13 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

Jan Farring

BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS.docx (19K) Download Attachment
BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS.pdf (58K) Download Attachment

In my clubs this week, I'm going to be demonstrating the Big Shot Embossing Mats. I found the directions that came with the mats to be confusing and I know my girls will find them confusing also, so I made up a handout that I think is easier to understand!

I'm attaching it here and am happy for it to be loaded up on Sudsol!

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net 
541-390-3390
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

Margaret Minneman

Thank you LOADS !!

Maggi

--------------------------------------------
On Sun, 6/17/18, SUDSOL [Jan Farring] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42785h35@.nabble> wrote:

Subject: SU!: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document
 To: "SUDSOL Group" <mamin50@>
 Date: Sunday, June 17, 2018, 3:23 PM

Click here to reply directly to Jan
 Farring privately at janinpb@
                              If you just reply to this email,
 your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you
 change the To: email address to the author:
 janinpb@

BIG SHOT EMBOSSING
 MATS.docx (19K) Download
 AttachmentBIG SHOT EMBOSSING
 MATS.pdf (58K) Download
 Attachment

In
 my clubs this week, I'm going to be
       demonstrating the Big Shot Embossing Mats. I found the
 directions
       that came with the mats to be confusing and I know my
 girls will
       find them confusing also, so I made up a handout that
 I think is
       easier to understand!

I'm attaching it here and am happy for it to be
 loaded up on
       Sudsol!

Jan

--
 Jan Farring
 My Blog:  www.jansstampingcreations.com
 Demo Website:  http://janfarring.stampinup.net

541-390-3390

Jan Farring

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jan Farring,
 please change the email address to:
         janinpb@

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion
 Forum here:
         http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email
 ml+s1100894n1954h74@.nabble
         To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click
 here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood
In reply to this post by Jan Farring

Thanks for sharing this Jan as I agree the directions that come with the mats are confusing — primarily because they are mostly a diagram.

I did want to share that I have found that I get the same exact results if I flip the order of the sandwich so that I can have the white embossing pad on the bottom and the clear plate on the top so I can see what I am embossing. I use the blue mat for framelits that would normally cut but that I want to just emboss and the gray mat for the embosslits that are included in some of our die sets that only emboss. I did this sandwich order at three clubs a week ago and everyone had good results

- Bottom: standard cutting pad WITHOUT the thin die adaptor (or the multi purpose platform on NO TABS)
- Blue or Gray Mat
- Card Stock (Thick white, vanilla or one of our colors since those are thick)
- Framelit (cutting side down with blue mat) OR Embosslit, (embossing side down with gray mat)
- White Embossing Pad

I roll that through and am getting the same results as when I tested it the way the directions said. I have seen some other demonstrators showing online that they’ve flipped the sandwich as well.

Thought I would share so others might weigh in with what they have found.

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/321stamp
Check out samples and ideas at: 
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:
www.321stamp.stampinup.net

On Jun 17, 2018, at 3:23 PM, SUDSOL [Jan Farring] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42785h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

janinpb@cbbmail.com?subject=Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janinpb@cbbmail.com

In my clubs this week, I'm going to be demonstrating the Big Shot Embossing Mats. I found the directions that came with the mats to be confusing and I know my girls will find them confusing also, so I made up a handout that I think is easier to understand!

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390
Jan Farring Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator My Blog: www.jansstampingcreations.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jan Farring, please change the email address to: janinpb@cbbmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood

I made a mistake in my sandwich — should have proof read better. I left out the clear plate — and did not call the bottom platform by the right name. This is the sandwich I’ve been teaching — together with my first note, it explains the change I made.

- Bottom:  Big Shot Platform WITHOUT the thin die adaptor (or the multi purpose platform on NO TABS)
- standard clear cutting pad
- Blue or Gray Mat
- Framelit (cutting side down with blue mat) OR Embosslit, (embossing side down with gray mat)
- White Embossing Pad

Since Stampin’ Up has not done a video yet for these, I would love to know what others of you have found through experimenting.

Catherine Harwood
charwood@earthlink.net

On Jun 17, 2018, at 4:38 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42787h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@earthlink.net

Thanks for sharing this Jan as I agree the directions that come with the mats are confusing — primarily because they are mostly a diagram.

I did want to share that I have found that I get the same exact results if I flip the order of the sandwich so that I can have the white embossing pad on the bottom and the clear plate on the top so I can see what I am embossing. I use the blue mat for framelits that would normally cut but that I want to just emboss and the gray mat for the embosslits that are included in some of our die sets that only emboss. I did this sandwich order at three clubs a week ago and everyone had good results

- Bottom: standard cutting pad WITHOUT the thin die adaptor (or the multi purpose platform on NO TABS)
- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

I roll that through and am getting the same results as when I tested it the way the directions said. I have seen some other demonstrators showing online that they’ve flipped the sandwich as well.

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

On Jun 17, 2018, at 3:23 PM, SUDSOL [Jan Farring] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42785h36@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: janinpb@cbbmail.com

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jan Farring, please change the email address to: janinpb@cbbmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42787.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon

You ROCK, Jan!!!!!
Thank you so much!!!!!
☺Sue

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 3:23 PM, SUDSOL [Jan Farring] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42785h92@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
janinpb@cbbmail.com?subject=Big+Shot+Embossing+Mats+Document

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h31@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Sue Dillon
In reply to this post by Catherine Harwood

Catherine,
I just saw this.  YOU ROCK for doing this for us!!
Which sandwich are you talking about that you made the mistake?
Thanks!
Sue

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42788h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Big+Shot+Embossing+Mats+Document
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: charwood@earthlink.net

I made a mistake in my sandwich — should have proof read better. I left out the clear plate — and did not call the bottom platform by the right name. This is the sandwich I’ve been teaching — together with my first note, it explains the change I made.

