classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Cards at Craft Fairs

Charlotte Lindmeier

Our question this week is:
How many cards do you take with you for craft fairs?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs

Carol Jones

I have mine in photo boxes marked for the occasion. Sell them $3 or 2 for$5. I always take birthday cards and this time of year Christmas cards, a few thanksgiving cards.

Carol.    Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 24, 2018, at 10:33 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44917h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

shelly peck
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

As many as I can. I usually have around 200 cards. Most are from full card swaps that I do. The cards are made with retired products, so I do not use them as samples any more. I likethe full card swaps because all I have to do when they are retired is put angel stamp on them. Put in cello bag with envelope and they are ready to go. Depending on event I can sell 10 to 100 cards.

Shelly Peck
Independent Stampin'Up! Demonstrator
(909) 520-7244
email: juststampit4fun@gmail.com

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 8:33 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n44917h72@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Cards+at+Craft+Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h38@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Judi Carpenter

I take a bunch of cards, probably over 50, when I do craft fairs.  I don't sell many, but since I started selling them for $3 per card or buy 5 and get 1 free, I've done better.  This was after trying to sell my cards for $2 each and selling almost none.  People expect something worth something to cost more than something with little value.  Raising my price was the one of the smartest decisions I've made.

Judi Carpenter

In a message dated 10/24/2018 10:33:11 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n44917h24@.nabble writes:

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

davism

200-250.  Mine are in assortment of birthday cards, thinking of you, get well cards, sympathy cards, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.  My cards are from swaps that I have received and also I use a lot of retired card stock, retired stamps, ribbon and embellishments. 

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 1:07 AM SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n44921h31@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Cards+at+Craft+Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@aol.com

I take a bunch of cards, probably over 50, when I do craft fairs.  I don't sell many, but since I started selling them for $3 per card or buy 5 and get 1 free, I've done better.  This was after trying to sell my cards for $2 each and selling almost none.  People expect something worth something to cost more than something with little value.  Raising my price was the one of the smartest decisions I've made.

Judi Carpenter

In a message dated 10/24/2018 10:33:11 PM Central Standard Time, ml+s1100894n44917h24@.nabble writes:

clindmeier@...?subject=Cards at Craft Fairs

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h90@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44921.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h73@n7.nabble.com
Mary Davis, senior supervisor
Stampin' in the Finger Lakes
2011 featured sewer at Convention
mdavis74@rochester.rr.com
Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren

I try to take 200+ .  A variety of Birthday  Thinking of You, Sympathy, Congratulations, Christmas and Fall.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n44917h56@.nabble>
Date: 10/24/18 11:33 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <grammyKaren51@>
Subject: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h22@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Judi Carpenter

I keep my cards in four of the Photo Storage Boxes that were referenced earlier in the thread. How many I take with me depends on: the season; how many other projects I’ve been able to make; and the amount of space being provided. I have customers who always look for me because most of my cards are are one-of-a-kind, created from bits and pieces I come across at the time. I sell most of them for $4.00 each OR $20.00 for 5. There are some that are $5.00 and up, but not many.

Regarding Judi’s comment about doing better with her card sales once she raised her price... I’ve been doing craft fairs since the 80s. Even at that time crafters tended to undervalue their work. The advice was, and continues to be, if your product isn’t selling then raise your price. It works! When you value yourself and your work then so will others.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Oct 25, 2018, at 3:07 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44921h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jcarpy02@aol.com

Judi Carpenter

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Judi Carpenter, please change the email address to: jcarpy02@aol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44921.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Dredge

Since I do most craft fairs as a card maker, half my table is cards.  I take a large number, but have never counted.  I have two table top racks - one is devoted to birthday and the other is for seasonal cards.  Each has 12 slots.  I also have little baskets for other cards like Baby, Wedding, Thank You. 

Mary

From: ml+s1100894n44917h5@.nabble <ml+s1100894n44917h5@.nabble> on behalf of SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44917h5@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 11:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h71@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cards at Craft Fairs

Cathy Hansen
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

Yup . . . I always bring lots of cards to my sales -- never actually counted how many.  For one-day sales, I take my two table-top card displays (24 pockets each); for two-day sales where I don't have to tear down in the evening, I use my floor display (72 pockets).  I display my cards by category and since most of my sales take place after Thanksgiving, I bring lots of Christmas cards.  Other popular categories are birthday, masculine, and these days sympathy (we're all aging, after all).  Another popular category is "thinking of you" or blank cards since they can be used for pretty much any occasion.

My cards consist of swap cards, rehabbed swap cards (as you know some of the cards we receive in a swap aren't necessarily up to the standards that we would make to sell), reconstructed card front swaps, and leftovers from my stamp camps and classes (I always make up the extra kits for this purpose).

I also keep my floor display set up in my craft room all the time for people who attend my classes.  I price the cards at $3 for people who attend my classes, but for craft sales I've started pricing them at $4, based on what my Stampin' Up! demo buddies are charging for theirs.  I also have a basket of cards near my card displays (generally older cards that I've been carrying along for a while) packaged two-per-package -- customers may select a free packet of these cards with a minimum $10 purchase from my table.

Cathy Hansen
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
cihansen04@hotmail.com
http://cathyscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Cards at Craft Fairs

Char Stiehl

In my area cards do not sell as well as they have in the past.  I will be in 2 craft fairs between now and mid-

December.  I have made a lot of special fold cards and a few special Christmas cards.  Also a number of framed art pieces and candy treat boxes. 

