Blast from the Past - The Stamp Camp

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blast from the Past - The Stamp Camp

Ann Lewis

As I was checking out the July 2005 Stampin' Success Magazine (p.9) for this edition of Blast from the Past, I came across this article on Stamp Camps.  Now I have heard of stamp camps but really wasn't that sure what they were - and I was interested in whether I was already doing them under a different name.

So for those like me who are unsure actually what a stamp camp is (even though we see it as an option every workshop order), here is the description from the article:

"Stamp camps are an excellent way to spend quality time with your friends, customers, and downline; develop relationships; swap ideas; and have fun sharing what you love. There isn’t time during workshops to create detailed and elaborate projects— perhaps those very projects that sparked your interest in stamping in the first place. Not so with stamp camps! A stamp camp can last a few hours or be an all-day event. You can invite a handful of people or a roomful. In fact, if your guest list is lengthy, you can book a conference room at a local college, library, or hotel. For smaller groups, simply use your living room—or even hold it under the shady trees in your backyard. Just about anywhere you can set up tables and chairs will work for a stamp camp. With a stamp camp, you aren’t restricted in your choice of projects. Choose one elaborate project that everyone can make or plan a variety of stations with several projects to choose from. A stamp camp is your chance to experiment with and demonstrate those more advanced techniques that are always talked about but seldom learned. Stamp camps give your customers and downline the chance to work outside of the sometimes fast and focused workshop environment…. "

Aaahh, so they would be what I call my Christmas Extravaganza, my Crafty Party….

So what are the benefits of a Stamp Camp?
Good for business
Lots of fun
Excellent opportunities to increase sales, book workshops, and even recruit new demonstrators
Opportunity to teach and practice new techniques in an unhurried environment.

So what do you need to do to host a successful Stamp Camp?
Prepare your projects and supplies in advance. Have them ready and waiting when your guests arrive.
Make sure your location is suitable to your needs—neither too big nor too small.
Coordinate refreshments with your guests or make sure you supply them yourself.
Don’t make the cost prohibitive. If you choose to charge a fee for attendance, make sure the fee is appropriate for the materials used and the cost (if any) of your location.

Now I thought I would check out stamp camps in Stampin' University on the demonstrator website - and here is a timely  link https://my.stampinup.com/portal/en-au/in-the-spotlight/million-sales-achievers/brandy-cox Brandy has just been recognised as Stampin' Up!s latest Million Career-to-Date Sales Milestone Achiever.  So what was Brandy's first Stampin' Up! event she ever attended - a stamp camp!

So, Stamp Camps are an ideal occasion for you "to nurture relationships with your customers and your downline. If you are prepared and enthusiastic, stamp camps will be one of your best summer memories as well as one of the best opportunities for your business".  I am going to schedule some more 'stamp camps' to give my business a boost.

I have been blasting from the past for the past six months, revisiting old Stampin' Success'.  But don't forget that there are wonderful gems in the current Stampin' Success.

That is it for this edition of Blast from the Past,

Your Blast from the Past Coordinator
Ann Lewis

P.S. who is coming to meet me in Brisbane at OnStage Live in Brisbane??????????
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Blast from the Past - The Stamp Camp

Christine Bennett

Hi Ann,

that was a great article, I will try to offer a 'stamp camp' here in NZ

too, Must be why I'm hoarding picture frames, canvas' etc to do 'More' projects.

I like the suggestion to have stations, and Choices.

YES, I will see you in Brisbane, got flights and hotel booked already!

cheers Christine

On 21/07/2016 6:23 p.m., SUDSOL [Ann Lewis] via Business Talk wrote:
annspaperworks@iinet.net.au?subject=Blast%20from%20the%20Past%20-%20The%20Stamp%20Camp
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: annspaperworks@iinet.net.au

As I was checking out the July 2005 Stampin' Success Magazine (p.9) for this edition of Blast from the Past, I came across this article on Stamp Camps.  Now I have heard of stamp camps but really wasn't that sure what they were - and I was interested in whether I was already doing them under a different name.

So for those like me who are unsure actually what a stamp camp is (even though we see it as an option every workshop order), here is the description from the article:

"Stamp camps are an excellent way to spend quality time with your friends, customers, and downline; develop relationships; swap ideas; and have fun sharing what you love. There isn’t time during workshops to create detailed and elaborate projects— perhaps those very projects that sparked your interest in stamping in the first place. Not so with stamp camps! A stamp camp can last a few hours or be an all-day event. You can invite a handful of people or a roomful. In fact, if your guest list is lengthy, you can book a conference room at a local college, library, or hotel. For smaller groups, simply use your living room—or even hold it under the shady trees in your backyard. Just about anywhere you can set up tables and chairs will work for a stamp camp. With a stamp camp, you aren’t restricted in your choice of projects. Choose one elaborate project that everyone can make or plan a variety of stations with several projects to choose from. A stamp camp is your chance to experiment with and demonstrate those more advanced techniques that are always talked about but seldom learned. Stamp camps give your customers and downline the chance to work outside of the sometimes fast and focused workshop environment…. "

Aaahh, so they would be what I call my Christmas Extravaganza, my Crafty Party….

So what are the benefits of a Stamp Camp?
Good for business
Lots of fun
Excellent opportunities to increase sales, book workshops, and even recruit new demonstrators
Opportunity to teach and practice new techniques in an unhurried environment.

So what do you need to do to host a successful Stamp Camp?
Prepare your projects and supplies in advance. Have them ready and waiting when your guests arrive.
Make sure your location is suitable to your needs—neither too big nor too small.
Coordinate refreshments with your guests or make sure you supply them yourself.
Don’t make the cost prohibitive. If you choose to charge a fee for attendance, make sure the fee is appropriate for the materials used and the cost (if any) of your location.

Now I thought I would check out stamp camps in Stampin' University on the demonstrator website - and here is a timely  link https://my.stampinup.com/portal/en-au/in-the-spotlight/million-sales-achievers/brandy-cox Brandy has just been recognised as Stampin' Up!s latest Million Career-to-Date Sales Milestone Achiever.  So what was Brandy's first Stampin' Up! event she ever attended - a stamp camp!

So, Stamp Camps are an ideal occasion for you "to nurture relationships with your customers and your downline. If you are prepared and enthusiastic, stamp camps will be one of your best summer memories as well as one of the best opportunities for your business".  I am going to schedule some more 'stamp camps' to give my business a boost.

I have been blasting from the past for the past six months, revisiting old Stampin' Success'.  But don't forget that there are wonderful gems in the current Stampin' Success.

That is it for this edition of Blast from the Past,

Your Blast from the Past Coordinator
Ann Lewis

P.S. who is coming to meet me in Brisbane at OnStage Live in Brisbane??????????

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Ann Lewis, please change the email address to: annspaperworks@iinet.net.au
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blast-from-the-Past-The-Stamp-Camp-tp30571.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h2@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

-- 
Blog: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net/blog
Follow me: www.pinterest.com/bennett5244  
Like me: www.facebook.com/ChristinesCraftyBlog
Shop with me: www.christinebennett.stampinup.net Click on ShopNow
for World Organic Skin care and Make up www.facebook.com/christinebennettworldorganic
To Unsubscribe - hit Reply and type unsubscribe -
       No worries - you can always subscribe again!