Basic Gray Ink Pads

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
15 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Basic Gray Ink Pads

Brunie Quinones

Has anybody had trouble with the Basic Gray ink pads?  I ordered one when they were on sale and when I stamped an image, the color was a tone of light gray and pinkish.  I called DS and they sent me a new one and this one looks just like Smoky Slate - not at all like the darker Basic Gray.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Pricy Darrell

I too have had trouble with my gray ink pad. My first one gave uneven coverage when stamping with different stamps. So I reinked it. It wasn't any better, maybe worse. I thought it was something I did wrong, so I ordered a new one. This one is the same. I find myself avoiding using Basic Gray ink in order to avoid the challenge. 

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 9, 2014, at 9:20 PM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n14990h54@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com?subject=Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com

Has anybody had trouble with the Basic Gray ink pads?  I ordered one when they were on sale and when I stamped an image, the color was a tone of light gray and pinkish.  I called DS and they sent me a new one and this one looks just like Smoky Slate - not at all like the darker Basic Gray.  

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h38@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Jenny Pierce

I actually called Stampin' Up about the basic grey and black as I have had the same problem with both.  I asked if they had any plans to fix these two stamp pads.  The answer I got was "there aren't enough complaints"!  If anyone has ever had this problem, please write in the sandbox and just maybe they will fix this.  Currently I do not recommend buying these two pad when my customers ask about them.  Just not worth the aggravation.
Jenny

Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 19:30:56 -0700
To: Canadianstarlite@
Subject: SU!: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

pricy41@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pricy41@

I too have had trouble with my gray ink pad. My first one gave uneven coverage when stamping with different stamps. So I reinked it. It wasn't any better, maybe worse. I thought it was something I did wrong, so I ordered a new one. This one is the same. I find myself avoiding using Basic Gray ink in order to avoid the challenge. 

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 9, 2014, at 9:20 PM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n14990h54@.nabble> wrote:

inkspirewithbrunie@?subject=Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: inkspirewithbrunie@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h38@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pricy Darrell, please change the email address to: pricy41@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14991.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h21@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Product Q&As, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Renee Thompson

I also avoid using basic gray for the same reason. I haven't used SU black in awhile either. I will definitely let them know too.

From: SUDSOL [Jenny Pierce] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n14994h24@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <airyelle@>
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 6:44 AM
Subject: SU!: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Canadianstarlite@msn.com?subject=RE: SU!: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Canadianstarlite@

I actually called Stampin' Up about the basic grey and black as I have had the same problem with both.  I asked if they had any plans to fix these two stamp pads.  The answer I got was "there aren't enough complaints"!  If anyone has ever had this problem, please write in the sandbox and just maybe they will fix this.  Currently I do not recommend buying these two pad when my customers ask about them.  Just not worth the aggravation.
Jenny

pricy41@?subject=Re: SU!: Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pricy41@

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 9, 2014, at 9:20 PM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Product Q&As" < ml-node+s1100894n14990h54@.nabble > wrote:

inkspirewithbrunie@ ?subject=Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: inkspirewithbrunie@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="https://" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pricy Darrell, please change the email address to: pricy41@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14991.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Pierce, please change the email address to: Canadianstarlite@msn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14994.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h84@.nabble

Renee’ Thompson www.justbecreative.stampinup.net airyelle@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Phyllis Strickland

I do not recommend any of the light neutrals.  I purchased a set as soon as they allegedly improved the Basic Black.  All the light colors were dry and they recommended re-inking and sent me one refill to test.  FYI this would have been a really bad answer to give to a customer, and in that case I would have refused this solution.   I re-inked the pad, not sure which color – sand or crumb cake.  That did not help at all.  Very poor fuzzy impression, almost like the ink was watered down and did not have enough pigment, so the water seeped into the cardstock.  Eventually they sent me a new set of neutrals – the Basic Gray and Basic Black are just as bad. 

I still am not satisfied Crumb Cake or Sahara Sand so I avoid using them.  I really can’t describe it other than to say that appears that the ink is watered down.    I really do think there is a problem with the ink pigmentation because I use another brand that gives good solid coverage even though it is a light color.

I will never understand how it can be that the Gardners own Clearsnap which makes some of the best inks, yet Stampin’ Up inks are mediocre at best. The only reason I use them is for color coordination.  And yes, I  sent many emails and posted many times in the sandbox over the years, but I don’t even bother any more.  This problem with black ink has been going on for many years and it seems that SU chooses not to fix it.

