Banner Blooms dies

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Banner Blooms dies

Cathy Styons
I've seen lots of samples using the Banner Blooms dies showing the banner portion either in a different color cardstock or used separately from the rest of the die.  I can't for the life of me understand why there aren't dies for just the banners.  I believe the video on the SU website says to snip them out which I have tried but they still have rough edges where the "snips" occurred.  This process would not be successful in a class.  Has anyone figured out a better way to do this so the edges are smooth and even?
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: Banner Blooms dies

Phyllis Strickland

This is exactly why I struck it off my order at the last minute and got something else.  When I enlarged that area to see how to cut the banner, I didn’t see an easy way to do it.  Not only that,  it’s very much a one trick pony, and I try to avoid that kind of bundle.  it could have been better if it had banner dies or at least worked with some other die set.  I know this doesn’t help you since you already bought it, but might make others think twice.  There are a number  of bundles that are more versatile.  The only other bundle that might beat this for poor value and lack of versatility is blossoms in bloom 

Phyllis Strickland
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 5, 2020, at 1:07 PM, SUDSOL [Cathy Styons] via Product Q&As <ml+s1100894n54334h88@.nabble> wrote:

I've seen lots of samples using the Banner Blooms dies showing the banner portion either in a different color cardstock or used separately from the rest of the die.  I can't for the life of me understand why there aren't dies for just the banners.  I believe the video on the SU website says to snip them out which I have tried but they still have rough edges where the "snips" occurred.  This process would not be successful in a class.  Has anyone figured out a better way to do this so the edges are smooth and even?