Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Samantha Ovitt
Hi everyone,
  I rarely write as I'm quite passive when it comes to knowledge on the use and creativity of Stampin Up products.  I've been a demonstrator for 5 1/2 years and this past year have pretty much maintained my active status by purchasing products myself.  I just can not figure out how to get a class or workshop together no matter what I try!  I went on and placed a $100 order yesterday - it was all I could do at this time.  That means I have 3 weeks to come up with another $200 in sales! :(  I was considering selling some card kits on ebay to circulate some money to place an order so I decided to browse the sight - I was so darn mad to see that someone is selling the butterfly framelits for almost $60 when I was not able to purchase them as a demonstrator!  Thinks like this make me ready to throw in the towel!!  Feeling so discourage in my northern little corner of Vermont!!
Samantha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Charlotte Lindmeier
Don't give up.  I started as a hobby  demonstrator and then when I decided I wanted to step it up I had a hard time also.  I started making cards and giving them away.  When people commented on them I would casually mention they could make them also.  I mentioned I taught classes.  The first class I do is free and it just teaches them the basics. (Cutting, scoring, matting etc. and they make a card) I ask them if they are interested in taking classes at the end of that class.  If they are I tell them when the class meets and how much it is.  After that I send them the same e-mail I send my class attendees.  It takes a while to get going but it is a lot of fun.  
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Antinonem

My classes grew after I did a simple card classes at the Senior center.  Many wanted to learn to do more and they joined my regular classes. Others bought product.
Micki


-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18344h66@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <mickiant@>
Sent: Sun, Mar 8, 2015 10:53 am
Subject: Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Re: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Don't give up.  I started as a hobby  demonstrator and then when I decided I wanted to step it up I had a hard time also.  I started making cards and giving them away.  When people commented on them I would casually mention they could make them also.  I mentioned I taught classes.  The first class I do is free and it just teaches them the basics. (Cutting, scoring, matting etc. and they make a card) I ask them if they are interested in taking classes at the end of that class.  If they are I tell them when the class meets and how much it is.  After that I send them the same e-mail I send my class attendees.  It takes a while to get going but it is a lot of fun.  
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week


If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18344.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h95@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Kelly Gracy
In reply to this post by Samantha Ovitt
Samantha Ovitt wrote
Hi everyone,
  I rarely write as I'm quite passive when it comes to knowledge on the use and creativity of Stampin Up products.  I've been a demonstrator for 5 1/2 years and this past year have pretty much maintained my active status by purchasing products myself.  I just can not figure out how to get a class or workshop together no matter what I try!  I went on and placed a $100 order yesterday - it was all I could do at this time.  That means I have 3 weeks to come up with another $200 in sales! :(  I was considering selling some card kits on ebay to circulate some money to place an order so I decided to browse the sight - I was so darn mad to see that someone is selling the butterfly framelits for almost $60 when I was not able to purchase them as a demonstrator!  Thinks like this make me ready to throw in the towel!!  Feeling so discourage in my northern little corner of Vermont!!
Samantha
I know what you mean.  The eBay thing is getting to me too. There are way too many SAB sets on sale on eBay too.  And if you look closely specific people have sold of multiple sets.  How are they getting 20+ of each SAB sets is my question.  

Making quick money - I shamelessly sell my cards.  I make card sets (birthday sets sell well) and Mother's Day is coming up  - make those cards and sell them.  No one can resist a handmade card for mom! I send cards with anyone who works in a big office.  They put a basket with the price at or near their desk and they sell pretty quickly.  Pretty things in a gray office are a great distraction for stressed out people.  I also take them with me when I pick up my son after school or at sports stuff.  Bored people loved to buy things : )  

eBay is also great.  Sell retired supplies that you won't use - bag em up and get them out.  Every little bit adds up.  You will have $200 in no time!

I try not to get discouraged by either the bad behavior of others or the tide that sometimes seems to wash out my efforts.  I am in charge of myself and my business. I can shift my attention to something that will solve the bigger problem. Focus on selling the monthly paper pumpkin kits.  I think 7 subscriptions will get you your quarterly minimum of sales each quarter going forward.  (you will need to check on that but I am pretty sure I am close to right).  You would be good to go and whatever you sell on top of that is gravy.  

Don't give up.  You can do this!



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Nancy Sutton

I was on Ebay the other day and I experienced the same thing.  There are so many of the current product up for sale on there you would think it was the Occasion Catalogue.  I was very disgusted as well.  There should be a regulation about this in the Demonstrator Manual or Stampin Up should have some sort of trade laws to prevent this from happening.  I know this was discussed before but I can't remember the final outcome of the discussion. 

Nancy

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, On
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!

If you no longer want to receive messages from me, simply reply to this email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.








