Bags in Shipping Orders

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bags in Shipping Orders

joyce pacer
I am concerned about the announcement that after this month or until supplies last, no longer will bags for our customer's orders be in the shipment.  Now, they charge $6.95 for shipping or 10% for orders over $69.  I would think that would cover the cost of the bags.  We as demonstrators are to purchase bags if we want them for our customer orders.  This does not seem right and I wonder if SU has thought this through.

It sure is going to look tacky when we pack our customer orders in Walmart bags.  It looks tacky on the company.  What is the reasoning behind this?  It is good that the bags will be a little stronger, but just what does this high Shipping and handling cost cover?  This cost is more expensive that many of the other companies.  Most companies lower the shipping cost on large orders of $50 or more.  I have customers placing orders of around $100 and they are still hit with the 10% shipping.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders

Nola Burkhard

Boy, I am not happy about this either. I am proud to give my customers their order in a SU! Bag. Not a bag from a Michaels or Joann’s.
Sandbox time!!!
Nola

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 7, 2018, at 9:09 AM, SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45082h18@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Bags in Shipping Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

I am concerned about the announcement that after this month or until supplies last, no longer will bags for our customer's orders be in the shipment.  Now, they charge $6.95 for shipping or 10% for orders over $69.  I would think that would cover the cost of the bags.  We as demonstrators are to purchase bags if we want them for our customer orders.  This does not seem right and I wonder if SU has thought this through.

It sure is going to look tacky when we pack our customer orders in Walmart bags.  It looks tacky on the company.  What is the reasoning behind this?  It is good that the bags will be a little stronger, but just what does this high Shipping and handling cost cover?  This cost is more expensive that many of the other companies.  Most companies lower the shipping cost on large orders of $50 or more.  I have customers placing orders of around $100 and they are still hit with the 10% shipping.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h69@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Libby Dyson
In reply to this post by joyce pacer

Many countries now are eliminating single use bags due to huge environmental impacts. I have mostly an online business so it doesn't impact on my business. Maybe a way around it would be to use the SU bags as a gift with purchase and ask customers to return the bag to you for packing of their next order. Thst way you're not paying out and you csn tell your customers they are helping the environment.  

On Thu, 8 Nov. 2018, 5:09 am SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45082h19@n7.nabble.com wrote:
joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@comcast.net

I am concerned about the announcement that after this month or until supplies last, no longer will bags for our customer's orders be in the shipment.  Now, they charge $6.95 for shipping or 10% for orders over $69.  I would think that would cover the cost of the bags.  We as demonstrators are to purchase bags if we want them for our customer orders.  This does not seem right and I wonder if SU has thought this through.

It sure is going to look tacky when we pack our customer orders in Walmart bags.  It looks tacky on the company.  What is the reasoning behind this?  It is good that the bags will be a little stronger, but just what does this high Shipping and handling cost cover?  This cost is more expensive that many of the other companies.  Most companies lower the shipping cost on large orders of $50 or more.  I have customers placing orders of around $100 and they are still hit with the 10% shipping.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Steele

This was in the weekly update of Oct. 31: 

Stampin’ Up! Plastic Logo Sacks

A few months ago, we let you know we were re-evaluating our use of plastic logo sacks. We have come to a decision and our new logo bags are almost ready!

The new bags will be made of a thicker, more durable material and will meet updated standards for plastic bags around the world. We anticipate these new Stampin’ Up!-branded heavyweight bags will be available on December 1, 2018. As we transition to the new bags, please note that 3-packs of logo sacks will no longer be included in workshop orders after November 30, 2018—or our inventory has been depleted. Demonstrators who wish to use the new bags may purchase them as a supply item ($2.00 USD/$3.00 CAD per pack of 10).

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45084h60@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
libby.dyson5@gmail.com?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@gmail.com

Many countries now are eliminating single use bags due to huge environmental impacts. I have mostly an online business so it doesn't impact on my business. Maybe a way around it would be to use the SU bags as a gift with purchase and ask customers to return the bag to you for packing of their next order. Thst way you're not paying out and you csn tell your customers they are helping the environment.

