Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Business Builder Task: Hand Out Your Business Cards

SUDSOL Leadership Board
Administrator

15 Minute Business Builder Task

Hand Out Your Business Cards

Your business card is an important way to help people remember you! Besides its main function (provide contact info) your business card should be a quick representation of what you do in a memorable and creative way. Give a good card and people will be impressed, keep it, and remember you when they need your services. Always take your business cards with you, we never know when we’re going to meet a potential client!

Take 15 minutes today and hand out your business card.

Step out of the box, hand out your cards when you visit the grocery store, leave one with the counter person when you get lunch, how about the person in the cubicle next to yours? How about your kids’ scout leader, PTO chairman, the receptionist at the doctor’s office.

Are you a little shy? Let them know you are working on a challenge to hand out 10 business cards today. People are happy to help – and you never know – that just may lead to your next big party or recruit!

Be sure you are ready to take it a step further with your 30 second commercial!

Business Share

Share your ideas with SUDSOL on where you will be (or have left) your business cards today! Did you step out of your comfort zone? Let us know what worked for you!

Taking Time For Business

Time is a manmade concept. It’s a little hard to swallow sometimes, particularly since everything in our lives seems to revolve around it.

Many times you hear excuses that there just isn’t enough time in the day to build your business.

Each day SUDSOL recommends one 15 minute task to work on to help build your business. These are achievable tasks that you absolutely can do.

Take 15 minutes from your lunch break, after dinner, before heading to work, or some other time that works into your schedule – and tackle just one small task to help build your business!

Contact

Follow Us!

SUDSOL
SLB@sudsol.org

SUDSOL Leadership Board

slb@sudsol.org
Find us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Reply | Threaded
|

Until we meet again

Diane Harman

Dear Stampin’ Up! Friends,

Last November I opened a craft shop where we taught classes in all sorts of crafts. I had contacted SU compliance beforehand and everything was ok, because I wasn’t selling anything retail. We were doing classes in paper-crafting, wreaths, home décor items, furniture painting, and kids crafts.

When the new catalog came out this May , and I wasn’t excited about it, I knew the time had come for me to move on.  There is just so much product out there that I want to play with, use in my crafts, teach with and sell.

So I decided to expand my shop into retail of paper-crafting supplies.  It’s been fun watching all of the new materials arriving in the shop, but a bit nerve wracking with all of the $$ in inventory.  That is a big difference from SU! It is an exciting time for me and all of my paper crafting friends in the Louisville area!

I am going to the CHA show in Shaumburg, IL on Monday, and excited to meet some of the crafting industry’s “legends”!

But before I hit the road to meet them, I want to say thanks to the legions of legends at SU that I met in my 13-1/2 years here. I joined sudsol one month after I became a demonstrator. My upline moved shortly after I signed up, and I met many wonderful ladies at my first leadership in SLC in January of 2003! I remember standing in that room, not seeing anyone I knew. Then Jan L. walked up to me and asked if I would like to sit with her and her group. I met Annette and another lady from Kansas What sweet ladies and life savers that day to me.

I have enjoyed meeting so many of you at conventions over the years, and learning so much here on sudsol the past 13 years. I know that if I sat down and started to name everyone, I would forget many, and leave hurt feelings. But whether it was sharing a meal at convention, swapping a card, chatting while in line, or emailing here on sudsol, I have truly treasured all of the moments and memories of sudsol and Stampin’ Up!

But I could not leave here without mentioning one of my favorites, my twin sister, Coleen. Most of you probably didn’t know that we are twins, but Coleen is 3 hours older than me. I’m so grateful that she and Patti started sudsol, so that we can have this wonderful place to gather and share. I enjoyed the moments I have spent with her at convention or leadership over the years and the wisdom that comes with her being older than meJ

I want to wish you all the best of stamping with Stampin’ Up!

I am now off on another journey!

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

PS-If you’re still reading, Coleen and I are not really twins, but found out that she is 3 hours older than me, so she is my stamping twin!

