Blender Pens - On the fence

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blender Pens - On the fence

Nola Burkhard
I am really on the fence about ordering the new "blender" pens. I still have several sets of the old ones. Some still work, most don't.

I felt this was an investment and several of my club members ordered them but were really upset when they found they had so much trouble with them, myself included.  Now that I don't have a club anymore, and am mainly a hobbyist I try to really stick to only buying what I Love.  I don't use watercolor paper much, I'm not caught up in the "coloring" trend that is going on, and I know that I would not use them in a catalog kickoff (which is my main source of events now that we have "retired.")

I just don't want to be throwing my money out the window on a product that will become faulty again.

Thoughts????

Nola
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Blender Pens - On the fence

Carol Hodson

Since I don't like water coloring (something I have tried many times but am horrible at it), these don't entice me at all!

Carol Hodson
Pacific Northwest

On October 1, 2017, at 12:06 PM, "SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n38510h44@.nabble> wrote:

Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Blender Pens - On the fence
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I am really on the fence about ordering the new "blender" pens. I still have several sets of the old ones. Some still work, most don't.

I felt this was an investment and several of my club members ordered them but were really upset when they found they had so much trouble with them, myself included.  Now that I don't have a club anymore, and am mainly a hobbyist I try to really stick to only buying what I Love.  I don't use watercolor paper much, I'm not caught up in the "coloring" trend that is going on, and I know that I would not use them in a catalog kickoff (which is my main source of events now that we have "retired.")

I just don't want to be throwing my money out the window on a product that will become faulty again.

Thoughts????

Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blender-Pens-On-the-fence-tp38510.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Deborah Smart
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

From reading your post, Nola, I think you answered your own question.  You aren’t ‘into ‘ colouring, you don’t have a club to sell to, you prefer to buy what you love, and you wouldn’t use them in a catty kickoff. 
Sounds like a NO, don’t invest in them, to me!

I find it hard to not get caught up in everyone else’s buying trends, too.  I sat down and wondering why – because I can usually think for myself, not follow a crowd! Then I realised – it’s because I follow a lot of demos, I get the news feed from SUDSOL, and SU!, and all of those sources are all promoting the same thing!  Which makes me ‘think’ that I need them too! 

Personally, I may invest in a few for myself – colours that I like – but my sales on Blendies were low before, because of the big investment. And customers felt that they could ‘work around’ with markers, blender pens and aqua painters, because I had taught them how to use those tools.  So, we’ll see what happens this time around!

~Deborah

Sent: Sunday, October 1, 2017 12:06 PM
Subject: SU!: Blender Pens - On the fence

mailto:Nolaburkhard@?subject=Blender Pens - On the fence
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@

I felt this was an investment and several of my club members ordered them but were really upset when they found they had so much trouble with them, myself included.  Now that I don't have a club anymore, and am mainly a hobbyist I try to really stick to only buying what I Love.  I don't use watercolor paper much, I'm not caught up in the "coloring" trend that is going on, and I know that I would not use them in a catalog kickoff (which is my main source of events now that we have "retired.")

Thoughts????

Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blender-Pens-On-the-fence-tp38510.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h66@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Deborah Smart
Stampin' Discuss Summary Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by Nola Burkhard

If you have unused flex points which you haven't ear marked for anything else, you could 'buy' some of the blends with those flex points without spending your own cash. Then you can 'try' before you buy. If you like them ask a couple of your previous club members around for a FREE class. Use outline stamps you already have and Momento Black ink and go from there. They may order other items at your FREE class which will help off set the costs

On 2 October 2017 at 06:06, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n38510h87@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Blender+Pens+-+On+the+fence
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com

I felt this was an investment and several of my club members ordered them but were really upset when they found they had so much trouble with them, myself included.  Now that I don't have a club anymore, and am mainly a hobbyist I try to really stick to only buying what I Love.  I don't use watercolor paper much, I'm not caught up in the "coloring" trend that is going on, and I know that I would not use them in a catalog kickoff (which is my main source of events now that we have "retired.")

Thoughts????

Nola

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Nola Burkhard, please change the email address to: Nolaburkhard@icloud.com
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

That's exactly what I did! I used Flex Rewards to get the Color Kit bundle and the colors needed for that, along with the lifter, bronze and ivory.

I did so because although I love watercoloring, I found alcohol markers the easiest tool to blend colors with. I have been anxiously waiting the return of a Stampin' Up! version because they are now my favorite coloring method ever.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre (on Guam)
Your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

On Oct 2, 2017, at 9:46 AM, SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n38524h76@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Blender Pens - On the fence
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

If you have unused flex points which you haven't ear marked for anything else, you could 'buy' some of the blends with those flex points without spending your own cash. Then you can 'try' before you buy. If you like them ask a couple of your previous club members around for a FREE class. Use outline stamps you already have and Momento Black ink and go from there. They may order other items at your FREE class which will help off set the costs

On 2 October 2017 at 06:06, SUDSOL [Nola Burkhard] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n38510h87@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
Nolaburkhard@icloud.com?subject=Blender+Pens+-+On+the+fence

I felt this was an investment and several of my club members ordered them but were really upset when they found they had so much trouble with them, myself included. Now that I don't have a club anymore, and am mainly a hobbyist I try to really stick to only buying what I Love. I don't use watercolor paper much, I'm not caught up in the "coloring" trend that is going on, and I know that I would not use them in a catalog kickoff (which is my main source of events now that we have "retired.")

Thoughts????

Nola

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

--

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blender-Pens-On-the-fence-tp38510p38524.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.