On Thu, 8 Nov. 2018, 5:09 am SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n45082h19@n7.nabble.com wrote:
joycepacer@...?subject=Bags+in+Shipping+Orders

I am concerned about the announcement that after this month or until supplies last, no longer will bags for our customer's orders be in the shipment. Now, they charge $6.95 for shipping or 10% for orders over $69. I would think that would cover the cost of the bags. We as demonstrators are to purchase bags if we want them for our customer orders. This does not seem right and I wonder if SU has thought this through.

It sure is going to look tacky when we pack our customer orders in Walmart bags. It looks tacky on the company. What is the reasoning behind this? It is good that the bags will be a little stronger, but just what does this high Shipping and handling cost cover? This cost is more expensive that many of the other companies. Most companies lower the shipping cost on large orders of $50 or more. I have customers placing orders of around $100 and they are still hit with the 10% shipping.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h70@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45084.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h49@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
Visit my blog at:

Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cathiespage
Visit my blog at:
http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cathiespage/blog

Reply | Threaded
|

joyce pacer

Yes, I read that.  I assume that after they run out, we as demonstrators we have to purchase the bags to place our orders in.  Am I wrong on this?  Will they start putting the new bags in with the orders when they run out of the old ones?

On November 7, 2018 at 2:15 PM "SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45085h49@.nabble> wrote:

cmsteele17@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmsteele17@

A few months ago, we let you know we were re-evaluating our use of plastic logo sacks. We have come to a decision and our new logo bags are almost ready!

The new bags will be made of a thicker, more durable material and will meet updated standards for plastic bags around the world. We anticipate these new Stampin’ Up!-branded heavyweight bags will be available on December 1, 2018. As we transition to the new bags, please note that 3-packs of logo sacks will no longer be included in workshop orders after November 30, 2018—or our inventory has been depleted. Demonstrators who wish to use the new bags may purchase them as a supply item ($2.00 USD/$3.00 CAD per pack of 10).

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n45084h60@.nabble > wrote:
libby.dyson5@?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@

On Thu, 8 Nov. 2018, 5:09 am SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n45082h19@.nabble wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@

I am concerned about the announcement that after this month or until supplies last, no longer will bags for our customer's orders be in the shipment. Now, they charge $6.95 for shipping or 10% for orders over $69. I would think that would cover the cost of the bags. We as demonstrators are to purchase bags if we want them for our customer orders. This does not seem right and I wonder if SU has thought this through.

It sure is going to look tacky when we pack our customer orders in Walmart bags. It looks tacky on the company. What is the reasoning behind this? It is good that the bags will be a little stronger, but just what does this high Shipping and handling cost cover? This cost is more expensive that many of the other companies. Most companies lower the shipping cost on large orders of $50 or more. I have customers placing orders of around $100 and they are still hit with the 10% shipping.
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h70@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45084.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h49@.nabble

--

Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Steele, please change the email address to: cmsteele17@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45085.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat
Reply | Threaded
|

Catherine Steele

I did check with demo support and after the current supply is gone they will no longer be putting bags in our orders.  So after that or Dec 1st,  it means that we will have to purchase the bags to put our customer orders in.  At $2.00 for 10 bags it does seem reasonable to me.  
Hope that helps.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45086h22@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
joycepacer@comcast.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders

Yes, I read that.  I assume that after they run out, we as demonstrators we have to purchase the bags to place our orders in.  Am I wrong on this?  Will they start putting the new bags in with the orders when they run out of the old ones?