- Bottom:  Big Shot Platform WITHOUT the thin die adaptor (or the multi purpose platform on NO TABS)
- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

Since Stampin’ Up has not done a video yet for these, I would love to know what others of you have found through experimenting.

Catherine Harwood
charwood@earthlink.net

On Jun 17, 2018, at 4:38 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n42787h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document

- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Harwood, please change the email address to: charwood@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42787.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml%2Bs1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42788.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h31@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

That’s funny!  Jan and I were just discussing flipping the sandwich over.  I did that today with the puzzle die, and had no problems.  I also prefer to do it that way so I can see where I’m putting the die!

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 17, 2018, at 4:38 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42787h38@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re: SU!: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Jan Farring

Hi Catherine

Yes, Jeanne and I just visited about turning the sandwich upside down. 

There is finally a video from SU

You can find it below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-G7qwixGPo&t=1s

Jan

On 6/17/2018 1:44 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As wrote:
charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU%21:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document

- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

Catherine Harwood

On Jun 17, 2018, at 4:38 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42787h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document

- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471  (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42788.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h35@n7.nabble.com

-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Harwood
In reply to this post by Sue Dillon

Jan made the helpful documents to share with SUDSOL — I had replied to that with info about flipping the order of the embossing mat sandwich so you can see what you’re doing by having the clear plate on top instead of on the bottom. 

So there is no confusion — I had sent two replies to Jan’s note that had her documents attached because in my longer first reply, I left out a plate in my alternate sandwich.

Here is the sandwich I use again:

- Bottom: Big Shot Platform WITHOUT the thin die adaptor (or the multi purpose platform on NO TABS)
- Standard clear cutting pad
- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

Catherine Harwood
charwood@earthlink.net

On Jun 17, 2018, at 5:14 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Dillon] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42790h91@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

suedsnooze@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suedsnooze@gmail.com

Catherine,
I just saw this. YOU ROCK for doing this for us!!
Which sandwich are you talking about that you made the mistake?
Thanks!
Sue

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 4:44 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n42788h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
charwood@earthlink.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Big+Shot+Embossing+Mats+Document

- Bottom: Big Shot Platform WITHOUT the thin die adaptor (or the multi purpose platform on NO TABS)
- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

Catherine Harwood

On Jun 17, 2018, at 4:38 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Harwood] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n42787h98@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

charwood@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document

- Blue or Gray Mat
- White Embossing Pad

Catherine Harwood, Independent Stampin' Up Demonstrator
Merritt Island on Florida's Space Coast
charwood@earthlink.net
321-449-9471 (H)
321-243-0213 (C)
Like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/321stamp
www.321stamp.com/
SHOP NOW Online at:

Jan
-- 
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml%2Bs1100894n1954h75@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Sue Dillon, please change the email address to: suedsnooze@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42790.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

Pip Todman
Jan Farring wrote
In my clubs this week, I'm going to be demonstrating the Big Shot
Embossing Mats. I found the directions that came with the mats to be
confusing and I know my girls will find them confusing also, so I made
up a handout that I think is easier to understand!

Jan

--
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS.docx (19K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/42785/0/BIG%20SHOT%20EMBOSSING%20MATS.docx>
BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS.pdf (58K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/42785/1/BIG%20SHOT%20EMBOSSING%20MATS.pdf>
Thanks Jan!! I too found them confusing!!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson

Thanks so much, Jan. Very helpful

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 at 20:53, SUDSOL [Pip Todman] via Product Q&As <ml%2Bs1100894n42795h22@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
queenpipcards@gmail.com?subject=Re:+Big+Shot+Embossing+Mats+Document
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: queenpipcards@gmail.com

Jan Farring wrote

Jan

--
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS.docx (19K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/42785/0/BIG%20SHOT%20EMBOSSING%20MATS.docx>
BIG SHOT EMBOSSING MATS.pdf (58K) <http://forum.sudsol.org/attachment/42785/1/BIG%20SHOT%20EMBOSSING%20MATS.pdf>
Thanks Jan!! I too found them confusing!!!

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pip Todman, please change the email address to: queenpipcards@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42795.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h51@n7.nabble.com

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

Kathleen Crouse
Jan Farring wrote

Jan

--
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

Thank you so much Jan!  I was very confused as well!  This is so helpful!

Kathi
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

Lois Folla

Thank you so much Jan!

Blessings,

Lois

Lois Folla, Stampin' Up! Senior Manager

Paper Craft Classes/Clubs/Parties & More Available 

Office: 732.785.1558  Cell Phone: 732-598-5026

Address: 755 Hardean Rd, Brick, NJ 08724

Calendar of Events:  www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net 

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Happy 30th Anniversary Stampin' UP!

Love It. Live It. Share It 

From: ml+s1100894n42829h15@.nabble <ml+s1100894n42829h15@.nabble>
Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 9:24 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: Re: SU!: Big Shot Embossing Mats Document

kcrouse1950@verizon.net?subject=Re:%20Big%20Shot%20Embossing%20Mats%20Document

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: kcrouse1950@verizon.net

Jan Farring wrote

Jan

--
Jan Farring
541-390-3390

Thank you so much Jan!  I was very confused as well!  This is so helpful!

Kathi

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Kathleen Crouse, please change the email address to: kcrouse1950@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Big-Shot-Embossing-Mats-Document-tp42785p42829.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h90@n7.nabble.com