classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blizzard Thinlits Dies

Karen Alexander
Hi,
Does anyone have any hints or tips re how to use the Blizzard Thinlits Dies? I have a customer who has been having trouble getting the large die to cut through all of the snowfalkes. I tried to help her today but even when following the instructions that came with the die it did not cut through very well. It was a lot of work trying to get the snowflakes to all cut out.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Warm wishes and happy thoughts
Karen Alexander
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Blizzard Thinlits Dies

Pamela Parker

I look forward to what replies come in ..... 

On Jan 18, 2019, at 7:22 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46151h68@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca?subject=Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca

Hi,
Does anyone have any hints or tips re how to use the Blizzard Thinlits Dies? I have a customer who has been having trouble getting the large die to cut through all of the snowfalkes. I tried to help her today but even when following the instructions that came with the die it did not cut through very well. It was a lot of work trying to get the snowflakes to all cut out.
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blizzard-Thinlits-Dies-tp46151.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h61@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Blizzard Thinlits Dies

Karen Alexander
In reply to this post by Karen Alexander
Karen Alexander wrote
Hi,
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Thank you so much Judi Carpenter and Audrey Harrison.
Both suggested using a shim and maybe even two shims if needed since all Big Shots are different. Judi suggested putting the shim(s) UNDER the bottom plate. Audrey said a flat cutting plate might work better than a well used plate. Judi had a great suggestion. If the shim(s) work mark them and keep them with the dies so that you don't have to repeat the experience when you go to use the dies again. Also run the die back and forth through the Big Shot a number of times. That usually helps.
Thank you ladies. I will have my customer try these tips.
Karen Alexander
Reply | Threaded
|

Nancy Noble
In reply to this post by Pamela Parker

I had no problem.  I used the precision base plate.  I find it also helps if you have flat plates.  If they have a bow that area doesn't cut the same.  Also try putting the die at a different angle on the plate and run through again. Also try with wax paper between die and paper.  Hope that helps

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 8:26 PM, SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Product Q&As
<ml+s1100894n46152h80@.nabble> wrote:
parkerp78@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@

On Jan 18, 2019, at 7:22 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46151h68@.nabble > wrote:

alexander_bkt@?subject=Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@

Hi,
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blizzard-Thinlits-Dies-tp46151.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h61@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blizzard-Thinlits-Dies-tp46151p46152.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h42@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Stitt

Had a customer with the same problem.  We solved also by using the
Precision base plate, new plays and running through at a slight angle.
Also noted she was not using Stampin’ Up cardstock.  It was a little
Heavier and when she changed to Stampin’ Up and following above
Steps it cut perfectly!  Hope this helps.

Barbara Stitt

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 18, 2019, at 10:25 PM, SUDSOL [Nancy Noble] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46154h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

nancy.noble@att.net?subject=Re: SU!: Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: nancy.noble@att.net

I had no problem.  I used the precision base plate.  I find it also helps if you have flat plates.  If they have a bow that area doesn't cut the same.  Also try putting the die at a different angle on the plate and run through again. Also try with wax paper between die and paper.  Hope that helps

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 8:26 PM, SUDSOL [Pamela Parker] via Product Q&As
<ml+s1100894n46152h80@.nabble> wrote:
parkerp78@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: parkerp78@

On Jan 18, 2019, at 7:22 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As < ml+s1100894n46151h68@.nabble > wrote:

alexander_bkt@?subject=Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@

Hi,
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h61@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pamela Parker, please change the email address to: parkerp78@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blizzard-Thinlits-Dies-tp46151p46152.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h42@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nancy Noble, please change the email address to: nancy.noble@att.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blizzard-Thinlits-Dies-tp46151p46154.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h20@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

lkiers

It is a very detailed die. Is she using the steel plate in her BS sandwich and rolling it back and forth a couple of times?

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 18, 2019, at 8:22 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46151h99@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca?subject=Blizzard Thinlits Dies
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca

Hi,
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Karen Alexander
lkiers wrote
It is a very detailed die. Is she using the steel plate in her BS sandwich and rolling it back and forth a couple of times?

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 18, 2019, at 8:22 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n46151h99@.nabble> wrote:
>
> Click here to reply directly to Karen Alexander privately at alexander_bkt@
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@
> Hi,
> Does anyone have any hints or tips re how to use the Blizzard Thinlits Dies? I have a customer who has been having trouble getting the large die to cut through all of the snowfalkes. I tried to help her today but even when following the instructions that came with the die it did not cut through very well. It was a lot of work trying to get the snowflakes to all cut out.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
> Karen Alexander
> Mississauga, ON, Canada
> Warm wishes and happy thoughts
> Karen Alexander
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@ 
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blizzard-Thinlits-Dies-tp46151.html
> To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h92@.nabble 
> To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Yes she is doing that. Nancy Noble suggested she put the die through again at a different angle. We'll try that.
Karen Alexander
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Blizzard Thinlits Dies

Karen Alexander
Karen Alexander wrote
Hi,
Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON, Canada
For those who are interested in the helpful replies I received from Audrey Harrison, Judi Carpenter, Nancy Noble, Barbara Stitt and Ikiers here is what they suggested.
Use a shim and maybe even two shims if needed since all Big Shots are different. Put the shim(s) UNDER the bottom plate. A flat cutting plate will work better than a well used plate. If the shim(s) work mark them and keep them with the dies so that you don't have to repeat the experience when you go to use the dies again. Run the die back and forth through the Big Shot a number of times and change the angle.That usually helps. Make sure to use Stampin' Up! card stock.  Try wax paper between the die and card stock.
Thank you so much to all the wonderful SUDSOL helpers. I love this group.
Karen Alexander