classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bent corners on card stock

Karen Alexander
Hi,
I had a customer tell me that when she has ordered card stock in the past that the corners are quite often bent. She had never mentioned this to me before and no one else has mentioned this to me. Has anyone had this problem or had a customer mention it to them?

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Warm wishes and happy thoughts
Karen Alexander
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Bent corners on card stock

Pam Staples

I’ve had bent corners on Cardstock and depending on how severe, I call Demonstrator Services. They’ve replaced them for me. 

On Feb 5, 2018, at 3:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca?subject=Bent%20corners%20on%20card%20stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca

Hi,
I had a customer tell me that when she has ordered card stock in the past that the corners are quite often bent. She had never mentioned this to me before and no one else has mentioned this to me. Has anyone had this problem or had a customer mention it to them?

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h39@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Pam Staples
www.sunnygirlscraps.com

SUDSOL Pinterest Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin
In reply to this post by Karen Alexander

I've had the problem on occasion.  It usually is a result of what else is shipped in the box.  Demo support is great and sends out a new pack.

Sara

Sara Levin

theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 3:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h47@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca?subject=Bent+corners+on+card+stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml%2Bs1100894n1954h66@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Hahn Casler
In reply to this post by Pam Staples

Yes, I’ve had that happen and gotten replacements.  If it is a big order and heavy, all the more chances of it happening with the cardstock shifting in the box.
Kay Hahn Casler
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Vestal, New York
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
Rubber stamp art supplies, demonstrations, clubs and stamp camps
607-729-1794 or e-mail               kayhc@stny.rr.com
Visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=11162 to join Paper Pumpkin! 

On Feb 5, 2018, at 3:19 PM, SUDSOL [Pam Staples] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40606h54@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Bent%20corners%20on%20card%20stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com

I’ve had bent corners on Cardstock and depending on how severe, I call Demonstrator Services. They’ve replaced them for me. 

On Feb 5, 2018, at 3:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h20@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca

Hi, 

Karen Alexander 
Mississauga, ON. Canada 

Karen Alexander

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Karen Alexander, please change the email address to: alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h39@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Pam Staples 
www.sunnygirlscraps.com 

SUDSOL Pinterest Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pam Staples, please change the email address to: sunnygirlscraps@gmail.com 
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605p40606.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h42@n7.nabble.com 
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

France Hannon

I have that problem frequently with my card stock.
France Hannon

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 5, 2018, at 4:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

alexander_bkt@yahoo.ca?subject=Bent corners on card stock

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

France Hannon
SUDSOL Weekly Coordinator
Reply | Threaded
|

Jeanne Moss

Depending on how bent it is, I just spritz it and iron it with my bone folder.

Jeanne Moss
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 5, 2018, at 4:28 PM, SUDSOL [France Hannon] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40610h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

gmfrancehannon@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Bent corners on card stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: gmfrancehannon@gmail.com

I have that problem frequently with my card stock.
France Hannon

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 5, 2018, at 4:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h85@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

France Hannon
SUDSOL Weekly Coordinator

If you want the reply to go ONLY to France Hannon, please change the email address to: gmfrancehannon@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605p40610.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h15@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Bent corners on card stock

Phyllis Strickland

Yes, that happens frequently and I require SU to replace it when it is for a customer order.  When it is for me, I am more lenient.   This is the main reason I have orders sent to me rather than the hostess.  Hostesses don’t want to be bothered with the problem.  Much of damage is due to their lack of good packaging.   I guess it is less expensive to replace things than to pack the boxes better.  It is really annoying because I have to make a second delivery unless the hostess will wait for it.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml+s1100894n40605h89@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40605h89@.nabble]
Hi,

Karen Alexander

Reply | Threaded
|

Sticky Note Booklet on Flex Point page

Robin Messenheimer

Something on my computer is not allowing me to see the pictures of the inside of this Sticky Note Booklet. Does anyone have pictures they could share with me? I’ll write DS, but SUDSOL is usually faster than DS. 3500 points seems like a lot….

Thanks!

Robin

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

I have bent corners on my cardstock almost all the time. The way the orders are packed does not prevent shifting in transit and my orders have a long way to travel. I’ve never had the corners be severe enough that I felt it should be replaced, but it would be nice not to have it happening.

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Feb 6, 2018, at 6:13 AM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h87@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h6@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Sticky Note Booklet on Flex Point page

Maria Pobre
In reply to this post by Robin Messenheimer

It’s not your computer! They won’t open for me either, but I was able to enlarge the thumbnail.

image1.jpeg

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Feb 6, 2018, at 8:57 AM, SUDSOL [Robin Messenheimer] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40613h35@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

rmessenheimer@earthlink.net?subject=Sticky Note Booklet on Flex Point page
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net

Something on my computer is not allowing me to see the pictures of the inside of this Sticky Note Booklet. Does anyone have pictures they could share with me? I’ll write DS, but SUDSOL is usually faster than DS. 3500 points seems like a lot….

Thanks!

Robin

Robin Messenheimer

Pahoa, Hawai'i

http://robinscraftroom.com

Robin Messenheimer Pahoa, Hawaii http://robinscraftroom.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Robin Messenheimer, please change the email address to: rmessenheimer@earthlink.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605p40613.html
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Bent corners on card stock

donnab07

I get packages of cardstock all the time that have bent corners.  We all need to put our concerns in the Sandbox!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n40605h97@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40605h97@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 12:13 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Bent corners on card stock

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Maria Pobre

Wrapping all packages of paper products on the same order together with bubble wrap would make a big difference!