Phyllis Strickland

From: ml-node+s1100894n14996h10@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n14996h10@.nabble]

I also avoid using basic gray for the same reason. I haven't used SU black in awhile either. I will definitely let them know too.

From: SUDSOL [Jenny Pierce] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n14994h24@.nabble>

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

[Phyllis Strickland]

On Nov 9, 2014, at 9:20 PM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Product Q&As" < ml-node+s1100894n14990h54@.nabble > wrote:

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Barbara Stitt
In reply to this post by Renee Thompson

Yes, but what do you tell customers who order the whole set?  I
Am unhappy with representing and selling products we know 
Are a problem.  I love Stampin' Up products, but think sometimes
The reps are just too nonchalant about some things.  We need to
it get higher up than Demo Support, but how?

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 10, 2014, at 9:08 AM, "SUDSOL [Renee Thompson] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n14996h22@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

airyelle@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: airyelle@yahoo.com

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Canadianstarlite@

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="https://" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Pricy Darrell, please change the email address to: pricy41@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jenny Pierce, please change the email address to: Canadianstarlite@msn.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14994.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Renee Thompson, please change the email address to: airyelle@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14996.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h20@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Chris Occhipinti
In reply to this post by Brunie Quinones

I did not have any problems with the Basic Gray upon initial receipt and use, but when it required re-inking I used a newer refill and now the color is watery and splotchy.   I did report it as an FYI in case the was a bad lot of ink in the refills, but to hear that SU! doesn't think it is a problem is a bit worrisome.  <br />I tend to use a lot of Memento and Stazon now.   Early Espresso is another neutral I use frequently, I hope no one is reporting issues with that refill...<br /><br />Chris Occhipinti<br />Olympia, WA<br /><br />Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App
I did not have any problems with the Basic Gray upon initial receipt and use, but when it required re-inking I used a newer refill and now the color is watery and splotchy. I did report it as an FYI in case the was a bad lot of ink in the refills, but to hear that SU! doesn't think it is a problem is a bit worrisome.
I tend to use a lot of Memento and Stazon now. Early Espresso is another neutral I use frequently, I hope no one is reporting issues with that refill...

Chris Occhipinti
Olympia, WA

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

----- Original Message -----
To: cho1888@
Sent:Mon Nov 10 02:20:19 UTC 2014
Subject: SU!: Basic Gray Ink Pads

inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com?subject=Basic Gray Ink Pads

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h62@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Blythe Klipple
In reply to this post by Barbara Stitt

My comment is intended (for once) to go to ALL, not just Barbara.  :)

This is interesting since I have had zero problems with any of my Neutrals pads and reinkers.  Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand are just fine for me as is Smoky Slate — a go-to favorite.  Basic Gray does dries out faster, so I reink it more often!!  I use all of the other colors as well.  I do find myself reaching for the Memento or Staz-On pads instead of Basic Black though and that’s just because of the smearing on WWhite or VVanilla.  

HOW do you all apply your reinker?  Do you gently shake or roll the bottle to mix the contents before using it?  I apply the refill ink in dots all over the pad and then smooth it out with a stiff applicator such as the old Décor Elements applicator, a tupperware brown scraper thingy or a gift card/credit card.  It’s easy and efficient and I have had no problems with the pads or refills.  I use them A LOT and I purchased them shortly after they were released.  Yes, I did purchase the 5 reinkers that would not roll over from the old style pads.  And yes I do have to reink more frequently than the old style pads.  But that’s a minor time-taker when compared to how nicely the new pads stamp.

No complaints at 4500 feet where there is no strange weather, like extreme humidity or dryness.

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Mi Wuk Village CA
blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (biz)

On Nov 10, 2014, at 6:34 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n14997h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20RE:%20Re:%20Basic%20Gray%20Ink%20Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 10, 2014, at 9:08 AM, "SUDSOL [Renee Thompson] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n14996h22@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: airyelle@yahoo.com

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Renee Thompson, please change the email address to: airyelle@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14996.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h20@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14997.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h41@n5.nabble.com

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Rachel Brumley

I agree with Blythe.  I also have not had any problems with the neutrals and reindeers.  I apply the reinker just like Blythe but use the back of a plastic spoon.

No complaints here in beautiful Northwest Arkansas (land of humidity!).

Rachel Brumley
Manager, Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator
(479) 876-7453

From: "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n15004h93@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Monday, November 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
To: Class Attendees <rachelbrumley@cox.net>
Subject: SU!: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re: SU!: Re: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

This is interesting since I have had zero problems with any of my Neutrals pads and reinkers.  Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand are just fine for me as is Smoky Slate — a go-to favorite.  Basic Gray does dries out faster, so I reink it more often!!  I use all of the other colors as well.  I do find myself reaching for the Memento or Staz-On pads instead of Basic Black though and that’s just because of the smearing on WWhite or VVanilla.  