Many blessings to all.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Until we meet again

lindseyj

So sorry to "lose" you, but still are glad we'll remain friends!  
As always,
Jan Lindsey

On Saturday, July 18, 2015, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n22058h26@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;stampindiane@twc.com?subject%5Cx3dUntil%2Bwe%2Bmeet%2Bagain&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Diane Harman privately at stampindiane@...
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;stampindiane@twc.com&#39;);" target="_blank">stampindiane@...

Last November I opened a craft shop where we taught classes in all sorts of crafts. I had contacted SU compliance beforehand and everything was ok, because I wasn’t selling anything retail. We were doing classes in paper-crafting, wreaths, home décor items, furniture painting, and kids crafts.

When the new catalog came out this May , and I wasn’t excited about it, I knew the time had come for me to move on.  There is just so much product out there that I want to play with, use in my crafts, teach with and sell.

So I decided to expand my shop into retail of paper-crafting supplies.  It’s been fun watching all of the new materials arriving in the shop, but a bit nerve wracking with all of the $$ in inventory. That is a big difference from SU! It is an exciting time for me and all of my paper crafting friends in the Louisville area!

I am going to the CHA show in Shaumburg, IL on Monday, and excited to meet some of the crafting industry’s “legends”!

But before I hit the road to meet them, I want to say thanks to the legions of legends at SU that I met in my 13-1/2 years here. I joined sudsol one month after I became a demonstrator. My upline moved shortly after I signed up, and I met many wonderful ladies at my first leadership in SLC in January of 2003! I remember standing in that room, not seeing anyone I knew. Then Jan L. walked up to me and asked if I would like to sit with her and her group. I met Annette and another lady from Kansas What sweet ladies and life savers that day to me.

I have enjoyed meeting so many of you at conventions over the years, and learning so much here on sudsol the past 13 years. I know that if I sat down and started to name everyone, I would forget many, and leave hurt feelings. But whether it was sharing a meal at convention, swapping a card, chatting while in line, or emailing here on sudsol, I have truly treasured all of the moments and memories of sudsol and Stampin’ Up!

But I could not leave here without mentioning one of my favorites, my twin sister, Coleen. Most of you probably didn’t know that we are twins, but Coleen is 3 hours older than me. I’m so grateful that she and Patti started sudsol, so that we can have this wonderful place to gather and share. I enjoyed the moments I have spent with her at convention or leadership over the years and the wisdom that comes with her being older than meJ

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

PS-If you’re still reading, Coleen and I are not really twins, but found out that she is 3 hours older than me, so she is my stamping twin!

Many blessings to all.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;stampindiane@twc.com&#39;);" target="_blank">stampindiane@...
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Business-Builder-Task-Hand-Out-Your-Business-Cards-tp22057p22058.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h21@n5.nabble.com&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h21@...
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
Jan Lindsey, independent Stampin' Up! representative

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Until we meet again

Robin Messenheimer
In reply to this post by Diane Harman

Thanks for the good-bye note. There are many people who just drop out of groups and I never know what happened to them. This is such a nice way to do this!

Robin

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

From: ml-node+s1100894n22058h67@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n22058h67@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 1:42 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: Until we meet again

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Until%20we%20meet%20again

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

So I decided to expand my shop into retail of paper-crafting supplies.  It’s been fun watching all of the new materials arriving in the shop, but a bit nerve wracking with all of the $$ in inventory. That is a big difference from SU! It is an exciting time for me and all of my paper crafting friends in the Louisville area!

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

Many blessings to all.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Business-Builder-Task-Hand-Out-Your-Business-Cards-tp22057p22058.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Robin Messenheimer Hilo, Hawaii https://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart

It sounds like you are starting a very exciting, new chapter, Diane!  I wish you all the best.  Thank you for letting us know – it will be fun to follow your success, and say “I knew her when....”