Happy Stampin'~

Maria Pobre

On Feb 6, 2018, at 12:56 PM, SUDSOL [donnab07] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40619h21@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

donna@idahobagwells.net?subject=RE: Bent corners on card stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: donna@idahobagwells.net

I get packages of cardstock all the time that have bent corners.  We all need to put our concerns in the Sandbox!

Donna Bagwell

From: ml+s1100894n40605h97@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40605h97@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2018 12:13 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <donna@>
Subject: SU!: Bent corners on card stock

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h16@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to donnab07, please change the email address to: donna@idahobagwells.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605p40619.html
Reply | Threaded
|

Cheryl Noble

yes, this is a bug problem.  Please have her call and tell Su or you do it.  They won’t know if we don’t say something.  It is not always a UPS problem, it is packing so much in a box.
Thanks,

Cheryl Noble, Independent Stampin'UP!® Demonstrator
Phone: 608-576-3198
wmc@crazysustampers.com
Blog: CRAZYSUSTAMPERS
crazysustamper, LLC

On Feb 5, 2018, at 2:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h70@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Barbara Felece

I have received cardstock with bent corners and have mentioned it in the Sandbox but still receive some like that. With so many responses you’d think they may reconsider their packing methods. I think a little extra care is needed. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2018, at 4:18 AM, SUDSOL [Cheryl Noble] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40623h17@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

wmc@crazysustampers.com?subject=Re: SU!: Bent corners on card stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: wmc@crazysustampers.com

yes, this is a bug problem.  Please have her call and tell Su or you do it.  They won’t know if we don’t say something.  It is not always a UPS problem, it is packing so much in a box.
Thanks,

Cheryl Noble, Independent Stampin'UP!® Demonstrator
Phone: 608-576-3198
wmc@crazysustampers.com
Blog: CRAZYSUSTAMPERS
crazysustamper, LLC

On Feb 5, 2018, at 2:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40605h51@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Hi,

Karen Alexander
Mississauga, ON. Canada

Karen Alexander

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h70@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cheryl Noble, please change the email address to: wmc@crazysustampers.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605p40623.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h78@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Bent corners on card stock

Phyllis Strickland

I think all they need to do is wrap cardstock and DSP in thin layer of bubble wrap like some other companies do and whose cardstock is never damaged.  No one mentioned DSP, but this happens even more with DSP than with cardstock.  Especially when they send it in the square boxes and the box corner gets squashed because there  is so much empty space in the box.  Several times I’ve had orders with 8-12 packages of DSP that were damaged, including those big DSP stacks, and SU had to replace them when they saw the photos.

I always send photos and always request that they forward my email to whomever is in charge of shipping.  Overall they must be ahead of the game expense-wise, and don’t care about the inconvenience to us or our  hostesses , or they would have done something by now.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml+s1100894n40625h9@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40625h9@.nabble]

I have received cardstock with bent corners and have mentioned it in the Sandbox but still receive some like that. With so many responses you’d think they may reconsider their packing methods. I think a little extra care is needed. 

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2018, at 4:18 AM, SUDSOL [Cheryl Noble] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40623h17@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Thanks,

On Feb 5, 2018, at 2:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <

Reply | Threaded
|

Kay Hahn Casler

Actually, it appears that UPS plays more a part in this than SU!  Some of the packages my customers have received look like they have been through a war.  Wrapped with more tape or completely open boxes that look like they have been thrown or dropped repeatedly.  One order was received with 2 items out of 35!!  Crazy, and SU! resent the order.  Wonder where those other 33 items are???

Kay Hahn Casler
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Vestal, New York
    Sharing what I love 
    and loving what I do!
Rubber stamp art supplies, demonstrations, clubs and stamp camps
607-729-1794 or e-mail               kayhc@stny.rr.com
Visit https://mypaperpumpkin.com?demoid=11162 to join Paper Pumpkin! 

On Feb 6, 2018, at 10:16 AM, SUDSOL [Phyllis Strickland] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n40626h74@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pstrickland@me.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%20Bent%20corners%20on%20card%20stock
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

I think all they need to do is wrap cardstock and DSP in thin layer of bubble wrap like some other companies do and whose cardstock is never damaged. No one mentioned DSP, but this happens even more with DSP than with cardstock. Especially when they send it in the square boxes and the box corner gets squashed because there is so much empty space in the box. Several times I’ve had orders with 8-12 packages of DSP that were damaged, including those big DSP stacks, and SU had to replace them when they saw the photos.

I always send photos and always request that they forward my email to whomever is in charge of shipping. Overall they must be ahead of the game expense-wise, and don’t care about the inconvenience to us or our hostesses , or they would have done something by now.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml+s1100894n40625h9@.nabble [mailto:ml+s1100894n40625h9@.nabble]

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks,

On Feb 5, 2018, at 2:13 PM, SUDSOL [Karen Alexander] via Product Q&As <

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bent-corners-on-card-stock-tp40605p40626.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, ml+s1100894n1954h42@n7.nabble.com