All day stamp event

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

All day stamp event

BarbB
Hi ladies!! I have been asked to help at a  scrapbooking event to raise money for the March of Dimes. Most will be scrapbooking but some of my card making ladies want to come make cards. This is an all day event 9-5 including light breakfast and lunch. I have 8 ladies signed up to make cards. They are going to have to sit at one seat and sit there the whole day (oh!! I will let them get up for potty break :) what I mean is I can't set up stations because there is not room to do that. I was planning to make up packets for each person with all their supplies in it. I will have individual boxes with stamps, ink, punches  for each card they will be making.  I was figuring to have 2 people per box. When they got done they pass the box to the next 2 ladies to work from. All of these 8 ladies have made cards before.
Does this sound right to you all?? I am not sure what I am doing. One of my big problems is how many cards I need to fill their day? I was thinking of doing 3 of each card but how many sets of 3's do you think I might need? I understand that lunch and snack breakfast will take up an hour. But that still gives them 6-7 hours of card making. Anyone have any ideas of about how many i will need? I don't think I can demonstrate a technique to take up some time,  because the room will be full of scrapbookers.  Thanks for any help. As you can see I am struggling with this. Please, tell me if you think I am doing something wrong or how to make this go more smoothly. I am open for any and all suggestions.

Sorry for the long email. Thanks in advance

Barb
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: All day stamp event

CarolMatthews

Barb I think the way you have it organized sounds great. Perhaps you could choose cards that require colouring or lots of punching to take up more time. I do classes of eight cards - two different designs, so they make four of each, and it only takes about 1 1/2 hours. But I make sure the cards are quick and easy. Throw in some fussy cutting too! :) Good Luck!

Carol

Carol Matthews

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Nova Scotia, Canada

902-893-3885

carolmatthews@.sympatico

Shop: www.attherookery.stampinup.net

Blog: www.creatingwithcarol.com

East Coast Stampin' Blog: www.eastcoaststampin.blogspot.ca

From: ml-node+s1100894n19388h83@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19388h83@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:46 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: All day stamp event

iscrap2@verizon.net?subject=All%20day%20stamp%20event

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: iscrap2@verizon.net

Hi ladies!! I have been asked to help at a  scrapbooking event to raise money for the March of Dimes. Most will be scrapbooking but some of my card making ladies want to come make cards. This is an all day event 9-5 including light breakfast and lunch. I have 8 ladies signed up to make cards. They are going to have to sit at one seat and sit there the whole day (oh!! I will let them get up for potty break :) what I mean is I can't set up stations because there is not room to do that. I was planning to make up packets for each person with all their supplies in it. I will have individual boxes with stamps, ink, punches  for each card they will be making.  I was figuring to have 2 people per box. When they got done they pass the box to the next 2 ladies to work from. All of these 8 ladies have made cards before.
Does this sound right to you all?? I am not sure what I am doing. One of my big problems is how many cards I need to fill their day? I was thinking of doing 3 of each card but how many sets of 3's do you think I might need? I understand that lunch and snack breakfast will take up an hour. But that still gives them 6-7 hours of card making. Anyone have any ideas of about how many i will need? I don't think I can demonstrate a technique to take up some time,  because the room will be full of scrapbookers.  Thanks for any help. As you can see I am struggling with this. Please, tell me if you think I am doing something wrong or how to make this go more smoothly. I am open for any and all suggestions.

Barb

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Baynardb, please change the email address to: iscrap2@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/All-day-stamp-event-tp19388.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h48@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: All day stamp event

Jeanne Moss
In reply to this post by BarbB

Could you have an extra table for a Big Shot "station"?  Then, incorporate lots of embossing and cutting into the cards.  This will take up some time, and also allow them to get up occasionally.

Also, add in some paper piercing!  This will also take up some of the extra time.  

Someone else suggested adding in some fussy cutting, too.

When I do my classes, I have each project in a box, and they pass the boxes around, like you suggested.  It works pretty well for me.  It helps if you have more boxes than groups of people, so if one group finishes quickly there's another project for them to go to.  Just make sure you get those extra boxes into play, so everyone doesn't end up needing to do the same box at the end.

Have fun!

