Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blendabilities Discontinued

Kay Capps

Hi- I am saddened the "Blenders" are gone! I was just getting some
customers to purchase them!

I have spent lots of "hobby demo" money to build them up in my demoing
and workshop kit with some colors doubled to use in classes.

I am also using them in a class coming up in April-

Do I still use them or need to use something else to color in the
images?

I have everything already cut for 60 cards.

Thanks for your help!

Kay Capps

Kay Capps
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Blendabilities Discontinued

Phyllis Strickland
I don't see how it would benefit you to use an item you can't sell.   P.S.
I thought it sounded like they are working on something for us demos, but
who knows when.  In the meantime

Q: I invested in Blendabilities. Now what?

A: We know that this is a very painful subject for many of you. We see your
stake in this, and we know you've invested in this product with your
customers. Many of you have purchased multiple packages of Blendabilities
with the sole purpose of demonstrating them to your customers. Right now, we
don't have an answer regarding how we will address this issue. We'll need
time to do research and will let you know when we determine a course of
action.

Can you use the regular Stampin Markers and blender pen or aqua painters and
stamp with Staz-On  - that's what we did before Blendies.

Phyllis

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Blendabilities Discontinued

Debra  Brown
In reply to this post by Kay Capps
I would use blender pens with ink pads.  You can get some wonderful results
with them.

Debra

Debra, SUDSOL Techniques Coordinator
technique@sudsol.com

Debra Brown
mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
Sr. Supervisor
Stampin Up!
Plains, MT
Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Capps
In reply to this post by Phyllis Strickland
Thanks for the tips.

I do hope SU can help us as I just figured
out my Blender total purchase and it is $410.25!!

Wowser!!
Kay Capps
Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Capps
In reply to this post by Debra Brown

Thanks- I sure hope SU can help with our Blender purchases- I
figured I have $401.25 worth!!!
Kay Capps
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Blendabilities Discontinued

wenkerc
I have purchased several pack of Blendabilites but now I can't get all of
the colors which makes my previous purchases worthless.  I cannot color all
images because I lack all the color families and can't demonstrate them
because my customers cannot purchase them.  Worthless inventory.  Bad
investment on my part.  

Cheryl Wenker

Independent Demonstrator
My blog: http://stampupwithme.com
My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net

Cheryl Wenker Independent Demonstrator My blog: http://stampupwithme.com My SU business website: http://stampupwithme.stampinup.net Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/cwenker/
Reply | Threaded
|

Wilkinsonb
In reply to this post by Kay Capps
Yes I have them all and probubly have invested that much as well.
Brenda

Brenda Wilkinson
Your indépendent Stampin' Up! demonstrator
BJ Stamping Treasures
Bring Joy with BJ Stamping Treasures
1-413-203-5196
Blog: www.bjstampingtreasures.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/BJStampingTreasures
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/Ooreo111/boards/
Twitter: www.twitter.com/Bjstampingtreasures
Reply | Threaded
|

Coleen Astalos
In reply to this post by wenkerc
wenkerc wrote
Worthless inventory.  Bad investment on my part.  

Cheryl Wenker
Remember that one of the FAQ's states:
Q: I invested in Blendabilities.  Now what?
A: We know that this is a very painful subject for many of you. We see your stake in this, and we know you’ve invested in this product with your customers.  Many of you have purchased multiple packages of  Blendabilities with the sole purpose of demonstrating them to your customers. Right now, we don’t have an answer regarding how we will address this issue. We’ll need time to do research and will let you know when we determine a course of action
Give SU! some time to get it figured out.  They've always been fair in the past and I don't expect this situation to be any different.

My analogy on the whole situation is a medical one...   They've just discovered a major skin wound and the first step in 1st aid is to stop the bleeding (which they've done by pulling the product line).  The next step is to figure out how they're going to fix the skin - stitches and/or glue (which they've done with sharing how to get replacements for the ones ordered).  The step after that is to figure out how to heal the scar with minimal damage (that's what I equate to how are they going to compensate the demos who have invested in the product).

I'm glad they stopped the bleeding and started stitching up the skin.  It's going to take some time to figure out what to do with the scar.

