China etc

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

China etc

Lois Folla

I had heard a while back SU! was suing for copyright but did not know what the results were or the company or companies they were fighting.  I just went to the company you shared and they even have the new catalog that we can’t order yet from available!

My customers don’t know about it, they would have told me and I would have noticed lower sales, so it has not affected me. But that is also why I don’t do videos or fb videos yet. They are not interested in fb or computers…..

I was shocked to see so many of the things we just got to view online the other day available so cheap! Stampin’ Up! must be boiling over. Now I understand why they retire things after a year. Maybe they feel they can’t compete for more then that long? And as demonstrators we use what is current with our samples and classes. Once we stop posting them on our blogs, pinterest and or facebook plus other social mediums the ideas stop, for the most part.

Thank you for sharing. It’s good to know these things before customers. I will not discuss this with my customers. I feel I would betray Stampin’ Up!

At least our inks and card stock will always be sort after, as long as they slow down on raising the prices or people will make less and will accept a lower quality.

BTW it was brought to my attention the masks I shared may not be approved by SU! I was told they were approved. I am not selling them just passing info on but did ask before I purchased them. I would not share them with SUDSOL if I thought they were illegal!  

Many of us have sent it photos to our compliance dept for approval, and then we were able to make things using the logo etc.

But as I asked before, please bring any questions to that person making them and do your homework. I was just trying to be kind and share. As I said, its’ a safety reason, and for our customers to feel cared for and appreciated. I purchased them not to advertise! But that is only my 2 cents 😊

Lois

Lois Folla Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator/Manager

Email: StampinPresschat@gmail.com

Call/Text: 732-598-5026

Creative Blog: www.StampinPress.com

Shop Online: www.LoisFolla.StampinUp.net

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: China etc

Sandra Weiss

I hope you don't mind me asking but what you commented on this other catalog having items similar to stampin' Up would you mind sending me the info to check out. I had not heard anything yet but I would like to see what the other company is doing so maybe I can have an answer for my customers.
Thanks
Sandra

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 03:53:20 PM CDT, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54211h19@.nabble> wrote:

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=China etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@

I had heard a while back SU! was suing for copyright but did not know what the results were or the company or companies they were fighting. I just went to the company you shared and they even have the new catalog that we can’t order yet from available!

My customers don’t know about it, they would have told me and I would have noticed lower sales, so it has not affected me. But that is also why I don’t do videos or fb videos yet. They are not interested in fb or computers…..

I was shocked to see so many of the things we just got to view online the other day available so cheap! Stampin’ Up! must be boiling over. Now I understand why they retire things after a year. Maybe they feel they can’t compete for more then that long? And as demonstrators we use what is current with our samples and classes. Once we stop posting them on our blogs, pinterest and or facebook plus other social mediums the ideas stop, for the most part.

Thank you for sharing. It’s good to know these things before customers. I will not discuss this with my customers. I feel I would betray Stampin’ Up!

At least our inks and card stock will always be sort after, as long as they slow down on raising the prices or people will make less and will accept a lower quality.

BTW it was brought to my attention the masks I shared may not be approved by SU! I was told they were approved. I am not selling them just passing info on but did ask before I purchased them. I would not share them with SUDSOL if I thought they were illegal!

Many of us have sent it photos to our compliance dept for approval, and then we were able to make things using the logo etc.

But as I asked before, please bring any questions to that person making them and do your homework. I was just trying to be kind and share. As I said, its’ a safety reason, and for our customers to feel cared for and appreciated. I purchased them not to advertise! But that is only my 2 cents 😊

Lois

Email: StampinPresschat@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-etc-tp54211.html
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: China etc

Nancy Sutton

I spoke to DS yesterday about this issue and how disappointed I was.  I don’t know if they make notes on all the calls they take but I hope our conversation was recorded somewhere. I asked if they were aware our new Annual Catalogue and the Holiday catalogue that hasn’t even gone live is up on the China sites.  I emphasized that my business has decreased by more than half and it is getting worse as people become more aware.  She said that Stampin’ Up! is aware and there is nothing they can do because China has no copyright laws in so there is no fault no foul for them.  I asked if SU had any plans to start using US factories to make the products because it may well be that sending them the exact designs of the products to produce makes it very easy for them to then steal the plans as they are doing.  She told me it doesn’t matter because all the stamps are made in Utah and they are reproducing them as well.  She said this was happening to a lot of companies and that we have to rely on our customers loyalties and the fact that Stampin’ Up! is selling a better product.  I then told her that (most) people don’t care about the quality of the product, if it cuts and they get it for “a steal” then that is where they are going to buy.  

All this to say, I am seriously going to revert to a hobby stamper and we will see where it goes from there.  I won’t make any further comments about this issue, I just wanted to know if you all were aware and if it was effecting your business.  I won’t leave SU because I value and appreciate the friends I have made and I truly love the stamps and dies, I am coming up to my 10th anniversary in Oct.  Anyway, good luck peeps and we’ll be talking to you. Take care 
Hugs Nancy 

On Jun 30, 2020, at 9:32 AM, SUDSOL [Sandra Weiss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54249h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

skweiss3@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: skweiss3@yahoo.com

I hope you don't mind me asking but what you commented on this other catalog having items similar to stampin' Up would you mind sending me the info to check out. I had not heard anything yet but I would like to see what the other company is doing so maybe I can have an answer for my customers.
Thanks
Sandra

On Sunday, June 28, 2020, 03:53:20 PM CDT, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54211h19@.nabble> wrote:

StampWithLois@gmail.com?subject=China etc
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: StampWithLois@

I had heard a while back SU! was suing for copyright but did not know what the results were or the company or companies they were fighting. I just went to the company you shared and they even have the new catalog that we can’t order yet from available!

Lois

Email: StampinPresschat@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: StampWithLois@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-etc-tp54211.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sandra Weiss, please change the email address to: skweiss3@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-etc-tp54211p54249.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!