On 2015-03-09, at 12:00 PM, SUDSOL [Kelly Gracy] via Business Talk wrote:

kellygracy@rocketmail.com?subject=Re:%20Butterfly%20Thinlets,%20Struggles%20&%20Frustration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kellygracy@rocketmail.com

Samantha Ovitt wrote
Hi everyone,
  I rarely write as I'm quite passive when it comes to knowledge on the use and creativity of Stampin Up products.  I've been a demonstrator for 5 1/2 years and this past year have pretty much maintained my active status by purchasing products myself.  I just can not figure out how to get a class or workshop together no matter what I try!  I went on and placed a $100 order yesterday - it was all I could do at this time.  That means I have 3 weeks to come up with another $200 in sales! :(  I was considering selling some card kits on ebay to circulate some money to place an order so I decided to browse the sight - I was so darn mad to see that someone is selling the butterfly framelits for almost $60 when I was not able to purchase them as a demonstrator!  Thinks like this make me ready to throw in the towel!!  Feeling so discourage in my northern little corner of Vermont!!
Samantha
I know what you mean.  The eBay thing is getting to me too. There are way too many SAB sets on sale on eBay too.  And if you look closely specific people have sold of multiple sets.  How are they getting 20+ of each SAB sets is my question.  

Making quick money - I shamelessly sell my cards.  I make card sets (birthday sets sell well) and Mother's Day is coming up  - make those cards and sell them.  No one can resist a handmade card for mom! I send cards with anyone who works in a big office.  They put a basket with the price at or near their desk and they sell pretty quickly.  Pretty things in a gray office are a great distraction for stressed out people.  I also take them with me when I pick up my son after school or at sports stuff.  Bored people loved to buy things : )  

eBay is also great.  Sell retired supplies that you won't use - bag em up and get them out.  Every little bit adds up.  You will have $200 in no time!

I try not to get discouraged by either the bad behavior of others or the tide that sometimes seems to wash out my efforts.  I am in charge of myself and my business. I can shift my attention to something that will solve the bigger problem. Focus on selling the monthly paper pumpkin kits.  I think 7 subscriptions will get you your quarterly minimum of sales each quarter going forward.  (you will need to check on that but I am pretty sure I am close to right).  You would be good to go and whatever you sell on top of that is gravy.  

Don't give up.  You can do this!





If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kelly Gracy, please change the email address to: kellygracy@rocketmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18371.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h46@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Barbara Rathmell

Stampin' Up does have a rule in place that Demonstrators can't sell active items on Ebay but it may be customers and not demonstrators selling them.  SU also has people checking for active Demonstrators breaking this rule and will contact them, if the catch them.

Barbara Rathmell
Stampin' Up! Manager
614-316-4258


On Mar 9, 2015, at 3:47 PM, "SUDSOL [Nancy Sutton] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n18376h68@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com


I was on Ebay the other day and I experienced the same thing.  There are so many of the current product up for sale on there you would think it was the Occasion Catalogue.  I was very disgusted as well.  There should be a regulation about this in the Demonstrator Manual or Stampin Up should have some sort of trade laws to prevent this from happening.  I know this was discussed before but I can't remember the final outcome of the discussion. 

Nancy

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, On
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!

If you no longer want to receive messages from me, simply reply to this email with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line.








On 2015-03-09, at 12:00 PM, SUDSOL [Kelly Gracy] via Business Talk wrote:

kellygracy@rocketmail.com?subject=Re:%20Butterfly%20Thinlets,%20Struggles%20&%20Frustration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kellygracy@rocketmail.com

Samantha Ovitt wrote
Hi everyone,
  I rarely write as I'm quite passive when it comes to knowledge on the use and creativity of Stampin Up products.  I've been a demonstrator for 5 1/2 years and this past year have pretty much maintained my active status by purchasing products myself.  I just can not figure out how to get a class or workshop together no matter what I try!  I went on and placed a $100 order yesterday - it was all I could do at this time.  That means I have 3 weeks to come up with another $200 in sales! :(  I was considering selling some card kits on ebay to circulate some money to place an order so I decided to browse the sight - I was so darn mad to see that someone is selling the butterfly framelits for almost $60 when I was not able to purchase them as a demonstrator!  Thinks like this make me ready to throw in the towel!!  Feeling so discourage in my northern little corner of Vermont!!
Samantha
I know what you mean.  The eBay thing is getting to me too. There are way too many SAB sets on sale on eBay too.  And if you look closely specific people have sold of multiple sets.  How are they getting 20+ of each SAB sets is my question.  

Making quick money - I shamelessly sell my cards.  I make card sets (birthday sets sell well) and Mother's Day is coming up  - make those cards and sell them.  No one can resist a handmade card for mom! I send cards with anyone who works in a big office.  They put a basket with the price at or near their desk and they sell pretty quickly.  Pretty things in a gray office are a great distraction for stressed out people.  I also take them with me when I pick up my son after school or at sports stuff.  Bored people loved to buy things : )  

eBay is also great.  Sell retired supplies that you won't use - bag em up and get them out.  Every little bit adds up.  You will have $200 in no time!

I try not to get discouraged by either the bad behavior of others or the tide that sometimes seems to wash out my efforts.  I am in charge of myself and my business. I can shift my attention to something that will solve the bigger problem. Focus on selling the monthly paper pumpkin kits.  I think 7 subscriptions will get you your quarterly minimum of sales each quarter going forward.  (you will need to check on that but I am pretty sure I am close to right).  You would be good to go and whatever you sell on top of that is gravy.  

