2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blast from the Past - CASE: Copy and Share Everything has been added to SUDSOL

Sandra Collett

CASEing: Copy and Share Everything

CASE (kās) verb: Copy And Share Everything

In these crazy times many crafters find themselves unable to craft as they normally would due to having to share their space or time with family stuck at home and sometimes our mojo is not as motivated as it usually would be. I know I’m guilty, but when I thought about it, one of the things that really helps me to get back on track is when I join the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge team, this has been such a blessing for me. Another version of CASE I’ve seen is Copy and Selectively Edit which I quite like as well.

When I delved into the archives and came across the article below, I could relate and thought I’d share it with you. Perhaps for you, the situation is different and you find your head is clearer and the crafting comes easily. Either way, check out this article January-February edition of Stampin’ Success here: http://sudsol.org/member/articles/stampin-success-magazine-archives/

In school, you got in trouble if you copied someone else’s work. In crafting, not only will you not get in trouble for copying, but it’s encouraged! (Do you love this hobby, or what?)

You can find inspiration anywhere, from Facebook, Stampin’ Connection to blogs and our catalogs. And what if you don’t have all the products you need to make something you love or it’s the wrong season? Adapt it!

One of the best reasons to adapt a card, however, is to suit your personal taste. Creativity is as individual as you are, and although you may see some wonderful and beautiful projects, they aren’t always something you would make. So, find something you like and dress it up (or down), swap out the colors or papers, and voilà—a project that expresses you perfectly!

This month, our artist took a fairly simple template from the annual catalog. As you can see, the basic template is the same, but the artist dressed it up by swapping out some of the elements. For example, by simply extending the center strip to the top of the card and using a paper that contains multiple designs, we’ve added more texture and dimension. We’ve also swapped out the sentiment with a stamp from our new From My Heart Stamp Set, making this card work for any number of occasions! And the butterfly accent matches the overall tone of the project.

With so many occasions for creating handmade cards and gifts, it might be overwhelming to come up with something unique every time. For your next event (class, club, or party), make it easy on yourself and select a project layout from almost anywhere! Then adapt it for your event and make sure to show what you started with so your customers can learn the beauty of CASEing too!

That’s it from me, til next time.

Sandra Collett
Blast from the Past Co-ordinator

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Blast from the Past - CASE: Copy and Share Everything has been added to SUDSOL

Jeanne Moss

This article is perfectly timed for me!!  With everything going on, I have lost all motivation to create.  This is a good way to get the juices flowing.

Sent from my iPhone

Jeanne Moss
BluegrassStamper@
www.BluegrassStamper.com
Join Bluegrass Stampers on FB

On Jul 15, 2020, at 11:28 PM, SUDSOL [Sandra Collett] via Creative Idea Shares <ml+s1100894n54494h55@.nabble> wrote:

thecolletts@xtra.co.nz?subject=Blast from the Past - CASE: Copy and Share Everything has been added to SUDSOL
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: thecolletts@.co

CASEing: Copy and Share Everything

CASE (kās) verb: Copy And Share Everything

In these crazy times many crafters find themselves unable to craft as they normally would due to having to share their space or time with family stuck at home and sometimes our mojo is not as motivated as it usually would be. I know I’m guilty, but when I thought about it, one of the things that really helps me to get back on track is when I join the CASEing the Catty Sunday Challenge team, this has been such a blessing for me. Another version of CASE I’ve seen is Copy and Selectively Edit which I quite like as well.

When I delved into the archives and came across the article below, I could relate and thought I’d share it with you. Perhaps for you, the situation is different and you find your head is clearer and the crafting comes easily. Either way, check out this article January-February edition of Stampin’ Success here: http://sudsol.org/member/articles/stampin-success-magazine-archives/

In school, you got in trouble if you copied someone else’s work. In crafting, not only will you not get in trouble for copying, but it’s encouraged! (Do you love this hobby, or what?)

You can find inspiration anywhere, from Facebook, Stampin’ Connection to blogs and our catalogs. And what if you don’t have all the products you need to make something you love or it’s the wrong season? Adapt it!

One of the best reasons to adapt a card, however, is to suit your personal taste. Creativity is as individual as you are, and although you may see some wonderful and beautiful projects, they aren’t always something you would make. So, find something you like and dress it up (or down), swap out the colors or papers, and voilà—a project that expresses you perfectly!

This month, our artist took a fairly simple template from the annual catalog. As you can see, the basic template is the same, but the artist dressed it up by swapping out some of the elements. For example, by simply extending the center strip to the top of the card and using a paper that contains multiple designs, we’ve added more texture and dimension. We’ve also swapped out the sentiment with a stamp from our new From My Heart Stamp Set, making this card work for any number of occasions! And the butterfly accent matches the overall tone of the project.

With so many occasions for creating handmade cards and gifts, it might be overwhelming to come up with something unique every time. For your next event (class, club, or party), make it easy on yourself and select a project layout from almost anywhere! Then adapt it for your event and make sure to show what you started with so your customers can learn the beauty of CASEing too!

That’s it from me, til next time.

Sandra Collett
Blast from the Past Co-ordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sandra Collett, please change the email address to: thecolletts@xtra.co.nz
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Blast-from-the-Past-CASE-Copy-and-Share-Everything-has-been-added-to-SUDSOL-tp54494.html
To start a new topic under Creative Idea Shares, email ml+s1100894n2h3@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Creative Idea Shares, click here.