Check This Out! Update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Check This Out! Update

grantj

At least one UPS driver has redeemed his company!

As we were coming home last night, the UPS driver was leaving our neighbor’s house. My husband slowed the car, and I told the driver: “See you Monday, my package that was supposed to be delivered today now is scheduled for Monday.” He said “that happens all the time.” Here’s a bit of our conversation re-enacted.

Me: What’s up with that?

Him: It’s those kids! They are always talking. There’s a code on every box about which truck it goes into. And they’re over here talking to the other kid way over there and not paying attention to what they’re supposed to do and they walk it into the wrong truck.

To shorten this re-enactment. Turns out he is from Decatur, Illinois (Judi Carpenter) and was supposed to be on vacation this week. The District manager called him and asked if he would help out in my town (45 minutes from his home) and he said yes since he can’t go anywhere anyway. He said he has no idea where things are, or where he’s going, but he’s helping out because they are short.  I told him it was my Stampin’ Up! order which I had planned to work with this weekend , but I have enough stuff to keep me busy. He said he was glad I had enough to keep me busy because otherwise he’d have to go to Kansas City to get my box and he doesn’t know his way around there, either but he’d find it.

I just thought that was very sweet. Should’ve gotten his name to send him a card . .

Janice H. Grant

2136 Lindsay Road

Springfield, IL 62704

(217) 415-1860

Virus-free. www.avg.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Check This Out! Update

Judi Carpenter

That's funny, but sad.  Too bad workers are distracted.  I think that's a common thing right now.  I'm even feeling a little distracted myself.

Just wanted to comment on the driver who turned out to be from my town, Decatur, Ilinois.  I've had some of the most pleasant delivery people bring my Stampin' Up! packages.  I try to get to the front porch in time to holler "Thank You!" before they can hop back in the brown truck.  I think I'm really lucky to live here in Decatur!

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL
SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator
Haf2Stamp Team Leader
717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526
217-875-0092    jcarpy02@aol.com (zero by 2)

In a message dated 8/1/2020 11:09:48 AM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n54749h16@.nabble writes:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Check This Out! Update
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

As we were coming home last night, the UPS driver was leaving our neighbor’s house. My husband slowed the car, and I told the driver: “See you Monday, my package that was supposed to be delivered today now is scheduled for Monday.” He said “that happens all the time.” Here’s a bit of our conversation re-enacted.

Him: It’s those kids! They are always talking. There’s a code on every box about which truck it goes into. And they’re over here talking to the other kid way over there and not paying attention to what they’re supposed to do and they walk it into the wrong truck.

To shorten this re-enactment. Turns out he is from Decatur, Illinois (Judi Carpenter) and was supposed to be on vacation this week. The District manager called him and asked if he would help out in my town (45 minutes from his home) and he said yes since he can’t go anywhere anyway. He said he has no idea where things are, or where he’s going, but he’s helping out because they are short.  I told him it was my Stampin’ Up! order which I had planned to work with this weekend , but I have enough stuff to keep me busy. He said he was glad I had enough to keep me busy because otherwise he’d have to go to Kansas City to get my box and he doesn’t know his way around there, either but he’d find it.

I just thought that was very sweet. Should’ve gotten his name to send him a card . .

Janice H. Grant

2136 Lindsay Road

Springfield, IL 62704

(217) 415-1860

Virus-free. www.avg.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Check-This-Out-Update-tp54749.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Check This Out! Update

donnab07

My UPS driver is awesome as well.  We are on a first-name basis.  He remembers to deliver our heavy bags of prescription dog food to our front door instead of to my studio, and always has a pleasant attitude.  I know I won’t have him forever because my house is on a training route – then I will have to “train” someone else.  I should also mention that our UPS Depot is just awesome – the people there are very helpful, and go out of their way to accommodate me having to pick up packages in the winter when the driver cannot make it up our road.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n54756h78@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n54756h78@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020 1:10 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Check This Out! Update

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Check%20This%20Out!%20Update

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@

That's funny, but sad.  Too bad workers are distracted.  I think that's a common thing right now.  I'm even feeling a little distracted myself.

Just wanted to comment on the driver who turned out to be from my town, Decatur, Ilinois.  I've had some of the most pleasant delivery people bring my Stampin' Up! packages.  I try to get to the front porch in time to holler "Thank You!" before they can hop back in the brown truck.  I think I'm really lucky to live here in Decatur!

Judi

Judi Carpenter, Decatur, IL

SUDSOL Gallery Coordinator

Haf2Stamp Team Leader

717 Crestline Drive, Decatur, IL 62526

217-875-0092    jcarpy02@ (zero by 2)

In a message dated 8/1/2020 11:09:48 AM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n54749h16@.nabble writes:

revjanstamps@?subject=Check This Out! Update

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

Janice H. Grant

2136 Lindsay Road

Springfield, IL 62704

(217) 415-1860

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Check-This-Out-Update-tp54749.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h90@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Check-This-Out-Update-tp54749p54756.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.