On November 7, 2018 at 2:15 PM "SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45085h49@.nabble> wrote:

cmsteele17@...?subject=Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmsteele17@

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk < ml%2Bs1100894n45084h60@.nabble > wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: libby.dyson5@

On Thu, 8 Nov. 2018, 5:09 am SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk < ml%252Bs1100894n45082h19@.nabble wrote:
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: joycepacer@

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email address to: joycepacer@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email address to: libby.dyson5@

--

Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Steele, please change the email address to: cmsteele17@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45085.html
Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45086.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h49@n7.nabble.com

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Visit my blog at:

Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Visit my blog at:

Reply | Threaded
|

Lisa Miller

Am I missing something?  Yes that does seem reasonably priced.  However if there is a workshop order with 5 orders shipped direct to the hostess how will the bags work?   I would be embarrassed to ask a hostess to put them in some store’s bag and to make matters worse what if those bags are nasty?  I know my kids have put away wet bags with milk residue in them and yikes!  I do understand the dilemma SU is facing with the environment.  But can’t we meet in the middle somehow?  

Or are we supposed to know how many bags the hostess will need and give them to her at closing.   But I’d hats done over the phone (typically my situation).  

Just my two cents.  

Lisa Miller
<a href="tel:210.499.1195" dir="ltr" x-apple-data-detectors="true" x-apple-data-detectors-type="telephone" x-apple-data-detectors-result="0/1" style="-webkit-text-decoration-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.258824); caret-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">210.499.1195
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Your personal CARDiologist  ♥  

On Nov 7, 2018, at 3:17 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45088h97@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

cmsteele17@gmail.com?subject=Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: cmsteele17@gmail.com

I did check with demo support and after the current supply is gone they will no longer be putting bags in our orders. So after that or Dec 1st, it means that we will have to purchase the bags to put our customer orders in. At $2.00 for 10 bags it does seem reasonable to me.
Hope that helps.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45086h22@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

Yes, I read that. I assume that after they run out, we as demonstrators we have to purchase the bags to place our orders in. Am I wrong on this? Will they start putting the new bags in with the orders when they run out of the old ones?

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

--

Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45086.html

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Visit my blog at:

This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45088.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@n7.nabble.com
Lisa Miller 210.499.1195 Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Jennie Dietrich

Lisa, 

I agree, how do we get bags to a hostess which has guests add to her party total after the party is over... Leave her with extra bags??

Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

From: SUDSOL [Lisa Miller] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45089h91@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <pfun_stampin@>
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:01 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders

lisamiller1986@yahoo.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Bags%20in%20Shipping%20Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lisamiller1986@

Am I missing something?  Yes that does seem reasonably priced.  However if there is a workshop order with 5 orders shipped direct to the hostess how will the bags work?   I would be embarrassed to ask a hostess to put them in some store’s bag and to make matters worse what if those bags are nasty?  I know my kids have put away wet bags with milk residue in them and yikes!  I do understand the dilemma SU is facing with the environment.  But can’t we meet in the middle somehow?  

Or are we supposed to know how many bags the hostess will need and give them to her at closing.   But I’d hats done over the phone (typically my situation).  

Just my two cents.  

Lisa Miller

On Nov 7, 2018, at 3:17 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n45088h97@.nabble > wrote:

cmsteele17@?subject=Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders

I did check with demo support and after the current supply is gone they will no longer be putting bags in our orders. So after that or Dec 1st, it means that we will have to purchase the bags to put our customer orders in. At $2.00 for 10 bags it does seem reasonable to me.
Hope that helps.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45086h22@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Yes, I read that. I assume that after they run out, we as demonstrators we have to purchase the bags to place our orders in. Am I wrong on this? Will they start putting the new bags in with the orders when they run out of the old ones?

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Visit my blog at:
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Steele, please change the email address to: cmsteele17@
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45088.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lisa Miller, please change the email address to: lisamiller1986@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45089.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

Jennie Dietrich
Mom
Reply | Threaded
|

Cindy Hills

We would have to have 2 bags for every person.  How are they going to get the bag back to us for their next order?

When we go to a store they bag our items at no extra charge.  So why is SU making us buy bags???

Cindy Hills

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:11 AM SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Business Talk <ml%2Bs1100894n45097h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

Lisa, 

I agree, how do we get bags to a hostess which has guests add to her party total after the party is over... Leave her with extra bags??

