Craft Critique:Close to My Heart Picture My Life + Washi Tape

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Craft Critique:Close to My Heart Picture My Life + Washi Tape

Phyllis Strickland
Here is a review from Craft Critique:  Go to this link to see the photos, can't copy them in a SUDSOL post.

http://www.craftcritique.com/2014/07/11/close-to-my-heart-picture-my-life-washi-tape/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CraftCritique+%28Craft+Critique%29

Pocket Scrapbooking is all the rage in the crafting community. Are you looking for a way to document your life without needing to spend hours upon hours of time decorating scrapbook pages? Pocket scrapbooking is what you need. I recommend it to everyone.

I have been an avid pocket scrapbooker for the last 3 years. I first dabbled in pocket scrapbooking because traditional scrapbooking was intimidating to me. A layout seems so big compared to my favorite craft of card making. Pocket scrapbooking offered a smaller size project on a large scale….which sounds contradictory, of course. What I’m trying to convey is that each of the little pockets can be considered an individual canvas. Each pocket allows you to create a new little project and all of the smaller elements in conjunction create a larger masterpiece. You can create a large scale project, but by creating it one small piece at a time.

The introduction of the Close To My Heart brand to the pocket scrapbooking scene brings another level of ease to scrapbooking. With coordinated designs and one central location to purchase, plus the expertise of a consultant and quality that CTMH is known for, you are sure to discover a new love of the concept!

I got a chance to work with Close To My Heart’s  “Picture My Life” Laughing Lola pocket scrapbooking kit.

The kit, which retails for $24.95 through the CTMH website and local consultants, comes with:

44 – 4″ × 6″ Cards (2 each of 22 designs)
78 – 3″ × 4″ Cards (3 each of 26 designs)
1 – 12″ × 12″ Designed Cover Sheet
10 – 12″ × 12″ pocket sheet protectors (various designs)
According to the Close To My Heart website, the kits’ products are acid-free, lignin-free, and buffered. There are 5 styles of pocket page protectors, and they are extremely well made.

The combination of purples and teal in the designs were so gorgeous. The designs were new and fresh, and so easy to work with and embellish.

In addition to the new “Picture My Life” Laughing Lola scrapbooking program, I also had the opportunity to use Close To My Heart’s Gold Dot Washi Tape. It is sold in 15 yard rolls for $7.95.

I tried the tape out on a layout that I made:

This washi tape is made like traditional washi. It has a very thin paper composition that is easily to tear and slighly translucent. It is lush as it is 1″ wide and is easy to work with. If you are a washi fan like I am, you will love it.

All in all, I highly recommend Close To My Heart’s Picture My Life – and the gold washi – as quality products for quick and easy scrapbooking!