Birthday card request for Great Aunt

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Birthday card request for Great Aunt

jennturoff
Here is a message I received from my mom. I asked if I should share with my stamping sisters and she became giddy with the thought of cards coming from all of you.  If you can, please help celebrate my Great Aunt's special day.

Hi Friends and Family ~

This is Lorraine looking for a favor..........many of you know (or know of) my Aunt Edie who moved from Long Island to Saratoga about 7 years ago.  Even if you do not know her, this will be a wonderful gesture to have some fun with her!!  She lives at Prestwick Chase and is celebrating a monumental birthday on May 5th.  She really doesn't anyone to know the number but the last monumental birthday she had was 10 years ago when we surprised her for her 70th birthday!!!  Aunt Edie was adamant about not having a party and I certainly am going to respect those wishes.  But she did not say anything about not wanting any birthday cards. So here is my favor - I would like to bombard her mailbox at Prestwick Chase with many birthday cards. If you have a chance, would you please send a Happy Birthday greeting to Edith (Edie) Coniker at 148 Saratoga Blvd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.

And if you have some friends who like to send cards, it really does not matter who they come from.  Please pass this on to anyone who would like to make someone smile or anyone who I may have forgotten or for whom I did not have an email address.

Thanks so much......I know she will enjoy this surprise.........Lorraine

P.S.  and thanks to my cousin Lynn who provided a website, I even have asked President Obama in the Oval Office to send a card (wonder if he will?!!)

PPS - She did receive a card from the Obamas!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Birthday card request for Great Aunt

Blythe Klipple

Aunt Edie’s card will be in tomorrow’s mail.  You can do the same for me in 8 years!  :)  Hee hee hee!

~Blythe

On Apr 30, 2015, at 2:23 PM, SUDSOL [jennturoff] via Card Requests <ml-node+s1100894n19993h50@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

jennturoff@me.com?subject=Birthday%20card%20request%20for%20Great%20Aunt
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: jennturoff@me.com

Here is a message I received from my mom. I asked if I should share with my stamping sisters and she became giddy with the thought of cards coming from all of you.  If you can, please help celebrate my Great Aunt's special day.

Hi Friends and Family ~

This is Lorraine looking for a favor..........many of you know (or know of) my Aunt Edie who moved from Long Island to Saratoga about 7 years ago.  Even if you do not know her, this will be a wonderful gesture to have some fun with her!!  She lives at Prestwick Chase and is celebrating a monumental birthday on May 5th.  She really doesn't anyone to know the number but the last monumental birthday she had was 10 years ago when we surprised her for her 70th birthday!!!  Aunt Edie was adamant about not having a party and I certainly am going to respect those wishes.  But she did not say anything about not wanting any birthday cards. So here is my favor - I would like to bombard her mailbox at Prestwick Chase with many birthday cards. If you have a chance, would you please send a Happy Birthday greeting to Edith (Edie) Coniker at 148 Saratoga Blvd, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866.

And if you have some friends who like to send cards, it really does not matter who they come from.  Please pass this on to anyone who would like to make someone smile or anyone who I may have forgotten or for whom I did not have an email address.

Thanks so much......I know she will enjoy this surprise.........Lorraine

P.S.  and thanks to my cousin Lynn who provided a website, I even have asked President Obama in the Oval Office to send a card (wonder if he will?!!)

PPS - She did receive a card from the Obamas!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to jennturoff, please change the email address to: jennturoff@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Birthday-card-request-for-Great-Aunt-tp19993.html
To start a new topic under Card Requests, email ml-node+s1100894n66h13@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR