China & Ali Express

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Locked 18 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

China & Ali Express

Nancy Sutton

I was aware that Stampin’ Up had a legal battle with China/Ali Express and from what I understood they lost.  I don’t know what the parameters were or the international business laws or any of the particulars, however, has anyone looked on the Ali Express site lately??  I had a customer come over to make a small order (things she could not get on Ali Express) and she showed me on her iPad the site.  I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open.  Not only is every Stampin’ Up stamp and die bundle on there but they have used the exact pages from the new Annual catalogue for description and sample pictures.  These stamps and dies are not being made smaller or different in any way and they are being sold for less than a fraction of what Stampin’ Up is selling them for.  Some of the cases even have the Stampin’ Up! name on the top of the stamps.  
I don’t know about you but I am floored and I can now understand why my sales are continually dropping.  I thanked my customer for showing me but I ask HOW can we have a profitable business if CHINA is our competition???  

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: China & Ali Express

Robbie Rubala

Nancy,

I totally agree.  Until they bring the manufacturing back to the US this will continue to happen.  All we can hope for is that SU will work on manufacturing here in the US to avoid this.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54179h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=China+&+Ali+Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

I was aware that Stampin’ Up had a legal battle with China/Ali Express and from what I understood they lost.  I don’t know what the parameters were or the international business laws or any of the particulars, however, has anyone looked on the Ali Express site lately??  I had a customer come over to make a small order (things she could not get on Ali Express) and she showed me on her iPad the site.  I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open.  Not only is every Stampin’ Up stamp and die bundle on there but they have used the exact pages from the new Annual catalogue for description and sample pictures.  These stamps and dies are not being made smaller or different in any way and they are being sold for less than a fraction of what Stampin’ Up is selling them for.  Some of the cases even have the Stampin’ Up! name on the top of the stamps.  
I don’t know about you but I am floored and I can now understand why my sales are continually dropping.  I thanked my customer for showing me but I ask HOW can we have a profitable business if CHINA is our competition???  

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

--
Robbie Rubala
my blog - https://creationsinpaper.com/

my Stampin' Up website - http://robbierubala.stampinup.net

Robbie Rubala
Reply | Threaded
|

Nancy Sutton

I sent this same email to DS and I will call on Monday.  I know they are aware but I would like to know what exactly they are doing about it, if there is anything they can do.  Is seems to n=me like such a violation and it just can’t be legal!!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54180h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

robbierubala@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: robbierubala@gmail.com

Nancy,

I totally agree. Until they bring the manufacturing back to the US this will continue to happen. All we can hope for is that SU will work on manufacturing here in the US to avoid this.

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54179h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

I was aware that Stampin’ Up had a legal battle with China/Ali Express and from what I understood they lost. I don’t know what the parameters were or the international business laws or any of the particulars, however, has anyone looked on the Ali Express site lately?? I had a customer come over to make a small order (things she could not get on Ali Express) and she showed me on her iPad the site. I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open. Not only is every Stampin’ Up stamp and die bundle on there but they have used the exact pages from the new Annual catalogue for description and sample pictures. These stamps and dies are not being made smaller or different in any way and they are being sold for less than a fraction of what Stampin’ Up is selling them for. Some of the cases even have the Stampin’ Up! name on the top of the stamps.
I don’t know about you but I am floored and I can now understand why my sales are continually dropping. I thanked my customer for showing me but I ask HOW can we have a profitable business if CHINA is our competition???

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robbie Rubala, please change the email address to: robbierubala@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54180.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

I just went to Ali express and searched for Stampin up.  It looked like the entire catalog came up!  Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com
Join Bluegrass Stampers on FB

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:39 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54181h52@.nabble> wrote:

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@

I sent this same email to DS and I will call on Monday.  I know they are aware but I would like to know what exactly they are doing about it, if there is anything they can do.  Is seems to n=me like such a violation and it just can’t be legal!!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54180h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: robbierubala@gmail.com

Nancy,

I totally agree. Until they bring the manufacturing back to the US this will continue to happen. All we can hope for is that SU will work on manufacturing here in the US to avoid this.