HOW do you all apply your reinker?  Do you gently shake or roll the bottle to mix the contents before using it?  I apply the refill ink in dots all over the pad and then smooth it out with a stiff applicator such as the old Décor Elements applicator, a tupperware brown scraper thingy or a gift card/credit card.  It’s easy and efficient and I have had no problems with the pads or refills.  I use them A LOT and I purchased them shortly after they were released.  Yes, I did purchase the 5 reinkers that would not roll over from the old style pads.  And yes I do have to reink more frequently than the old style pads.  But that’s a minor time-taker when compared to how nicely the new pads stamp.

No complaints at 4500 feet where there is no strange weather, like extreme humidity or dryness.

~Blythe

On Nov 10, 2014, at 6:34 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n14997h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20RE:%20Re:%20Basic%20Gray%20Ink%20Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p14997.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h41@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p15004.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h43@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

coverstonm
In reply to this post by Blythe Klipple

I'm with Blythe.  I haven't had any issues with any of the neutrals (or any other color).  I too use Memento or Staz On for black, but that's because those were my preferences before I became a Stampin' Up! demo.  The only time I got a half inked Pear Pizzazz pad, it was quickly replaced for me.  No concerns from St Peters, MO!

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n15004h79@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Re:+Re:+RE:+Re:+Basic+Gray+Ink+Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

This is interesting since I have had zero problems with any of my Neutrals pads and reinkers.  Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand are just fine for me as is Smoky Slate — a go-to favorite.  Basic Gray does dries out faster, so I reink it more often!!  I use all of the other colors as well.  I do find myself reaching for the Memento or Staz-On pads instead of Basic Black though and that’s just because of the smearing on WWhite or VVanilla.  

HOW do you all apply your reinker?  Do you gently shake or roll the bottle to mix the contents before using it?  I apply the refill ink in dots all over the pad and then smooth it out with a stiff applicator such as the old Décor Elements applicator, a tupperware brown scraper thingy or a gift card/credit card.  It’s easy and efficient and I have had no problems with the pads or refills.  I use them A LOT and I purchased them shortly after they were released.  Yes, I did purchase the 5 reinkers that would not roll over from the old style pads.  And yes I do have to reink more frequently than the old style pads.  But that’s a minor time-taker when compared to how nicely the new pads stamp.

~Blythe

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)

On Nov 10, 2014, at 6:34 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As <ml-node%2Bs1100894n14997h74@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20RE:%20Re:%20Basic%20Gray%20Ink%20Pads

Are a problem.  I love Stampin' Up products, but think sometimes
The reps are just too nonchalant about some things.  We need to

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

Has anybody had trouble with the Basic Gray ink pads?  I ordered one when they were on sale and when I stamped an image, the color was a tone of light gray and pinkish.  I called DS and they sent me a new one and this one looks just like Smoky Slate - not at all like the darker Basic Gray.  

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h41@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p15004.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n1954h29@n5.nabble.com

--
Melanie
Reply | Threaded
|

: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Emily Turner
In reply to this post by Rachel Brumley

I do the same as Blythe. I live in Central Florida where humidity is a year long problem. I don’t use Basic Black because of the problem with WW and VV card stock. I have alway used a spoon or a card from a hotel room door to spread the ink around when re-inking but it’s even more imperative with the foam pads.

Emily Marshall Turner
Stampin' Up! Independent Manager Demonstrator
407 880 6684  407 496 4060
emilystamps@me.com

On Nov 10, 2014, at 11:35 AM, SUDSOL [Rachel Brumley] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n15006h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

rachelbrumley@cox.net?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20Re:%20Re:%20RE:%20Re:%20Basic%20Gray%20Ink%20Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: rachelbrumley@cox.net

I agree with Blythe.  I also have not had any problems with the neutrals and reindeers.  I apply the reinker just like Blythe but use the back of a plastic spoon.

Rachel Brumley
Manager, Stampin’ Up! Independent Demonstrator
(479) 876-7453

From: "SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Product Q&As" <ml-node+s1100894n15004h93@n5.nabble.com>
Date: Monday, November 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM
To: Class Attendees <rachelbrumley@cox.net>

~Blythe

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h43@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Rachel Brumley, please change the email address to: rachelbrumley@cox.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Basic-Gray-Ink-Pads-tp14990p15006.html
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h97@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: : Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

Phyllis Strickland

Nope, this issue has nothing to do with re-inking the pad because I tried all recommended methods.   I literally used an entire bottle of Basic Gray refill –all that happened is that the ink pad got wetter and wetter and the resulting image looked more splotchy and watery.  I even sent photos of the various results to DS but that didn’t accomplish anything.    And they stamped poorly right out of the box which is not acceptable.