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

From: SUDSOL [Lisa Miller] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45089h91@.nabble>
To: SUDSOL Group <pfun_stampin@>
Sent: Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:01 PM

lisamiller1986@...?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Bags%20in%20Shipping%20Orders
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lisamiller1986@

Am I missing something?  Yes that does seem reasonably priced.  However if there is a workshop order with 5 orders shipped direct to the hostess how will the bags work?   I would be embarrassed to ask a hostess to put them in some store’s bag and to make matters worse what if those bags are nasty?  I know my kids have put away wet bags with milk residue in them and yikes!  I do understand the dilemma SU is facing with the environment.  But can’t we meet in the middle somehow?  

Just my two cents.  

Lisa Miller

On Nov 7, 2018, at 3:17 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business Talk < ml+s1100894n45088h97@.nabble > wrote:

cmsteele17@?subject=Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders

Hope that helps.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <ml%252Bs1100894n45086h22@n7.nabble.com > wrote:

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

Joyce Pacer
Business Chat

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h49@n7.nabble.com

--
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@gmail.com
Visit my blog at:
Catherine Steele
Pinetop, AZ
cmsteele17@
Visit my blog at:

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Steele, please change the email address to: cmsteele17@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h62@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lisa Miller, please change the email address to: lisamiller1986@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45089.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

Jennie Dietrich
Mom

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jennie Dietrich, please change the email address to: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45097.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h29@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Julie Brooks

Actually, MANY stores are charging for bags, if you do not bring your own. It is the future.

~Julie Brooks

-------- Original message --------
From: "SUDSOL [Cindy Hills] via Business Talk" <ml+s1100894n45099h56@.nabble>
Date: 11/8/18 7:51 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: SUDSOL Group <brooks1986@>

If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email address to: cindy.hills62@
If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members.

When we go to a store they bag our items at no extra charge.  So why is SU
making us buy bags???

Cindy Hills

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 9:11 AM SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Business Talk <
ml+s1100894n45097h43@.nabble> wrote:

