Christmas in July Summary

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Christmas in July Summary

Charlotte Lindmeier
Thanks for sharing everyone. We had enough participants this week to give a free week of SUDSOL. Our winner this week is Barb Stencel.

Our Question this week was:
Do you do Christmas in July?  If you do, please share how successful it is and an idea of the types of things you do.
I do a stamp a stack each year in July for Christmas cards.  I always have a full class.  The ladies like the idea of getting together and making Christmas cards before the rush starts.  It really starts in August getting kids back to school, ball practices, etc and before you turn around, it is Christmas.  We put on some Christmas music and have a good time.  They make twelve cards, 6 designs and two each.  I only charge $25 but there are really no embellishments and the cards are very simple but pretty.  They furnish their own envelopes.
I don’t do a stamp a stack but I usually do 2 different Christmas cards in August to get them thinking about making their cards before Christmas. Then I’ll do 1 more Christmas card in September and  1 in October. 
I Love to get started on my holiday paper crafting with July. I held a Christmas in July workshop on the 15 that was well attended. They had multiple cards to choose to make as well as 2 gift bags and then 1/2 dozen gift tags. It was held in a restaurant as a neutral setting with a couple of appetizers. I have found I get a better turnout if they have to commit to coming. 

I charged $25 a piece and then a $10 credit if they put in an order of $50 or more.

Prize patrol made the rounds with 2 prizes (no “everyone gets it” and small party favors for everyone who came.

Christmas in July is always good with me.
No, I don’t do Christmas in July.  I’ve tried it in the past, without success. Most of my customers are either off on vacations, or have their school-aged children at home to look after.

I do not do Christmas in July. It hasn’t ever been successful for me.
I do Christmas in September instead of July.  By then the Holiday catalog is out and I have had the chance to make samples of projects made with new products.  This class is always a success – 4 cards and 1-2 3D projects for $25.
I’m another one who has tried it with little success.
I used to do a Christmas in July several years ago. It was very successful. I set up stations (even my son helped!) with different projects. I don’t remember how many cards we did but I also did “last minute gifts” like the Jiffy Pop that hung on a 2-liter bottle. I put a pocket on the front for a gift card to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video – shows how many ears ago it was! We did mini gift bags with music box movements inside, lots of little, inexpensive things that could be given to a bus driver, classroom helper, etc. My husband cranked down the a/c (waaaaay down), turned on our gas fireplace and put on Christmas music. We made Christmas treats (one reason my son helped) and one year the hubby even pulled out a small white  Christmas tree that was my daughter’s “fairy tree.” We all had a good time and it was a break from the heat and humidity of Central Illinois.

If I can find the outline for some of them, I’ll send them to the class outlines.
I have a stamp club that loves to start Christmas cards in July.  I do 4 cards with envelopes (2 each of 2 different designs).  They place a minimum $30 order every month and make the cards for free.  Guests may come but they must also place a minimum $30 order to get the cards for free.  If they don't want to place an order I charge them $15.
I will be having a Christmas only Stamp-A-Stack the 1st week in Nov.  They will make 8 different cards (2 of each) for $48.  I had a great turnout last year!
I don’t do Christmas in July, but I do start Christmas card Stamp-a-Stack classes in August.  I used to do three cards each of 4 designs, this year I have more in attendance and need extra stations so I am doing 2/ea of 6 designs.  I do another class in Sept. and again in Oct.  I’ve been doing this for the past 3 years and the girls love that they have a bunch of cards already finished before Halloween!
I do Christmas in July, August, September, October and November. I devote one class per month (actually 2 in September this year), on a Saturday. I limit the class to 8, but I have a 10-12 morning session and an afternoon session 1-3 pm.  Each class offers 2 each of two different designs. The cards are usually pretty detailed/complicated and I have refreshments and charge $15 for the class.  Morning and afternoons are the same cards, but they are completely different each month.  Most of my ladies book all 6 sessions, so they end up with 24 cards and they are done by early November. I sell out almost immediately after I post the dates.
I have  my Christmas class in August, September and October.  That way we are done with Christmas cards before everyone gets busy with life, again after a busy summer!  Unfortunately my classes have gotten smaller due to the fact that they all have the same stamps that I have!     But it is fun to watch them work on their cards!  Happy Stamping
I have never done a Christmas in July.  I do my Christmas cards over 4 months.  My customers like it better.  We do 3 designs with them making 4 of each design.  They walk away with 12 cards from the session.  If they do all 4 sessions they have 48 cards they can send.  They like this better as they can tailor it to their needs and make either 12, 24, 36, or 48 cards.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Christmas in July Summary

Barb Stencel

Wow!  Thank you for the free week!!

