Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling

Karen Fontinelle

A customer today texted a photo to me of the Hey Chick Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set from 2016 I think. It looks like the cling labels are kind of loosening and wrinkling up and coming loose around the edges.  I looked at a few random older stamp sets of mine and I don't see that happening on the ones I looked at. 

Anybody have that happen or know what I am talking about or have any ideas what she should do? These aren't the real sticky labels we have now.  I doubt Stampin' Up! would or should do anything about it at this point 4 years later.

Karen Fontinelle
Houston, TX
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling

Priscilla Williams

I haven't had that happen, but have used bits of the scraps from new sets on old climg stamps.  Works beautifully!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Karen Fontinelle] via Product Q&As" <ml+s1100894n53904h33@.nabble>
Date: 6/8/20 9:48 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <MRSPJW@>
Subject: SU!: Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling

KSFontinelle@gmail.com?subject=Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KSFontinelle@

A customer today texted a photo to me of the Hey Chick Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set from 2016 I think. It looks like the cling labels are kind of loosening and wrinkling up and coming loose around the edges. I looked at a few random older stamp sets of mine and I don't see that happening on the ones I looked at.

Anybody have that happen or know what I am talking about or have any ideas what she should do? These aren't the real sticky labels we have now. I doubt Stampin' Up! would or should do anything about it at this point 4 years later.

Karen Fontinelle
Houston, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Fontinelle, please change the email address to: KSFontinelle@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h83@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling

Beverly Derringer
In reply to this post by Karen Fontinelle

You might ask how she is cleaning the stamps. 

I have had this happen on the older stamps (before our new sticky ones) when I used baby wipes that were really wet. The wetness seemed to get under the edge of the label and start peeling off and when I pushed back down after I dried them, they  wrinkled. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Jun 8, 2020, at 8:48 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Fontinelle] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n53904h5@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KSFontinelle@

A customer today texted a photo to me of the Hey Chick Sale-A-Bration Stamp Set from 2016 I think. It looks like the cling labels are kind of loosening and wrinkling up and coming loose around the edges. I looked at a few random older stamp sets of mine and I don't see that happening on the ones I looked at.

Anybody have that happen or know what I am talking about or have any ideas what she should do? These aren't the real sticky labels we have now. I doubt Stampin' Up! would or should do anything about it at this point 4 years later.

Karen Fontinelle
Houston, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Fontinelle, please change the email address to: KSFontinelle@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h55@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Erickson

A lot of my clear stamps do that. Sometimes the label gets so loose I can pull it up and reposition it. I also have trouble with the stamps cupping to the label side. The foam cushion becomes smaller than the rubber and the label. I think the cushion shrinks over time. I also have put scraps of the new cling labels on my clear stamps. Now we have strips of the cling that we can put on the old clear mounts. Yay!
Sue Erickson

On Jun 8, 2020, at 9:00 PM, SUDSOL [Beverly Derringer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n53909h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bevderringer@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cling%20Stamp%20Labels%20Wrinkling
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bevderringer@yahoo.com

I have had this happen on the older stamps (before our new sticky ones) when I used baby wipes that were really wet. The wetness seemed to get under the edge of the label and start peeling off and when I pushed back down after I dried them, they  wrinkled. 

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

On Jun 8, 2020, at 8:48 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Fontinelle] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n53904h5@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KSFontinelle@

Karen Fontinelle
Houston, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Fontinelle, please change the email address to: KSFontinelle@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h55@.nabble 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beverly Derringer, please change the email address to: bevderringer@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904p53909.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com 

Reply | Threaded
|

Kathy Slamar

I have had the happen also.  I just bought the new cling adhesive but have not tried it yet.  Certainly worth a try especially on the itty bitty greetings that I use a lot.
Kathy Slamar

On Jun 8, 2020, at 11:31 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n53910h69@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cling%20Stamp%20Labels%20Wrinkling
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@soggystamper.com

A lot of my clear stamps do that. Sometimes the label gets so loose I can pull it up and reposition it. I also have trouble with the stamps cupping to the label side. The foam cushion becomes smaller than the rubber and the label. I think the cushion shrinks over time. I also have put scraps of the new cling labels on my clear stamps. Now we have strips of the cling that we can put on the old clear mounts. Yay!
Sue Erickson

On Jun 8, 2020, at 9:00 PM, SUDSOL [Beverly Derringer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n53909h57@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

bevderringer@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cling%20Stamp%20Labels%20Wrinkling
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: bevderringer@yahoo.com

Sent from my iPhone
Beverly Derringer

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: KSFontinelle@

Karen Fontinelle
Houston, TX

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Fontinelle, please change the email address to: KSFontinelle@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h55@.nabble 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beverly Derringer, please change the email address to: bevderringer@yahoo.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904p53909.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h52@n7.nabble.com 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Erickson, please change the email address to: sue@soggystamper.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cling-Stamp-Labels-Wrinkling-tp53904p53910.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h33@n7.nabble.com 

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cling Stamp Labels Wrinkling

Charlotte Lindmeier
In reply to this post by Karen Fontinelle
Make sure she is putting the correct side to the stamp. One side is meant to go against the stamp and the other to our acrylic blocks.  I did that wrong when we first got the Cling stamp sets. I used the pieces around the edges to adhere to the stamps I unmounted from the wood.  I didn't know that it would make a difference.  
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week