classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount

Jeanne Walsh
Hi everyone.

How do I safely remove the rubber stamp from a wood block and how do I convert it to be a clear mount stamp?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount

Phyllis Strickland

When I converted a bunch of stamps before SU offered clear mount stamps,  I used this method.

1.  Have some clear cling sign vinyl (Dick Blick ARt Supplies) or the heaviest clear vinyl tableclothy yardage you can find (JoAnn) ready to stick your stamp on it.

2.  Put the stamp in the microwave about 10-15 second, depending on your microwave.  You can then carefully peel off the stamp.

3.  Quickly stick the stamp on the vinyl while the adhesive is still warm and sticky.

4.  trim around the stamp.

Phyllis Strickland

On Aug 31, 2018, at 02:30 PM, "SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n44102h96@.nabble> wrote:

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hi everyone.

How do I safely remove the rubber stamp from a wood block and how do I convert it to be a clear mount stamp?

Thanks!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Converting-Wood-Stamps-to-Clear-Mount-tp44102.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Walsh

Phyllis,
Thank you, Thank you.
Regards,
Jeanne C. Walsh
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
845-430-5971
http://createwithjeanne.stampinup.net
createwithjeanne@gmail.com

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:31 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n44103h45@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Converting+Wood+Stamps+to+Clear+Mount
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

When I converted a bunch of stamps before SU offered clear mount stamps,  I used this method.

1.  Have some clear cling sign vinyl (Dick Blick ARt Supplies) or the heaviest clear vinyl tableclothy yardage you can find (JoAnn) ready to stick your stamp on it.

2.  Put the stamp in the microwave about 10-15 second, depending on your microwave.  You can then carefully peel off the stamp.

3.  Quickly stick the stamp on the vinyl while the adhesive is still warm and sticky.

4.  trim around the stamp.

Phyllis Strickland

On Aug 31, 2018, at 02:30 PM, "SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n44102h96@.nabble> wrote:

createwithjeanne@...?subject=Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: createwithjeanne@gmail.com

Hi everyone.

Thanks!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Walsh, please change the email address to: createwithjeanne@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Converting-Wood-Stamps-to-Clear-Mount-tp44102.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Converting-Wood-Stamps-to-Clear-Mount-tp44102p44103.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h26@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount

Connie Babbert
In reply to this post by Jeanne Walsh

I microwave the wood stamp about 10 seconds, peel off the red rubber and foam together, then peel off the sticker from the wood.  Adhere the sticker to the back of the sticky foam.  Trim if necessary.  I've done tons this way.

Connie R. Babbert

Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator

Order Online 24/7:  www.iluvstamping.stampinup.net

Creative Ideas on my Blog:  www.inkspiredtreasures.com

From: ml+s1100894n44102h69@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44102h69@.nabble]
Sent: Friday, August 31, 2018 2:30 PM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount

createwithjeanne@gmail.com?subject=Converting%20Wood%20Stamps%20to%20Clear%20Mount

Hi everyone.

Thanks!

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h81@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Jeanne Walsh

And Connie's reply reminds me of two things; 
When I trimmed the vinyl I left a border around the stamp to (1) provide a better cling and (2) to have something to grab when removing the stamp from the block because the sign vinyl really does cling well.

Peel off the stamp label from the wood block and trim it, then stick on the vinyl.

I fixed my instructions below.  But her way is easier.

Phyllis

On Aug 31, 2018, at 03:43 PM, "SUDSOL [Jeanne Walsh] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n44104h58@.nabble> wrote:
Phyllis,
Thank you, Thank you.
Regards,
Jeanne C. Walsh

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 3:31 PM SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n44103h45@.nabble> wrote:
When I converted a bunch of stamps before SU offered clear mount stamps, I used this method.

1. Have some clear cling sign vinyl (Dick Blick Art Supplies) or the heaviest clear vinyl tablecloth yardage you can find (JoAnn) ready to stick your stamp on it.

2. Put the stamp in the microwave about 10-15 second, depending on your microwave. You can then carefully peel off the stamp.

3. Quickly stick the stamp on the vinyl while the adhesive is still warm and sticky.

4. trim around the stamp, leaving an extra border for better cling and to have something to grab when removing the stamp from the acrylic block.
               5. Peel the stamp label off the wooden block, trim a bit and stick on the vinyl.

Phyllis Strickland

createwithjeanne@...?subject=Converting Wood Stamps to Clear Mount

Hi everyone.

Thanks!

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h8@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Converting-Wood-Stamps-to-Clear-Mount-tp44102p44103.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h26@.nabble

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Converting-Wood-Stamps-to-Clear-Mount-tp44102p44104.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com