Char Stiehl

From: ml+s1100894n44917h45@.nabble <ml+s1100894n44917h45@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2018 8:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <chars@>

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Cards%20at%20Craft%20Fairs

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h11@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Could I ask a question of those who sell cards?  Do you put a message inside or leave them blank?

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 25, 2018, at 9:16 AM, SUDSOL [Char Stiehl] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44930h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

chars@cox.net?subject=RE: Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@cox.net

In my area cards do not sell as well as they have in the past.  I will be in 2 craft fairs between now and mid-

December.  I have made a lot of special fold cards and a few special Christmas cards.  Also a number of framed art pieces and candy treat boxes. 

Char Stiehl

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44930.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs

donnab07

I leave most of them blank.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n44931h3@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44931h3@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 6:45 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Cards%20at%20Craft%20Fairs

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

Could I ask a question of those who sell cards?  Do you put a message inside or leave them blank?

Jeanne Moss

jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 25, 2018, at 9:16 AM, SUDSOL [Char Stiehl] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44930h71@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@cox.net

Char Stiehl

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44930.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44931.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Jeanne Moss

I leave the majority of my cards blank, but do have some with sayings inside. I’ve started carrying an assortment of sayings to my events so buyers can stamp their own inside sayings.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Oct 25, 2018, at 11:45 PM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44931h93@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

stampingal@live.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@live.com

Char Stiehl

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jeanne Moss, please change the email address to: stampingal@live.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44931.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Hansen

Depends on the type of card.  If it’s birthday or other obvious special occasion, I usually will find a sentiment for the inside.  If it’s all-occasion, or thanks, or thinking of you, I just stamp a coordinating design on the inside.  (I’m a big fan of handwritten notes for those types of cards ....)

Cathy Hansen

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 25, 2018, at 7:45 AM, SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44931h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Char Stiehl

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Cards at Craft Fairs, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Maria Pobre

Correction to my post:
$20 for 6! The same as Judi’s “buy 5, get 1 free”.
Sorry for the confusion.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Oct 25, 2018, at 8:25 PM, SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44924h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Stampinmia@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Stampinmia@gmail.com

I keep my cards in four of the Photo Storage Boxes that were referenced earlier in the thread. How many I take with me depends on: the season; how many other projects I’ve been able to make; and the amount of space being provided. I have customers who always look for me because most of my cards are are one-of-a-kind, created from bits and pieces I come across at the time. I sell most of them for $4.00 each OR $20.00 for 5. There are some that are $5.00 and up, but not many.

Regarding Judi’s comment about doing better with her card sales once she raised her price... I’ve been doing craft fairs since the 80s. Even at that time crafters tended to undervalue their work. The advice was, and continues to be, if your product isn’t selling then raise your price. It works! When you value yourself and your work then so will others.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Oct 25, 2018, at 3:07 PM, SUDSOL [Judi Carpenter] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44921h83@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

jcarpy02@aol.com?subject=Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs

Judi Carpenter

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: Stampinmia@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44924.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Cards at Craft Fairs

Keoughd
Charlotte Lindmeier wrote

I take very few ingle cards to craft fairs as I find people don't want to spend the time to look at cards. I usually make up packets of card and suggest the packet as a gift item. Usually 6 cards, some birthday, etc. I leave out one sample of each.
However, I have a downline ho sells lots of cards and does many craft fairs. She spreads the cards out so that people can see each individual card. I think that helps!
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Cards at Craft Fairs

donnab07

I usually take about 100-150 cards.  I have a tabletop card holder that turns, and I try to organize my cards by occasion.  I sell my cards for $3, or six for $15.  I make my own, either from current product, or alter card fronts I have received from swaps.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n44917h69@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44917h69@.nabble]

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

Reply | Threaded
|

Beth Schreiber

I take different amounts depending on when the fair is. Fall/winter I take more since I offer singles as well as groups of like cards boxes (ie snowmen, trees, snowflakes, etc)
I use a small tabletop spinning stand for individual cards if I only have table space. If I have floor space I use a floor stand. Card sales are very inconsistent. Lots of interest always, but sales vary.

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 25, 2018, at 10:29 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44938h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I usually take about 100-150 cards.  I have a tabletop card holder that turns, and I try to organize my cards by occasion.  I sell my cards for $3, or six for $15.  I make my own, either from current product, or alter card fronts I have received from swaps.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n44917h69@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n44917h69@.nabble]

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Cards-at-Craft-Fairs-tp44917p44938.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h68@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

GrammyKaren

I leave them blank except for maybe a flower, leaf or something small in bottom corner.  

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Jeanne Moss] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n44931h90@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <grammyKaren51@>
Sent: Thu, Oct 25, 2018 9:45 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Cards at Craft Fairs

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampingal@

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 25, 2018, at 9:16 AM, SUDSOL [Char Stiehl] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n44930h71@.nabble > wrote:

chars@?subject=RE: Cards at Craft Fairs
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: chars@

Char Stiehl
From: ml+s1100894n44917h45@.nabble < ml+s1100894n44917h45@.nabble >
To: SUDSOL Group < chars@ >

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Char Stiehl, please change the email address to: chars@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h34@.nabble

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h22@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Mary Costello

I am just preparing for my first craft fair ever. I will have about 500 single cards, packets of 4 Thank you cards or Thinking of you cards, post it note calendars, post it note holders with mini pens and covered mini composition books with mini pencils,  3x5 clipboards with note pad and wine bottle tags. Hopefully lots will sell. My husband made some great peg board displays for me.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018, 10:33 PM SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n44917h48@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Cards+at+Craft+Fairs

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h14@n7.nabble.com