I was aware that Stampin’ Up had a legal battle with China/Ali Express and from what I understood they lost. I don’t know what the parameters were or the international business laws or any of the particulars, however, has anyone looked on the Ali Express site lately?? I had a customer come over to make a small order (things she could not get on Ali Express) and she showed me on her iPad the site. I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open. Not only is every Stampin’ Up stamp and die bundle on there but they have used the exact pages from the new Annual catalogue for description and sample pictures. These stamps and dies are not being made smaller or different in any way and they are being sold for less than a fraction of what Stampin’ Up is selling them for. Some of the cases even have the Stampin’ Up! name on the top of the stamps.
I don’t know about you but I am floored and I can now understand why my sales are continually dropping. I thanked my customer for showing me but I ask HOW can we have a profitable business if CHINA is our competition???

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robbie Rubala, please change the email address to: robbierubala@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54180.html

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54181.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

I just looked too and it looks like the new items not even released yet are
On their site. Exact copy of Halloween and snowflake, etc!  I would suspect
Someone from Stampin’ Up giving the info that they have all these already!

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:43 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54182h88@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

I just went to Ali express and searched for Stampin up.  It looked like the entire catalog came up!  Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:39 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54181h52@.nabble> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@

Nancy,

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54181.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54182.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Joan Norman

Same company that SU uses I bet!

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:52 PM SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54183h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

On their site. Exact copy of Halloween and snowflake, etc!  I would suspect

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:43 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54182h88@.nabble> wrote:

stampingal@...?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

I just went to Ali express and searched for Stampin up.  It looked like the entire catalog came up!  Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

sergeantmajor0313@...?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express

I sent this same email to DS and I will call on Monday.  I know they are aware but I would like to know what exactly they are doing about it, if there is anything they can do.  Is seems to n=me like such a violation and it just can’t be legal!!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54180h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

robbierubala@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express

Nancy,

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%2Bs1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54182.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54183.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
--
Joan Norman
Stampin' Up! demonstrator
stampnjoan@gmail.com

Cell: 502-548-5886
Phone: 502-239-4475

Reply | Threaded
|

shelly peck

I don't remember this problem happening when they worked with sizzix. 

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 4:40 PM SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54185h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stampnjoan@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:52 PM SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54183h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Tnstampingranny@...?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

On their site. Exact copy of Halloween and snowflake, etc! I would suspect

Sent from my iPad

I just went to Ali express and searched for Stampin up. It looked like the entire catalog came up! Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

I sent this same email to DS and I will call on Monday. I know they are aware but I would like to know what exactly they are doing about it, if there is anything they can do. Is seems to n=me like such a violation and it just can’t be legal!!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54180h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54179h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%252Bs1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54183.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54185.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

The problem has been going on for years, almost as long as I can remember.  I've been a demonstrator for nearly 19 years.  Violation of copyright has been an ongoing situation for as long as people have been creating.  I'm sure Stampin' Up! is well aware of and doing as much as they can to stop the copying, but China is a long way away and laws are not always respected from country to country.  The best thing you and I can do is to let Stampin' Up! deal with the situation and then get back to enjoying stamping and creating.  Let's think some good creative thoughts!  OK?  And then share those happy creative projects!!

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 6/27/2020 7:27:30 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n54186h63@.nabble writes:

juststampit4fun@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 4:40 PM SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n54185h80@n7.nabble.com > wrote:
stampnjoan@?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampnjoan@gmail.com

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:52 PM SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n54183h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

I just went to Ali express and searched for Stampin up. It looked like the entire catalog came up! Yikes!