But seriously – are you and Coleen twins??!! Winking smile

All the best,
Deborah Smart

Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 4:41 AM
To: debsmart@shaw.ca

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Until we meet again
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

Many blessings to all.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: stampindiane@twc.com
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Have seen your name many times over the years.  I wish you
The best in your new venture.  

If we get to Louisville again (dh was there last weekend), I'll
Stop in to see you.  In the meantime, best wishes.

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Jul 18, 2015, at 7:41 AM, "SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n22058h44@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@twc.com

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

Many blessings to all.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h39@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Until we meet again

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by lindseyj

Thanks Jan! Come see me at my shop sometime!

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n22060h34@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n22060h34@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 10:02 AM
Subject: Re: SU!: Until we meet again

Janlindsey4@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Until%20we%20meet%20again

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Janlindsey4@gmail.com

So sorry to "lose" you, but still are glad we'll remain friends!

As always,

Jan Lindsey

On Saturday, July 18, 2015, SUDSOL [Diane Harman] via Business Talk <ml-node%2Bs1100894n22058h26@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

<a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;stampindiane@?subject%5Cx3dUntil%2Bwe%2Bmeet%2Bagain&#39;);" target="_blank">Click here to reply directly to Diane Harman privately at stampindiane@...

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;stampindiane@&#39;);" target="_blank">stampindiane@...

When the new catalog came out this May , and I wasn’t excited about it, I knew the time had come for me to move on. There is just so much product out there that I want to play with, use in my crafts, teach with and sell.

So I decided to expand my shop into retail of paper-crafting supplies. It’s been fun watching all of the new materials arriving in the shop, but a bit nerve wracking with all of the $$ in inventory. That is a big difference from SU! It is an exciting time for me and all of my paper crafting friends in the Louisville area!

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

Many blessings to all.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Diane Harman, please change the email address to: <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;stampindiane@&#39;);" target="_blank">stampindiane@...

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email <a href="javascript:_e(%7B%7D,&#39;cvml&#39;,&#39;ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h21@.nabble&#39;);" target="_blank">ml-node+s1100894n3h21@...

--

Jan Lindsey, independent Stampin' Up! representative

If you want the reply to go ONLY to lindseyj, please change the email address to: Janlindsey4@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Business-Builder-Task-Hand-Out-Your-Business-Cards-tp22057p22060.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h67@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

Thanks Robin,

Enjoy the stamping in Hawaii!

Diane

From: ml-node+s1100894n22065h89@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n22065h89@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 2:22 PM

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=RE:%20Until%20we%20meet%20again

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

Thanks for the good-bye note. There are many people who just drop out of groups and I never know what happened to them. This is such a nice way to do this!

Robin

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

From: ml-node+s1100894n22058h67@.nabble [ml-node+s1100894n22058h67@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 1:42 AM

stampindiane@twc.com?subject=Until%20we%20meet%20again

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

Many blessings to all.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h62@n5.nabble.com

Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Business-Builder-Task-Hand-Out-Your-Business-Cards-tp22057p22065.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h67@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Harman
In reply to this post by Deborah Smart

No, she was born in a different state 3 hours before I was born in Kentucky.

From: ml-node+s1100894n22066h20@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n22066h20@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 2:37 PM

debsmart@shaw.ca?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Until%20we%20meet%20again

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: debsmart@shaw.ca

It sounds like you are starting a very exciting, new chapter, Diane!  I wish you all the best.  Thank you for letting us know – it will be fun to follow your success, and say “I knew her when....”

But seriously – are you and Coleen twins??!! Winking smile

All the best,

Deborah Smart

Sent: Saturday, July 18, 2015 4:41 AM

To: debsmart@shaw.ca

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: stampindiane@

Until we meet again,

Diane

Diane Harman

Craft Inn

Louisville, Kentucky

Many blessings to all.

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h66@.nabble

Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Deborah Smart, please change the email address to: debsmart@shaw.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Business-Builder-Task-Hand-Out-Your-Business-Cards-tp22057p22066.html