Don't give up.  You can do this!





If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kelly Gracy, please change the email address to: kellygracy@rocketmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18371.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h46@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!


If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Sutton, please change the email address to: sergeantmajor0313@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18376.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h5@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Kelly Gracy
<quote author="Barbara Rathmell">
Stampin' Up does have a rule in place that Demonstrators can't sell active items on Ebay but it may be customers and not demonstrators selling them.  SU also has people checking for active Demonstrators breaking this rule and will contact them, if the catch them.

Barbara Rathmell
Stampin' Up! Manager
614-316-4258
Stampwithbarbara.stampinup.net

Do they?  If so it does not seem to be a priority on any level.  I would love to see something done to protect the honest demonstrators.  It would be very easy for me to buy a ton of items and hand them over to a friend for eBay sales.  I would not be the actual seller but I would be raking in the cash just the same as well as climbing up the SU! ladder with high sales.  It does happen.  I am watching someone on eBay right now who has to be doing that.

If you know of someone at SU! who specifically deals with demo violations please let me know who they are.  I would love to talk to them.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Ellen

Catching these people is not very easy.  I am not sure there is a
division of SU that does just this, but there has to be a legal
department doing some of it.

Think of it this way. How many people pass you on the high way even
when you are going 5 miles  over the speed limit. You are skirting the
law, but those people pass you are speeding and should be stopped. How
often do you see it? It is the same for SU. they try, but it is hard
to catch them. I believe you can turn in the name of the person on
E-Bay if you can find it or even the link to what they are selling and
SU will try to get to them.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

On 3/9/15, SUDSOL [Kelly Gracy] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n18380h11@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: kellygracy@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
>
> Stampin' Up does have a rule in place that Demonstrators can't sell active
> items on Ebay but it may be customers and not demonstrators selling them.
> SU also has people checking for active Demonstrators breaking this rule and
> will contact them, if the catch them.
>
> Barbara Rathmell
> Stampin' Up! Manager
> 614-316-4258
> Stampwithbarbara.stampinup.net
>
> Do they?  If so it does not seem to be a priority on any level.  I would
> love to see something done to protect the honest demonstrators.  It would
> be
> very easy for me to buy a ton of items and hand them over to a friend for
> eBay sales.  I would not be the actual seller but I would be raking in the
> cash just the same as well as climbing up the SU! ladder with high sales.
> It does happen.  I am watching someone on eBay right now who has to be
> doing
> that.
>
> If you know of someone at SU! who specifically deals with demo violations
> please let me know who they are.  I would love to talk to them.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: kellygracy@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18380.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h24@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Butterfly Thinlets, Struggles & Frustration

Nancy Sutton

This is good to know thank you
Nancy Sutton
nancymariesutton@gmail.com




On 2015-03-09, at 5:19 PM, SUDSOL [Ellen] via Business Talk wrote:

ewilliams9780@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Butterfly%20Thinlets,%20Struggles%20&%20Frustration
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: ewilliams9780@gmail.com


Catching these people is not very easy.  I am not sure there is a
division of SU that does just this, but there has to be a legal
department doing some of it.

Think of it this way. How many people pass you on the high way even
when you are going 5 miles  over the speed limit. You are skirting the
law, but those people pass you are speeding and should be stopped. How
often do you see it? It is the same for SU. they try, but it is hard
to catch them. I believe you can turn in the name of the person on
E-Bay if you can find it or even the link to what they are selling and
SU will try to get to them.

Ellen Williams
Stamping in North Daktoa

On 3/9/15, SUDSOL [Kelly Gracy] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n18380h11@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: kellygracy@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
>
> Stampin' Up does have a rule in place that Demonstrators can't sell active
> items on Ebay but it may be customers and not demonstrators selling them.
> SU also has people checking for active Demonstrators breaking this rule and
> will contact them, if the catch them.
>
> Barbara Rathmell
> Stampin' Up! Manager
> 614-316-4258
> Stampwithbarbara.stampinup.net
>
> Do they?  If so it does not seem to be a priority on any level.  I would
> love to see something done to protect the honest demonstrators.  It would
> be
> very easy for me to buy a ton of items and hand them over to a friend for
> eBay sales.  I would not be the actual seller but I would be raking in the
> cash just the same as well as climbing up the SU! ladder with high sales.
> It does happen.  I am watching someone on eBay right now who has to be
> doing
> that.
>
> If you know of someone at SU! who specifically deals with demo violations
> please let me know who they are.  I would love to talk to them.
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: kellygracy@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18380.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h24@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
> <a href="x-msg://1159/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external">

<a href="x-msg://1159/" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external"> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ellen, please change the email address to: ewilliams9780@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Butterfly-Thinlets-Struggles-Frustration-tp18339p18381.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h46@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Nancy Sutton
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Kingston, Ontario
www.rainbowsandbutterflies.stampinup.net
www.facebook.com/2stamp4you
A good day always includes stamping!!