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

I sent this same email to DS and I will call on Monday. I know they are aware but I would like to know what exactly they are doing about it, if there is anything they can do. Is seems to n=me like such a violation and it just can’t be legal!!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n54180h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n54179h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%252Bs1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Joan Norman, please change the email address to: stampnjoan@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54185.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to shelly peck, please change the email address to: juststampit4fun@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54186.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by shelly peck

I found this article and from my limited research this has been going on since 2014

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 at 10:27, SUDSOL [shelly peck] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54186h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
juststampit4fun@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020, 4:40 PM SUDSOL [Joan Norman] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n54185h80@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
stampnjoan@...?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 5:52 PM SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Business Talk <ml%25252Bs1100894n54183h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml%25252Bs1100894n54180h33@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Nancy,

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%25252Bs1100894n54179h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton
Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%25252Bs1100894n3h91@n7.nabble.com

--
Robbie Rubala

Robbie Rubala

To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%25252Bs1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%25252Bs1100894n3h13@n7.nabble.com
--
Joan Norman
stampnjoan@gmail.com

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to shelly peck, please change the email address to: juststampit4fun@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54186.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: China & Ali Express

donnab07
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton

I took a look at the Ali site and cannot believe what I saw.   If, in fact, SU! sued Ali and lost, I would sure like to hear an explanation of how

this happened.  This is outright plagiarism and probably much more.  I would like to know if any of my customers  have purchased from them, but I don’t want to put an idea in their heads.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n54179h91@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n54179h91@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:14 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: China & Ali Express

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=China%20&%20Ali%20Express

I was aware that Stampin’ Up had a legal battle with China/Ali Express and from what I understood they lost.  I don’t know what the parameters were or the international business laws or any of the particulars, however, has anyone looked on the Ali Express site lately??  I had a customer come over to make a small order (things she could not get on Ali Express) and she showed me on her iPad the site.  I literally sat there with my mouth hanging open.  Not only is every Stampin’ Up stamp and die bundle on there but they have used the exact pages from the new Annual catalogue for description and sample pictures.  These stamps and dies are not being made smaller or different in any way and they are being sold for less than a fraction of what Stampin’ Up is selling them for.  Some of the cases even have the Stampin’ Up! name on the top of the stamps.  
I don’t know about you but I am floored and I can now understand why my sales are continually dropping.  I thanked my customer for showing me but I ask HOW can we have a profitable business if CHINA is our competition???  

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Nancy Sutton

While the article listed below indicates this was happening in 2014 it didn’t really start enormously effecting our businesses until 2018.  This has been a significant problem since 2018 for me at least.

On Jun 27, 2020, at 8:51 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54189h12@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I took a look at the Ali site and cannot believe what I saw. If, in fact, SU! sued Ali and lost, I would sure like to hear an explanation of how

this happened. This is outright plagiarism and probably much more. I would like to know if any of my customers have purchased from them, but I don’t want to put an idea in their heads.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n54179h91@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n54179h91@.nabble] 
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:14 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: China & Ali Express

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

Disgruntled & Concerned 
Nancy Sutton 

Nancy Sutton 
Kingston, Ontario 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54189.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren

I had a customer show me the stamp she bought from them .  We compared them.  They were about 25percent smaller and did not stamp as well.  
It was the lighthouse stamp set from a few years back.  She called them her throw away stamps.  
When Shelli talked about the photopolamer
Stamps, she said that SU had added an additional stamp to make them last longer.
 We know that China doesn't play fair.
Thanks,
Karen Bernhardt 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n54190h19@.nabble>
Date: 6/27/20 9:17 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <grammyKaren51@>
Subject: Re: SU!: China & Ali Express

While the article listed below indicates this was happening in 2014 it didn’t really start enormously effecting our businesses until 2018.  This has been a significant problem since 2018 for me at least.

On Jun 27, 2020, at 8:51 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54189h12@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I took a look at the Ali site and cannot believe what I saw. If, in fact, SU! sued Ali and lost, I would sure like to hear an explanation of how

this happened. This is outright plagiarism and probably much more. I would like to know if any of my customers have purchased from them, but I don’t want to put an idea in their heads.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n54179h91@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n54179h91@.nabble] 
Sent: Saturday, June 27, 2020 1:14 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: China & Ali Express

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com

Disgruntled & Concerned 
Nancy Sutton 

Nancy Sutton 
Kingston, Ontario 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54189.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54190.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h22@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by Robbie Rubala

My customers never looked at it until SU started having so many backorder issues.  They got tired of it that they would choose something, it was gone, then I would call for replacement item and sometimes even though it was only hours, the replacement item was gone by the time I went to order it.  Several customers for whom this happened frequently told me they looked on the internet and found Ali Express. They insist the items are the same.   A number of other customers no longer order stamps sets and dies- they say they can’t afford them- but I am suspicious that they either found Ali  express and/or are buying from other companies that they see on you tube etc.   I’m sure the other customers told them about Ali express. My sales dropped 2/3 from beginning of 2018 until 2020  They are bouncing back a little in spite of no in-person classes.

