classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Curious about mailing our Simply Pressed Clay

Kay Capps

Hi- I am curious if you sent out Holiday cards using our clay if you
had to put in a special padded envelope or pay additional postage?

Thanks and wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed new year!

Kay Capps
Kay Capps
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Curious about mailing our Simply Pressed Clay

Ann Nahm

During one of my 327 trips to the Post Office before Christmas, I had some cards with bows and brads.  The gal just kept pinching the envelopes and I finally asked her what was going on.  She said she was trying to decide if they would "make it through the machine."  She said that if they were to thick you have to pay 20 cents extra which would mean that they hand cancel it.  As she continued pinching I told her I had put some very thin foam over the lumpy parts so they would not catch on "the machine."  She decided they would probably make it.  I am not sure if they can make you do the 20 cents extra or not.  The issue is that if "the machine" tears the envelope you are S O L.

Ann Nahm

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Kay Capps [via Product Q&As] <ml-node+s1100894n4019h77@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Kay Capps
Kay Capps

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: petking@vcn.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Curious-about-mailing-our-Simply-Pressed-Clay-tp4019.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h62@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Curious about mailing our Simply Pressed Clay

Kirsteen Gill

I go on the basis that if my card (in its envelope) will easily go through the gap in my paper trimmer (the ridge /hole that the blade runs up and down) then it does not require the extra postage.

Kirsteen Gill
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Katy TX
(001) 713-594-5226

On Dec 31, 2013, at 2:53 PM, "Ann Nahm [via Product Q&As]" <ml-node+s1100894n4035h28@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

During one of my 327 trips to the Post Office before Christmas, I had some cards with bows and brads.  The gal just kept pinching the envelopes and I finally asked her what was going on.  She said she was trying to decide if they would "make it through the machine."  She said that if they were to thick you have to pay 20 cents extra which would mean that they hand cancel it.  As she continued pinching I told her I had put some very thin foam over the lumpy parts so they would not catch on "the machine."  She decided they would probably make it.  I am not sure if they can make you do the 20 cents extra or not.  The issue is that if "the machine" tears the envelope you are S O L.

Ann Nahm

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Kay Capps [via Product Q&As] <ml-node+s1100894n4019h77@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Kay Capps
Kay Capps

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: petking@vcn.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.sudsol.org/Curious-about-mailing-our-Simply-Pressed-Clay-tp4019.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h62@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: annien8681@gmail.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Re-SU-Curious-about-mailing-our-Simply-Pressed-Clay-tp4035.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h17@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Curious about mailing our Simply Pressed Clay

Di Boland
In reply to this post by Kay Capps

FYI:  As a clerk at a post office yes we can make you pay the .20 extra. The hand cancelling saves your envelope and possibly another envelope or piece of mail from being torn because of the thickness the machines can wreck havoc on several pieces of mail before it is caught or shut down.
Di Boland diboland1002@gmail.com
Stampin Up! Demonstrator
----- Original Message -----
To: diboland1002@gmail.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:54 PM
Subject: SU!: Curious about mailing our Simply Pressed Clay

Ann Nahm

Kay Capps
Kay Capps

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: annien8681@gmail.com
http://forum.sudsol.org/Re-SU-Curious-about-mailing-our-Simply-Pressed-Clay-tp4035.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h15@.nabble

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 9239 (20140101) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com