Glue-dots :) Re: SU!: Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net

I do not like glue as it becomes more messy than helpful when I use it. When attaching delicate cut items, I like to put dot-dot-dots of our Tombow Multipurpose Glue on the item; set it aside for a few minutes (5-20 depending on the size of dots you need to use); the white turns to almost clear (like glue dots); apply to your project. Wha-la! The glue does NOT ooze like so many times when you immediately apply and attach your item and it holds permanently! 😍

Have A Stampingly Day!

309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410
           Winston Churchill
Personal    :  http://facebook.com/stampin.nancy
Stampin' UP!:  http://facebook.com/stampnnuggets

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Legate, please change the email address to: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44362.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Multipurpose Glue-dots :) Customer Tips

Cathy Hansen

I really like this idea too!  Thanks for sharing.  I’m going to try it the next time I’m applying small or detailed elements!!!!

Cathy Hansen

720-255-7730

cihansen04@hotmail.com

From: ml+s1100894n44363h56@.nabble <ml+s1100894n44363h56@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 9:40 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Multipurpose Glue-dots :) Customer Tips

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Multipurpose%20Glue-dots%20:)%20Customer%20Tips

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

This was a great question!  I use several of these already, but some are new to me, and good ideas!

Jeanne Moss

jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2018, at 10:29 AM, SUDSOL [Nancy Legate] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44362h63@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

meandmystampin@frontiernet.net?subject=Multipurpose Glue-dots :) Re: SU!: Customer Tips

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net

I do not like glue as it becomes more messy than helpful when I use it. When attaching delicate cut items, I like to put dot-dot-dots of our Tombow Multipurpose Glue on the item; set it aside for a few minutes (5-20 depending on the size of dots you need to use); the white turns to almost clear (like glue dots); apply to your project. Wha-la! The glue does NOT ooze like so many times when you immediately apply and attach your item and it holds permanently! 😍

Have A Stampingly Day!

309-368-8005  --  Abingdon, IL 61410
           Winston Churchill
Personal    :  http://facebook.com/stampin.nancy
Stampin' UP!:  http://facebook.com/stampnnuggets

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Legate, please change the email address to: meandmystampin@frontiernet.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44362.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44363.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I like both of your tips, but the scoring one hits home the most. I taught my customers the following, “When in doubt, score is out!” I often here them repeating it during my events. 😊

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Sep 14, 2018, at 3:00 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44338h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cathy Hansen

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

I like that, Maria, and may have to start using it.

Cathy 

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2018, at 1:55 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44367h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Customer Tips
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I like both of your tips, but the scoring one hits home the most. I taught my customers the following, “When in doubt, score is out!” I often here them repeating it during my events. 😊

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

On Sep 14, 2018, at 3:00 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44338h10@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Cathy Hansen

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44367.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Customer Tips

Dena Lenneman
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

I do the opposite. To me, scoring breaks the fibers and creates a channel that becomes the inside of the fold. Having the bump to the inside seems bulkier. But to be honest, I have folded both ways and don’t really notice a difference. I have noticed most of our cardstock curves more on one side than the other so I fold with that natural curve.

Dena
Like me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/denalennemanstampinup

Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 2:55 PM
To: dena@lenneman.com
Subject: Re: SU!: Customer Tips

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Customer%20Tips

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre

Guam, USA

On Sep 14, 2018, at 3:00 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44338h10@.nabble> wrote:

cihansen04@?subject=RE: SU!: Customer Tips

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@

Cathy Hansen

cihansen04@hotmail.com

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Customer-Tips-tp44337p44367.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@.nabble

Dena
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Go for it!

FYI, I realized after hitting send that auto correct added “is”. It should be,
“When in doubt, score out!”

Happy Stampin’~

Maria Pobre
Guam, USA

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 6:05 AM, SUDSOL [Cathy Hansen] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44368h40@.nabble> wrote:
>
> following, “When in doubt, score is out!”