It is hard to believe It’s cheaper to have dies made in China when they have all these back orders causing all kinds of extra work and expense such as air freighting items and shipping to demo or customer. I hope they are working on that.  So many of the smaller companies make theirs in the US.  Personally I’m doing my best to not buy things made in China 
Phyllis Strickland

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54180h14@.nabble> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Robbie Rubala

Reply | Threaded
|

Nancy Sutton

Here Here Phyllis!!  I am Canadian and I am only buying North American.  I even send emails to Amazon companies to make sure they are not CHINA as they do try to hide behind North American company names etc.  I think we should start building our countries back up the way they were with factories and farms and industry on our own soils.  End of rant just had to say!

On Jun 28, 2020, at 11:59 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54195h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

My customers never looked at it until SU started having so many backorder issues.  They got tired of it that they would choose something, it was gone, then I would call for replacement item and sometimes even though it was only hours, the replacement item was gone by the time I went to order it.  Several customers for whom this happened frequently told me they looked on the internet and found Ali Express. They insist the items are the same.   A number of other customers no longer order stamps sets and dies- they say they can’t afford them- but I am suspicious that they either found Ali  express and/or are buying from other companies that they see on you tube etc.   I’m sure the other customers told them about Ali express. My sales dropped 2/3 from beginning of 2018 until 2020  They are bouncing back a little in spite of no in-person classes.

It is hard to believe It’s cheaper to have dies made in China when they have all these back orders causing all kinds of extra work and expense such as air freighting items and shipping to demo or customer. I hope they are working on that.  So many of the smaller companies make theirs in the US.  Personally I’m doing my best to not buy things made in China 
Phyllis Strickland

On Jun 27, 2020, at 5:34 PM, SUDSOL [Robbie Rubala] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54180h14@.nabble> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54195.html

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

Two things: first per SU

You can help us combat counterfeiting you see by sending an email to Infringements@stampinup.com with the following information:

• A link to the webpage where counterfeit products are shown or listed (direct links are preferred over screenshots)
  • Name of the stamp set/product (if known)
  • Any other relevant details
Second, quit searching Ali ect. for SU products.  The more we search for them there, the more they come up in general searches because the search engines see them as a good source.

Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54196h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express

Here Here Phyllis!!  I am Canadian and I am only buying North American.  I even send emails to Amazon companies to make sure they are not CHINA as they do try to hide behind North American company names etc.  I think we should start building our countries back up the way they were with factories and farms and industry on our own soils.  End of rant just had to say!

On Jun 28, 2020, at 11:59 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54195h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

My customers never looked at it until SU started having so many backorder issues.  They got tired of it that they would choose something, it was gone, then I would call for replacement item and sometimes even though it was only hours, the replacement item was gone by the time I went to order it.  Several customers for whom this happened frequently told me they looked on the internet and found Ali Express. They insist the items are the same.   A number of other customers no longer order stamps sets and dies- they say they can’t afford them- but I am suspicious that they either found Ali  express and/or are buying from other companies that they see on you tube etc.   I’m sure the other customers told them about Ali express. My sales dropped 2/3 from beginning of 2018 until 2020  They are bouncing back a little in spite of no in-person classes.

It is hard to believe It’s cheaper to have dies made in China when they have all these back orders causing all kinds of extra work and expense such as air freighting items and shipping to demo or customer. I hope they are working on that.  So many of the smaller companies make theirs in the US.  Personally I’m doing my best to not buy things made in China 
Phyllis Strickland

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54195.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%2Bs1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54196.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h85@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Brenda Crawshaw

Better yet, report them to Google. Google WILL eventually suspend their advertising.

https://support.google.com/legal/contact/TM_CF_Shopping?product=productsearch

From: "SUDSOL [Sara Levin] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n54201h1@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <bhc62@>
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 2:24:26 PM

TheArtfulInker@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: TheArtfulInker@

Two things: first per SU

You can help us combat counterfeiting you see by sending an email to Infringements@ with the following information:

• A link to the webpage where counterfeit products are shown or listed (direct links are preferred over screenshots)
  • Name of the stamp set/product (if known)
  • Any other relevant details
Second, quit searching Ali ect. for SU products. The more we search for them there, the more they come up in general searches because the search engines see them as a good source.