Sent from XFINITY Connect App

------ Original Message ------

To:  Barbara  Stencel
Sent: July 22, 2018 at 11:02 AM
Subject: SU!: Christmas in July Summary

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Christmas in July Summary
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Thanks for sharing everyone. We had enough participants this week to give a free week of SUDSOL. Our winner this week is Barb Stencel.

Our Question this week was:
Do you do Christmas in July? If you do, please share how successful it is and an idea of the types of things you do.
I do a stamp a stack each year in July for Christmas cards. I always have a full class. The ladies like the idea of getting together and making Christmas cards before the rush starts. It really starts in August getting kids back to school, ball practices, etc and before you turn around, it is Christmas. We put on some Christmas music and have a good time. They make twelve cards, 6 designs and two each. I only charge $25 but there are really no embellishments and the cards are very simple but pretty. They furnish their own envelopes.
I don’t do a stamp a stack but I usually do 2 different Christmas cards in August to get them thinking about making their cards before Christmas. Then I’ll do 1 more Christmas card in September and 1 in October.
I Love to get started on my holiday paper crafting with July. I held a Christmas in July workshop on the 15 that was well attended. They had multiple cards to choose to make as well as 2 gift bags and then 1/2 dozen gift tags. It was held in a restaurant as a neutral setting with a couple of appetizers. I have found I get a better turnout if they have to commit to coming.

I charged $25 a piece and then a $10 credit if they put in an order of $50 or more.

Prize patrol made the rounds with 2 prizes (no “everyone gets it” and small party favors for everyone who came.

Christmas in July is always good with me.
No, I don’t do Christmas in July. I’ve tried it in the past, without success. Most of my customers are either off on vacations, or have their school-aged children at home to look after.

I do not do Christmas in July. It hasn’t ever been successful for me.
I do Christmas in September instead of July. By then the Holiday catalog is out and I have had the chance to make samples of projects made with new products. This class is always a success – 4 cards and 1-2 3D projects for $25.
I’m another one who has tried it with little success.
I used to do a Christmas in July several years ago. It was very successful. I set up stations (even my son helped!) with different projects. I don’t remember how many cards we did but I also did “last minute gifts” like the Jiffy Pop that hung on a 2-liter bottle. I put a pocket on the front for a gift card to Blockbuster or Hollywood Video – shows how many ears ago it was! We did mini gift bags with music box movements inside, lots of little, inexpensive things that could be given to a bus driver, classroom helper, etc. My husband cranked down the a/c (waaaaay down), turned on our gas fireplace and put on Christmas music. We made Christmas treats (one reason my son helped) and one year the hubby even pulled out a small white Christmas tree that was my daughter’s “fairy tree.” We all had a good time and it was a break from the heat and humidity of Central Illinois.

If I can find the outline for some of them, I’ll send them to the class outlines.
I have a stamp club that loves to start Christmas cards in July. I do 4 cards with envelopes (2 each of 2 different designs). They place a minimum $30 order every month and make the cards for free. Guests may come but they must also place a minimum $30 order to get the cards for free. If they don't want to place an order I charge them $15.
I will be having a Christmas only Stamp-A-Stack the 1st week in Nov. They will make 8 different cards (2 of each) for $48. I had a great turnout last year!
I don’t do Christmas in July, but I do start Christmas card Stamp-a-Stack classes in August. I used to do three cards each of 4 designs, this year I have more in attendance and need extra stations so I am doing 2/ea of 6 designs. I do another class in Sept. and again in Oct. I’ve been doing this for the past 3 years and the girls love that they have a bunch of cards already finished before Halloween!
I do Christmas in July, August, September, October and November. I devote one class per month (actually 2 in September this year), on a Saturday. I limit the class to 8, but I have a 10-12 morning session and an afternoon session 1-3 pm. Each class offers 2 each of two different designs. The cards are usually pretty detailed/complicated and I have refreshments and charge $15 for the class. Morning and afternoons are the same cards, but they are completely different each month. Most of my ladies book all 6 sessions, so they end up with 24 cards and they are done by early November. I sell out almost immediately after I post the dates.
I have my Christmas class in August, September and October. That way we are done with Christmas cards before everyone gets busy with life, again after a busy summer! Unfortunately my classes have gotten smaller due to the fact that they all have the same stamps that I have! But it is fun to watch them work on their cards! Happy Stamping
I have never done a Christmas in July. I do my Christmas cards over 4 months. My customers like it better. We do 3 designs with them making 4 of each design. They walk away with 12 cards from the session. If they do all 4 sessions they have 48 cards they can send. They like this better as they can tailor it to their needs and make either 12, 24, 36, or 48 cards.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Christmas-in-July-Summary-tp43329.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h75@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Barb Stencel
www.beelinestamping.com
847-909-1718
barb@beelinestamping.com