classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

COST of mailing out new catalog

Lois Folla

Hi Stampers!

I had some new stampers I needed to mail a catalog out to, it cost me $6.95! What did I do wrong????  That is crazy!!!

I have two more I need to mail out and I am cringe at the cost! One lady may place two orders but still I need to send it to her. She called asking for it.

Thank you very much!

Lois

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Paper Craft Classes/Clubs/Parties & More Available 

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events:  www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net 

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Love It. Live It. Share It 

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog

Angie Brailsford

That's the price I've found, too :(

Always looking forward to a stampin’ good time!

Angie Brailsford 
Please "like" The Rubber Stampede on Facebook
n2ink.stampinup.net  <-- event calendar/webstore
n2ink2@gmail.com
Let me be your CARDiologist    

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:51 AM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n48427h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
lois@stampinpress.com?subject=COST+of+mailing+out+new+catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hi Stampers!

I had some new stampers I needed to mail a catalog out to, it cost me $6.95! What did I do wrong????  That is crazy!!!

I have two more I need to mail out and I am cringe at the cost! One lady may place two orders but still I need to send it to her. She called asking for it.

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Always looking forward to a stampin’ good time! Angie Brailsford n2ink.stampinup.net n2ink2@gmail.com Let me be your CARDiologist ♥
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog

Cathy Hansen

I always take my catalogs to the post office to have them affix the postage.  I always tell them exactly what’s in the envelope, and they always charge me the media mail rate – currently $3.27 per catalog.

I noticed that someone commented several days ago that these shouldn’t be able to mail with the media rate because it’s a catalog that sells merchandise, but my post office seems to have no problem with that.

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

From: ml+s1100894n48428h71@.nabble <ml+s1100894n48428h71@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:54 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <cihansen04@>
Subject: Re: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog

n2ink2@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20COST%20of%20mailing%20out%20new%20catalog

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: n2ink2@gmail.com

Angie Brailsford

n2ink.stampinup.net <-- event calendar/webstore
n2ink2@gmail.com

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:51 AM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n48427h53@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hi Stampers!

I had some new stampers I needed to mail a catalog out to, it cost me $6.95! What did I do wrong???? That is crazy!!!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events: www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

My Blog: www.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427.html

Always looking forward to a stampin’ good time! Angie Brailsford n2ink.stampinup.net n2ink2@gmail.com Let me be your CARDiologist

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Angie Brailsford, please change the email address to: n2ink2@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48428.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h96@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

donnab07

Cathy, you are lucky.  My post office won’t do that.  In fact, they warn me that post office employees may open my package to see if it really qualifies for media mail.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 8:03 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20COST%20of%20mailing%20out%20new%20catalog

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

I always take my catalogs to the post office to have them affix the postage.  I always tell them exactly what’s in the envelope, and they always charge me the media mail rate – currently $3.27 per catalog.

I noticed that someone commented several days ago that these shouldn’t be able to mail with the media rate because it’s a catalog that sells merchandise, but my post office seems to have no problem with that.

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: n2ink2@gmail.com

Angie Brailsford

n2ink2@gmail.com

Hi Stampers!

I had some new stampers I needed to mail a catalog out to, it cost me $6.95! What did I do wrong???? That is crazy!!!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

Pinterest

Facebook

Always looking forward to a stampin’ good time! Angie Brailsford n2ink.stampinup.net n2ink2@gmail.com Let me be your CARDiologist

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Angie Brailsford, please change the email address to: n2ink2@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48428.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48429.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h35@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Holly Krautkremer
In reply to this post by Lois Folla

Unfortunately that is correct you didn’t do anything wrong. We have several businesses and postage has gotten ridiculous. 

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:51 AM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n48427h30@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h86@n7.nabble.com
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and Creative Coach
Holly Krautkremer
My Blog http://rubberredneck.typepad.com
Shop with me! ShopRubberRedneck.com
Join My Team HERE
My Etsy Store HERE
The Rubber Redneck STAMPede On-line Class Visit HERE!
Reply | Threaded
|

Lois Folla
In reply to this post by Cathy Hansen

Ah, I have done it Media Mail and I forgot to. Thanks.

It’s a Idea book too and even books have ‘sales advertizements on the back pages of what they have already written for purchase!!!! 

Thank you!