Be patient.
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I agree!

Happy Stampin'~

On Mar 11, 2015, at 9:28 AM, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18440h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

coleen@sudsol.com?subject=RE: SU!: Blendabilities Discontinued
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: coleen@sudsol.com

wenkerc wrote

Cheryl Wenker
A: We know that this is a very painful subject for many of you. We see your stake in this, and we know you’ve invested in this product with your customers.  Many of you have purchased multiple packages of  Blendabilities with the sole purpose of demonstrating them to your customers. Right now, we don’t have an answer regarding how we will address this issue. We’ll need time to do research and will let you know when we determine a course of action
Give SU! some time to get it figured out.  They've always been fair in the past and I don't expect this situation to be any different.

My analogy on the whole situation is a medical one...   They've just discovered a major skin wound and the first step in 1st aid is to stop the bleeding (which they've done by pulling the product line).  The next step is to figure out how they're going to fix the skin - stitches and/or glue (which they've done with sharing how to get replacements for the ones ordered).  The step after that is to figure out how to heal the scar with minimal damage (that's what I equate to how are they going to compensate the demos who have invested in the product).

I'm glad they stopped the bleeding and started stitching up the skin.  It's going to take some time to figure out what to do with the scar.

Be patient.
Coleen
Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Coleen Astalos, please change the email address to: coleen@sudsol.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blendabilities-Discontinued-tp18404p18440.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dina Merchant
In reply to this post by Debra Brown
Great idea

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 10, 2015, at 8:10 AM, SUDSOL [Debra Brown] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18405h41@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>
> Click here to reply directly to Debra Brown privately at mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
>
> I would use blender pens with ink pads. You can get some wonderful results with them.
>
> Debra
>
> Debra, SUDSOL Techniques Coordinator
> technique@sudsol.com
>
>
> Debra Brown
> mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
> Sr. Supervisor
> Stampin Up!
> Plains, MT
>
>
>
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:05 AM, SUDSOL [Kay Capps] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n18404h72@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
>> petking@vcn.com?subject=Blendabilities+Discontinued
>> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: petking@vcn.com
>>
>> Hi- I am saddened the "Blenders" are gone! I was just getting some
>> customers to purchase them!
>>
>> I have spent lots of "hobby demo" money to build them up in my demoing
>> and workshop kit with some colors doubled to use in classes.
>>
>> I am also using them in a class coming up in April-
>>
>> Do I still use them or need to use something else to color in the
>> images?
>>
>> I have everything already cut for 60 cards.
>>
>> Thanks for your help!
>>
>> Kay Capps
>>
>>
>> Kay Capps
>>
>> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kay Capps, please change the email address to: petking@vcn.com
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Debra Brown, please change the email address to: mtstampinupdemo@gmail.com
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blendabilities-Discontinued-tp18404p18405.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h79@n5.nabble.com
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Cathy Bell
In reply to this post by Coleen Astalos
Coleen Astalos wrote
wenkerc wrote

Cheryl Wenker

Be patient.
Coleen
This is a very good way of putting it!  I LOVE the Blendabilities and am truly heartbroken over this but I know it it for the best.  If anyone has working sets of Blendabilities that they want to part with for a good deal let me know.  Thanks.
Have a great day!
Cathy
Reply | Threaded
|

John Sanpietro
There's a really good business lesson here.  Never buy product you can't make a profit from in 30 days and ALWAYS have a plan to make that profit before you buy it.

With the Blendabilities, I advised my clients to start small... and bring their customers along bit by bit, as well.  That way, you're not spending a ton of money right away (creating a cash flow crisis in your business), and you're not overwhelming your customers' bank accounts, either.

It's just good business to never buy more than you can sell.  Follow that principle, and you'll end up selling a lot more.
Warmest regards,

John

John Sanpietro
Certified Master Coach (Int'l Association of Coaches)
Stamping Is My Business!

The 2015 Social Networking Boot Camp, Part 1!
Early Bird Thru March 24th!
Email Blythe (blythek@mac.com) for the SUDSOL Discount Code!