I really do think they got a bad batch of ink pads.  They replaced my set within a few months, so my replacement set was from the same batch and performed exactly the same.   I think that the supplier made a mistake or was cutting corners, not sure which.

This is the only thing that would explain why some people get good results and some people get bad results.

I did think of washing out the ink pad and re-inking with a refill just to prove my point, but I have never had time to mess with  that!! 

Phyllis

From: ml-node+s1100894n15009h13@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n15009h13@.nabble]

I do the same as Blythe. I live in Central Florida where humidity is a year long problem. I don’t use Basic Black because of the problem with WW and VV card stock. I have alway used a spoon or a card from a hotel room door to spread the ink around when re-inking but it’s even more imperative with the foam pads.

On Nov 10, 2014, at 11:35 AM, SUDSOL [Rachel Brumley] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n15006h9@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

Has anybody had trouble with the Basic Gray ink pads?  I ordered one when they were on sale and when I stamped an image, the color was a tone of light gray and pinkish.  I called DS and they sent me a new one and this one looks just like Smoky Slate - not at all

Reply | Threaded
|

Chris Occhipinti

I have re-inked many an inkpad--dye/pigment/chalk/hybrid; SU!/Memento/StazOn/Ranger/etc.  <br /><br />I have used all of the mixing and application techniques mentioned, and spread ink using a Pampered Chef scraper, a plastic spoon, even a bone folder ( which is amazingly colorful now!).<br /><br />The Basic Gray is the only one that looks horrid.   Even with a new re-inkers s meticulous application.  I will be ordering a new pad, and am hopeful it will perform better.<br /><br />Sometimes it really is the product, not the user...and of course every product can have good and bad batches.  :-)<br /><br /><br />Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App
I have re-inked many an inkpad--dye/pigment/chalk/hybrid; SU!/Memento/StazOn/Ranger/etc.

I have used all of the mixing and application techniques mentioned, and spread ink using a Pampered Chef scraper, a plastic spoon, even a bone folder ( which is amazingly colorful now!).

The Basic Gray is the only one that looks horrid. Even with a new re-inkers s meticulous application. I will be ordering a new pad, and am hopeful it will perform better.

Sometimes it really is the product, not the user...and of course every product can have good and bad batches. :-)

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

----- Original Message -----
To: cho1888@
Sent:Mon Nov 10 04:18:29 UTC 2014

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@

~Blythe

blythek@ (Sudsol) or blythe@ (biz)

On Nov 10, 2014, at 6:34 AM, SUDSOL [Barbara Stitt] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n14997h74@.nabble> wrote:

Tnstampingranny@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20RE:%20Re:%20Basic%20Gray%20Ink%20Pads
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: Tnstampingranny@

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Barbara Stitt, please change the email address to: Tnstampingranny@
To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h41@.nabble

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h62@.nabble
Reply | Threaded
|

Debbie Dutchess

I'm with Blythe. I use all of my Neutral Ink Pads, except Basic Black, a lot, and have had no issues with any of them. I too have to re-ink them often, because I use them a lot. I use a similar re-inking method as Blythe as well. Dropping dots of color over the ink pad and then working the ink into the pad using the back of a plastic spoon. Works like a dream!

Debbie Dutchess
Carmel, In

-----Original Message-----
From: SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Product Q&As <ml-node+s1100894n15004h63@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <DeeLeeD@>
Sent: Mon, Nov 10, 2014 11:16 am

~Blythe

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, <a href="https://"; rel="nofollow" target="_blank">click here.

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h13@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Re: RE: Re: Basic Gray Ink Pads

donnab07

I haven’t had any problems with my neutral ink pads, either.  I have not used Basic Black on WW or VV cardstock forever, instead rely on Black Stazon or Memento ink for those cardstocks.

Donna

From: ml-node+s1100894n15004h66@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n15004h66@.nabble]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 8:16 AM
To: SUDSOL Group

blythek@mac.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20Re:%20RE:%20Re:%20Basic%20Gray%20Ink%20Pads

~Blythe

Sent from my iPad

Jenny

Sent from my iPad

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml-node+s1100894n1954h16@n5.nabble.com