> Click here to reply directly to Jennie Dietrich privately at
> pfun_stampin@
> <pfun_stampin@?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders>
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members, unless you change the To: email address to the author:
> pfun_stampin@
> ------------------------------
>
> Lisa,
>
> I agree, how do we get bags to a hostess which has guests add to her party
> total after the party is over... Leave her with extra bags??
>
> Jennie Dietrich
> Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
> http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
> pfun_stampin@
> Mom
>
>
> *From:* SUDSOL [Lisa Miller] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n45089h91@
> .nabble>
> *To:* SUDSOL Group <pfun_stampin@>
> *Sent:* Wednesday, November 7, 2018 5:01 PM
> *Subject:* Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders
>
> lisamiller1986@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Bags%20in%20Shipping%20Orders
> lisamiller1986@
>
> Am I missing something?  Yes that does seem reasonably priced.  However if
> there is a workshop order with 5 orders shipped direct to the hostess how
> will the bags work?   I would be embarrassed to ask a hostess to put them
> in some store’s bag and to make matters worse what if those bags are
> nasty?  I know my kids have put away wet bags with milk residue in them and
> yikes!  I do understand the dilemma SU is facing with the environment.  But
> can’t we meet in the middle somehow?
>
> Or are we supposed to know how many bags the hostess will need and give
> them to her at closing.   But I’d hats done over the phone (typically my
> situation).
>
> Just my two cents.
>
> Lisa Miller
>
>
> On Nov 7, 2018, at 3:17 PM, SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business Talk <
> ml+s1100894n45088h97@.nabble > wrote:
>
> cmsteele17@?subject=Re: SU!: Bags in Shipping Orders
> cmsteele17@
>
> I did check with demo support and after the current supply is gone they
> will no longer be putting bags in our orders. So after that or Dec 1st, it
> means that we will have to purchase the bags to put our customer orders in.
> At $2.00 for 10 bags it does seem reasonable to me.
> Hope that helps.
>
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk <
> ml%2Bs1100894n45086h22@.nabble > wrote:
>
> joycepacer@?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
> joycepacer@
>
> Yes, I read that. I assume that after they run out, we as demonstrators we
> have to purchase the bags to place our orders in. Am I wrong on this? Will
> they start putting the new bags in with the orders when they run out of the
> old ones?
>
> On November 7, 2018 at 2:15 PM "SUDSOL [Catherine Steele] via Business
> Talk" <ml+s1100894n45085h49@.nabble> wrote:
>
> cmsteele17@...?subject=Re <http://cmsteele17@/?subject=Re>: SU!:
> Bags in Shipping Orders
> cmsteele17@
>
>
> This was in the weekly update of Oct. 31:
>
> Stampin’ Up! Plastic Logo Sacks
> A few months ago, we let you know we were re-evaluating our use of plastic
> logo sacks. We have come to a decision and our new logo bags are almost
> ready!
> The new bags will be made of a thicker, more durable material and will
> meet updated standards for plastic bags around the world. We anticipate
> these new Stampin’ Up!-branded heavyweight bags will be available on
> December 1, 2018. As we transition to the new bags, please note that
> 3-packs of logo sacks will no longer be included in workshop orders after
> November 30, 2018—or our inventory has been depleted. Demonstrators who
> wish to use the new bags may purchase them as a supply item ($2.00
> USD/$3.00 CAD per pack of 10).
>
> On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM SUDSOL [Libby Dyson] via Business Talk <
> ml%2Bs1100894n45084h60@.nabble > wrote:
>
> libby.dyson5@?subject=Re:+SU!:+Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
> libby.dyson5@
>
>
> Many countries now are eliminating single use bags due to huge
> environmental impacts. I have mostly an online business so it doesn't
> impact on my business. Maybe a way around it would be to use the SU bags as
> a gift with purchase and ask customers to return the bag to you for packing
> of their next order. Thst way you're not paying out and you csn tell your
> customers they are helping the environment.
>
> On Thu, 8 Nov. 2018, 5:09 am SUDSOL [joyce pacer] via Business Talk < ml%
> 252Bs1100894n45082h19@.nabble wrote:
> joycepacer@...?subject=Bags+in+Shipping+Orders
> <http://joycepacer@/?subject=Bags+in+Shipping+Orders>
> joycepacer@
> I am concerned about the announcement that after this month or until
> supplies last, no longer will bags for our customer's orders be in the
> shipment. Now, they charge $6.95 for shipping or 10% for orders over $69. I
> would think that would cover the cost of the bags. We as demonstrators are
> to purchase bags if we want them for our customer orders. This does not
> seem right and I wonder if SU has thought this through.
>
> It sure is going to look tacky when we pack our customer orders in Walmart
> bags. It looks tacky on the company. What is the reasoning behind this? It
> is good that the bags will be a little stronger, but just what does this
> high Shipping and handling cost cover? This cost is more expensive that
> many of the other companies. Most companies lower the shipping cost on
> large orders of $50 or more. I have customers placing orders of around $100
> and they are still hit with the 10% shipping.
> Joyce Pacer
> Business Chat
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email
> address to: joycepacer@
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%252Bs1100894n3h70@
> .nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Libby Dyson, please change the email
> address to: libby.dyson5@
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45084.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml%2Bs1100894n3h49@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
>
>
>
> --
> Catherine Steele
> Pinetop, AZ
> cmsteele17@
> Stampin' Up! Independent Demonstrator
> http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cathiespage
> Visit my blog at:
> http://catherinescreativecards.blogspot.com/
> http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/cathiespage/blog
>
> Catherine Steele
> Pinetop, AZ
> cmsteele17@
> Visit my blog at:
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Catherine Steele, please change the
> email address to: cmsteele17@
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45085.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h7@.nabble
> Joyce Pacer
> Business Chat
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to joyce pacer, please change the email
> address to: joycepacer@
> http://forum.sudsol.org/Bags-in-Shipping-Orders-tp45082p45086.html
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml%2Bs1100894n3h49@.nabble
>
>
>
> --
> Catherine Steele
> Pinetop, AZ
> cmsteele17@
> Visit my blog at:
> http://catherinescreativecards.blogspot.com/