Sara Levin

Get the Stamping Sunday Tutorial Bundle FREE with $40 purchase or purchase it HERE

Get the Stampin' Glam Squad Tutorial Bundle FREE with a $50 purchase in my store
or purchase it HERE
theartfulinker@ (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
(blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:11 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54196h68@.nabble> wrote:
sergeantmajor0313@?subject=Re:+SU!:+China+&+Ali+Express

Here Here Phyllis!! I am Canadian and I am only buying North American. I even send emails to Amazon companies to make sure they are not CHINA as they do try to hide behind North American company names etc. I think we should start building our countries back up the way they were with factories and farms and industry on our own soils. End of rant just had to say!

On Jun 28, 2020, at 11:59 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54195h98@.nabble> wrote:

pstrickland@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

My customers never looked at it until SU started having so many backorder issues. They got tired of it that they would choose something, it was gone, then I would call for replacement item and sometimes even though it was only hours, the replacement item was gone by the time I went to order it. Several customers for whom this happened frequently told me they looked on the internet and found Ali Express. They insist the items are the same. A number of other customers no longer order stamps sets and dies- they say they can’t afford them- but I am suspicious that they either found Ali express and/or are buying from other companies that they see on you tube etc. I’m sure the other customers told them about Ali express. My sales dropped 2/3 from beginning of 2018 until 2020 They are bouncing back a little in spite of no in-person classes.

It is hard to believe It’s cheaper to have dies made in China when they have all these back orders causing all kinds of extra work and expense such as air freighting items and shipping to demo or customer. I hope they are working on that. So many of the smaller companies make theirs in the US. Personally I’m doing my best to not buy things made in China
Phyllis Strickland

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54179h47@.nabble> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml%2Bs1100894n3h46@.nabble

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54196.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h85@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sara Levin, please change the email address to: TheArtfulInker@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/China-Ali-Express-tp54179p54201.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h63@.nabble

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@TheCrawshawGroup.com 508-628-9765
Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer
In reply to this post by Nancy Sutton

Nancy, I agree with you 100% and more!  I have seriously thought of dropping out of SU after 20 years due to this.  I am sick of the back orders and orders cut off in new catalogs.   Hopefully with this mess, SU will start looking for  US resources for materials.
On 06/28/2020 12:10 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54196h90@.nabble> wrote:

Here Here Phyllis!!  I am Canadian and I am only buying North American.  I even send emails to Amazon companies to make sure they are not CHINA as they do try to hide behind North American company names etc.  I think we should start building our countries back up the way they were with factories and farms and industry on our own soils.  End of rant just had to say!

On Jun 28, 2020, at 11:59 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n54195h98@.nabble> wrote:
pstrickland@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20China%20&%20Ali%20Express
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@

Phyllis Strickland

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n54179h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Robbie Rubala

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h46@.nabble

Nancy Sutton
Kingston, Ontario

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Brenda Crawshaw
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland

Phyllis - have you shared this with SU!? That's a piece I think they really need to hear!

From: "SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n54195h15@.nabble>
To: "SUDSOL Group" <bhc62@>
Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2020 11:59:13 AM

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re: SU!: China & Ali Express

Phyllis Strickland

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 4:14 PM SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n54179h47@.nabble> wrote:

Disgruntled & Concerned
Nancy Sutton

Robbie Rubala

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h63@.nabble

Brenda Crawshaw Blog: http://www.TheCrawshawGroup.com Website: http://www.brendacrawshaw.stampinup.net Contact me! Bhc62@rcn.com or Brenda@TheCrawshawGroup.com 508-628-9765