Arkon video bits and pieces

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Arkon video bits and pieces

Blythe Klipple

Those of you who use the Arkon video set up what pieces have you purchased?  I’m ready to move but not sure in what direction.  I’ll have a lap top and an iPhone, no tablet/iPad.  Is the 3-in-one Bundle overkill or just what I need?  I’ve just got my space reorganized and now I’m ready to go.  My 12 year old film master grandson is going to be my partner.  Go figure!

Many thanks for your tips.  I’m excited!

~Blythe

Blythe Klipple, Boise ID

blythek@mac.com (Sudsol) blythe@StampingWithBlythe.com (my biz)
Blog:  http://www.StampingWithBlythe.com
SU! Web:  http://www.BlytheStamps.stampinup.net

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Arkon video bits and pieces

Sue Erickson

Hi Blythe,
I got all three but only use the stand. My iPad is in a case that does not fit the holder. I found the circle light does not provide enough light to light up your face unless ypu are very close to your phone. It might increase the light on your work surface though. I just thought of that now. I’ll have to try it. I like the idea of having my iPad directly in front of me on the Arkon stand so I could see comments without looking to the side but I don’t want to take my iPad repeatedly in and out of the case. I have yet to figure out how to consistently use my iPad to monitor comments as I am recording anyway. Since you don’t have an iPad you don’t need that holder.

It’s great that you are moving forward in this direction. Best of luck.
Sue Erickson

On Feb 5, 2021, at 4:47 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57415h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Arkon%20video%20bits%20and%20pieces
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

Those of you who use the Arkon video set up what pieces have you purchased?  I’m ready to move but not sure in what direction.  I’ll have a lap top and an iPhone, no tablet/iPad.  Is the 3-in-one Bundle overkill or just what I need?  I’ve just got my space reorganized and now I’m ready to go.  My 12 year old film master grandson is going to be my partner.  Go figure!

Blythe Klipple, UPDATES/FAQ COORDINATOR

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Blythe Klipple, please change the email address to: blythek@mac.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Arkon-video-bits-and-pieces-tp57415.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, ml+s1100894n3h71@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Arkon video bits and pieces

Phyllis Strickland

I agree with Sue.  I bought the 3-in-1 because Janet wakeland and others recommend it.  It probably ups their affiliate income to recommend it.   But for me,  it was a waste of money.  The light is worthless - it does nothing of value.  You can’t put it where you need light.   Use that money to get some actual lights.   I have an iPad Pro with a case so I have the same issue with the mount.  Maybe those ppl don’t use the iPad for anything else or they have 2 iPads or don’t protect it in a case,  so the mount works for them.  

I suspect there are better stands out there for a better price,  but since you can’t compare them in a store,  you have go on other people’s recommendations.  I think the parts cant be tightened as well as as expected and I won’t be surprised if they wear out in a couple years.  IMHO the quality is over-hyped since some of the promoters are paid shills.

Phyllis Strickland
Pstrickland@
484-354-6395
Sent from my iPad

On Feb 5, 2021, at 8:14 PM, SUDSOL [Sue Erickson] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57416h30@.nabble> wrote:

sue@soggystamper.com?subject=Re: SU!: Arkon video bits and pieces
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: sue@

Hi Blythe,
I got all three but only use the stand. My iPad is in a case that does not fit the holder. I found the circle light does not provide enough light to light up your face unless ypu are very close to your phone. It might increase the light on your work surface though. I just thought of that now. I’ll have to try it. I like the idea of having my iPad directly in front of me on the Arkon stand so I could see comments without looking to the side but I don’t want to take my iPad repeatedly in and out of the case. I have yet to figure out how to consistently use my iPad to monitor comments as I am recording anyway. Since you don’t have an iPad you don’t need that holderommendations,

It’s great that you are moving forward in this direction. Best of luck.
Sue Erickson

On Feb 5, 2021, at 4:47 PM, SUDSOL [Blythe Klipple] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n57415h43@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

blythek@mac.com?subject=Arkon%20video%20bits%20and%20pieces
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: blythek@mac.com

~Blythe