classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Art Project Ideas

Charlotte Lindmeier
Our question this week is:
Are you making any art projects with your SU materials other than cards and scrapbooks?  Will you share your ideas?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Art Project Ideas

grantj

Not sure what you mean by “art” projects. I’ve made a collage frame for my principal and we’re planning some kinds of welcome back thing for the first day of school for the staff (35 people). Any & all ideas accepted. And no, we don’t know what we want to do. Some kind of treat, not a school supply.           

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@comcast.net

On Jul 29, 2019, at 7:24 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49190h89@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Art Project Ideas
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Are you making any art projects with your SU materials other than cards and scrapbooks?  Will you share your ideas?

Participate and you could win one FREE week of SUDSOL. OR you could play Bingo with a chance of winning FREE time there as well. Send your answers by Sunday morning.
Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Art Project Ideas

Sandy England
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

Yes I have made several 12 by 12 Samplers for each holiday during the year. As well as framed Snowman out of glitter paper in an 8 by 10 frame. 
I also have decorated glass jars and filled with Christmas candy  for my customers and special notebooks with their names on the front cover. 
And for years we have made calendars for Christmas gifts   
Many if these items can be seen on Pinterest under Sandy England Stampin Stampede b
Thanks Sandy

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 29, 2019, at 8:24 PM, SUDSOL [Charlotte Lindmeier] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49190h89@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

clindmeier@windstream.net?subject=Art Project Ideas
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: clindmeier@windstream.net

Charlotte Lindmeier
Question of the Week

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Charlotte Lindmeier, please change the email address to: clindmeier@windstream.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h92@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Sandy England
Reply | Threaded
|

Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

grantj
In reply to this post by Charlotte Lindmeier

https://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2019/07/30/clearsnap-closing-down-operations/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ScrapbookUpdate+%28Scrapbook+Update%29

Sent from my iPad
Jan Grant
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860
revjanstamps@comcast.net
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

Lois Folla

When Shelli shared Sterling was buying this company, and it would have nothing to do with SU! Except they would advertise projects using SU! and would try to move customers to SU! But I won’t worry about it effecting SU! less to purchase in big box stores, is better for us. We do have the best inks and papers….

Just my 2 cents 😊

Lois Folla, Independent Stampin' Up! Manager

Paper Craft Classes/Clubs/Parties & More Available 

Phone: 732-598-5026

Calendar of Events:  www.LoisFolla.Stampinup.net 

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Love It. Live It. Share It 

From: ml+s1100894n49205h71@.nabble <ml+s1100894n49205h71@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 7:50 AM
To: SUDSOL Group <lois@>
Subject: SU!: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Wonder%20if%20there%20are%20implications%20for%20SU!?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

https://www.scrapbookupdate.com/2019/07/30/clearsnap-closing-down-operations/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ScrapbookUpdate+%28Scrapbook+Update%29

Sent from my iPad

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL

(217) 415-1860

revjanstamps@comcast.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190p49205.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h9@n7.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

Phyllis Strickland

Actually this is not a good thing for the craft industry when an established innovative company goes out of business.  It is a sign that the industry is not doing well and that is not a good thing for us. 

It is not likely this will help your SU business since they manufactured high quality pigment, chalk and dye inks and were known for their cat eye and petal point ink pads. SU has nothing that remotely compares to this.  Other companies do have hydrid and other multi-surface inks that are far superior to SU and offer the cat eye pads and ink cubes.  During the back orders and color update  I have lost a number of customers to other companies that offer better color coordination and cost effective coordinating sets of ink cubes (Altenew, Lawn Fawn,  hero arts, to name a few.). People now seem to prefer coordinated ink cubes so they have colors that work well together and can afford more colors. Those companies also seem to be more able to always be immediately on trend with colors.  it is more affordable to keep up with the trends. 

It’s hard to compete with the well known innovative professional You Tubers who have access to the latest and greatest innovations and trends while we wait years for SU to catch up and also have time and resources to make videos constantly with products provided to them. 

Phyllis 

On Aug 1, 2019, at 1:11 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49230h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=RE: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

When Shelli shared Sterling was buying this company, and it would have nothing to do with SU! Except they would advertise projects using SU! and would try to move customers to SU! But I won’t worry about it effecting SU! less to purchase in big box stores, is better for us. We do have the best inks and papers….

Just my 2 cents 😊

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=Wonder%20if%20there%20are%20implications%20for%20SU!?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@comcast.net

Sent from my iPad

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL

(217) 415-1860

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190p49205.html

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190p49230.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

Lois Folla

I do hear what you are saying Phyllis and you are right, it will hurt the industry the article stated that, and it’s true. But the question was will it hurt SU! We never offered those items and while some gravitated to them, there were still SU! customers who swear by our card stock, inks, dsp, ribbons etc. I’m not disagreeing with you but looking at it in a different view.

Other companies have always been out there vs SU! that will never change, SU! does not have everything… I wish our stamps would have the labels printed on them, that is a huge disadvantage! We also lost a lot who would only buy wood stamps.

Seeing the new generation coming up, they are not into crafts like the past 20 – 25 years. They are minimalist. They are clean lined… nothing wrong with that, but they don’t buy and hoard crafting supplies. Those days are gone for the most part. And that is not a bad thing…. But it’s a bad thing for the industry.

Since I’m moving I’ve been going through old magazines and so much is out dated, companies don’t offer what they did, craft projects aren’t being created that way any longer.

But as per the question, yes, the ‘outside craft word is shrinking’ and that is not a positive, but SU! is still gone on for now.

Great for folks to share what they think so we all can see the different ways of thinking about a topic… Thanks for sharing Phyllis!

Lois Folla

From: ml+s1100894n49232h8@.nabble <ml+s1100894n49232h8@.nabble>
Sent: Thursday, August 1, 2019 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: SU!: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

pstrickland@me.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Wonder%20if%20there%20are%20implications%20for%20SU!?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pstrickland@me.com

Actually this is not a good thing for the craft industry when an established innovative company goes out of business.  It is a sign that the industry is not doing well and that is not a good thing for us. 

It is not likely this will help your SU business since they manufactured high quality pigment, chalk and dye inks and were known for their cat eye and petal point ink pads. SU has nothing that remotely compares to this.  Other companies do have hydrid and other multi-surface inks that are far superior to SU and offer the cat eye pads and ink cubes.  During the back orders and color update  I have lost a number of customers to other companies that offer better color coordination and cost effective coordinating sets of ink cubes (Altenew, Lawn Fawn,  hero arts, to name a few.). People now seem to prefer coordinated ink cubes so they have colors that work well together and can afford more colors. Those companies also seem to be more able to always be immediately on trend with colors.  it is more affordable to keep up with the trends. 

It’s hard to compete with the well known innovative professional You Tubers who have access to the latest and greatest innovations and trends while we wait years for SU to catch up and also have time and resources to make videos constantly with products provided to them. 

Phyllis 

On Aug 1, 2019, at 1:11 PM, SUDSOL [Lois Folla] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n49230h64@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

lois@stampinpress.com?subject=RE: Wonder if there are implications for SU!?

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: lois@stampinpress.com

Just my 2 cents 😊

Shop Online Anytime  

Stay Connected:

My Blogwww.LoisFolla.com

Pinterest

Facebook

Sent from my iPad

Jan Grant

Springfield, IL

(217) 415-1860

revjanstamps@comcast.net

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Lois Folla, please change the email address to: lois@stampinpress.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190p49230.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h27@n7.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Phyllis Strickland, please change the email address to: pstrickland@me.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Art-Project-Ideas-tp49190p49232.html