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

From: ml+s1100894n48429h15@.nabble <ml+s1100894n48429h15@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:03 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>

cihansen04@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20COST%20of%20mailing%20out%20new%20catalog

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cihansen04@hotmail.com

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Angie Brailsford

n2ink2@gmail.com

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

Pinterest

Facebook

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cathy Hansen, please change the email address to: cihansen04@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48429.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by donnab07

My Post Office says no to the catalog at media mail rate, too, with the very same message Donna relayed. Here's the USPS text:

Mailers use USPS Marketing Mail to send:
  • Printed matter, flyers, circulars, advertising. 
  • Newsletters, bulletins, and catalogs. 
  • Small parcels.

All USPS Marketing Mail prices are bulk prices, and each mailing must meet a minimum quantity of 200 pieces or 50 pounds of mail

So First Class Mail (Priority) it is.

Robin

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 6, 2019, at 05:25, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48430h99@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

Cathy, you are lucky. My post office won’t do that. In fact, they warn me that post office employees may open my package to see if it really qualifies for media mail.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble]

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

Angie Brailsford

n2ink2@gmail.com

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

Pinterest

Facebook

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48430.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Phyllis Strickland
In reply to this post by donnab07

That’s what I’ve been told. Then you lose the postage and have to remain it. They don’t give credit for what you already paid

Phyllis Strickland

On Jun 6, 2019, at 11:25 AM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48430h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Cathy, you are lucky. My post office won’t do that. In fact, they warn me that post office employees may open my package to see if it really qualifies for media mail.

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

From: ml+s1100894n48428h71@.nabble <ml+s1100894n48428h71@.nabble

Angie Brailsford

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: COST of mailing out new catalog

Elaine Lampropolos

Hi stampers,

I usually use customer manager to send out my catalogs.  Last year, I forgot and took my catalogs to the Post Office to find out it would cost me $6.95 per catalog.  I was told because the catalog has pricing information and it goes under a different category to mail to my customers. Hope this helps all of you who encountered this problem.

Elaine Lampropolos

Lakewood, NY

From: ml+s1100894n48427h22@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n48427h22@.nabble]
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2019 10:51 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=COST%20of%20mailing%20out%20new%20catalog

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h78@.nabble

Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Bobb
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

I just mailed one the other day and it was $7.85 - they said it was the same price with or without priority due to the weight.  UGH!
Linda

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48439h92@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <lb1227@>
Sent: Thu, Jun 6, 2019 1:01 pm

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Re: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@

My Post Office says no to the catalog at media mail rate, too, with the very same message Donna relayed. Here's the USPS text:

Mailers use USPS Marketing Mail to send:
  • Printed matter, flyers, circulars, advertising. 
  • Newsletters, bulletins, and catalogs. 
  • Small parcels.

All USPS Marketing Mail prices are bulk prices, and each mailing must meet a minimum quantity of 200 pieces or 50 pounds of mail

So First Class Mail (Priority) it is.

Robin

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 6, 2019, at 05:25, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n48430h99@.nabble > wrote:

donna@?subject=RE: SU!: COST of mailing out new catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble [mailto: ml+s1100894n48429h41@.nabble ]
To: SUDSOL Group < donna@ >

Cathy Hansen

Denver, CO

From: ml+s1100894n48428h71@.nabble < ml+s1100894n48428h71@.nabble >

Angie Brailsford

n2ink2@gmail.com

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 9:51 AM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n48427h53@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime

Stay Connected:

Pinterest

Facebook

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48430.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@.nabble
Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48439.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Linda Moore

It cost me $7.35 to send one catalog out.  Thought it would be cheaper with it being smaller. Lesson learned - will use mail selector next time and send my customers their special items in the mail.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n48427h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h5@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Nancy Sutton

I have found this to be a huge problem in Canada.  I have Stampin’ Up’ send out the ones that I have to actually mail (about 15).  The rest, my husband and I have made a route for about 50 catties and we spend one day delivering them all.  I get to chat and touch base with most of my customers and it only costs about $65.00 in gas.  The best part is hubby and I get to spend the whole day together!!

Nancy Sutton

On Jun 6, 2019, at 4:00 PM, SUDSOL [Linda Moore] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n48443h86@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

moorefunstamping@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20COST%20of%20mailing%20out%20new%20catalog
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: moorefunstamping@gmail.com

It cost me $7.35 to send one catalog out. Thought it would be cheaper with it being smaller. Lesson learned - will use mail selector next time and send my customers their special items in the mail.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2019 at 10:51 AM SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n48427h49@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Hi Stampers!

Thank you very much!

Lois

Calendar of Events: www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net

Shop Online Anytime 

Stay Connected:

My Blog: www.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h5@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

-- 

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Linda Moore, please change the email address to: moorefunstamping@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/COST-of-mailing-out-new-catalog-tp48427p48443.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h46@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!