Jeanne Moss
526 Langley Trace
Elizabethtown, KY  42701
jeanne.moss@live.com

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 14, 2015, at 7:46 AM, SUDSOL [Baynardb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19388h69@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

iscrap2@verizon.net?subject=All day stamp event
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: iscrap2@verizon.net

Barb

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Baynardb, please change the email address to: iscrap2@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/All-day-stamp-event-tp19388.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h34@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: All day stamp event

Coleen Astalos

I think you can figure about 3 unique cards per hour for a customer.  But multiples of the same card would be more like 4-5 of the same card per hour.    Don't feel like you have to "pack it in", some of this type of an event is relaxing and socializing too.

The "passing" idea works well, but realize that one person may slow down the rest, so be sure to have considered this (with other projects to interject for those who are faster).

I've been to these types of scrapbooking events and don't feel like you can't spend some time to demonstrate a technique.  I'm sure there will be some place where you can set up a card table for a 15 minute demo.  Even if it's asking one of the ladies to stand while you take over her seat for a few minutes.  Normally at these scrapbooking events each person has more space than we'd allocate for stamping as they need space to spread out.  At those big round tables they normally set 4 people (instead of the 10 they're meant for) and SU! normally sits 8 of us at one for Make & Takes at convention.  So just squeezing you in for a demo may not be a problem.  Ask the organizers, I'm sure they'd be happy to accommodate your request.

Coleen

Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Alamosa, CO, coleen@sudsol.com
See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!

From: ml-node+s1100894n19388h73@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19388h73@.nabble]
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:46 AM
To: SUDSOL Group
Subject: SU!: All day stamp event

iscrap2@verizon.net?subject=All%20day%20stamp%20event

Barb

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h38@n5.nabble.com

Coleen Astalos
SLB Member

Reply | Threaded
|

Ellen

How about a DESIGN box.  One that has base cardstock cut, there
options for layers, ribbon, etc, but include one stamp set and two or
three colors to work with. They then DESIGN their own card with those
items.  AND just those items. They must make two, so you have one to
display. You could include it in the price or charge a couple dollars
to do that project and then donate that to the event!!!

On 4/14/15, SUDSOL [Coleen Astalos] via Business Talk
<ml-node+s1100894n19400h31@.nabble> wrote:

>
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: coleen@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members.
> _______________________________________________
> I think you can figure about 3 unique cards per hour for a customer.  But
> multiples of the same card would be more like 4-5 of the same card per
> hour.
> Don't feel like you have to "pack it in", some of this type of an event is
> relaxing and socializing too.
>
>
>
> The "passing" idea works well, but realize that one person may slow down
> the
> rest, so be sure to have considered this (with other projects to interject
> for those who are faster).
>
>
>
> I've been to these types of scrapbooking events and don't feel like you
> can't spend some time to demonstrate a technique.  I'm sure there will be
> some place where you can set up a card table for a 15 minute demo.  Even if
> it's asking one of the ladies to stand while you take over her seat for a
> few minutes.  Normally at these scrapbooking events each person has more
> space than we'd allocate for stamping as they need space to spread out.  At
> those big round tables they normally set 4 people (instead of the 10
> they're
> meant for) and SU! normally sits 8 of us at one for Make & Takes at
> convention.  So just squeezing you in for a demo may not be a problem.  Ask
> the organizers, I'm sure they'd be happy to accommodate your request.
>
>
>
> Coleen
>
>
>
> Coleen Astalos, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
> Alamosa, CO, coleen@
> See my website at http://alamosa.stampinup.net
> <http://alamosa.stampinup.net/>
> Are you a demonstrator? Join me on SUDSOL - Your 24/7 Upline!
> <http://www.cartville.com/app/?Clk=2848375>
>
>
>
> From: ml-node+s1100894n19388h73@.nabble
> [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n19388h73@.nabble]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 5:46 AM
> To: SUDSOL Group
> Subject: SU!: All day stamp event
>
>
>
> Click here to reply directly to Baynardb privately at iscrap2@
> <mailto:iscrap2@?subject=All%20day%20stamp%20event>
>
> If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL
> members,
> unless you change the To: email address to the author: iscrap2@
>
>   _____
>
> Hi ladies!! I have been asked to help at a  scrapbooking event to raise
> money for the March of Dimes. Most will be scrapbooking but some of my card
> making ladies want to come make cards. This is an all day event 9-5
> including light breakfast and lunch. I have 8 ladies signed up to make
> cards. They are going to have to sit at one seat and sit there the whole
> day
> (oh!! I will let them get up for potty break :) what I mean is I can't set
> up stations because there is not room to do that. I was planning to make up
> packets for each person with all their supplies in it. I will have
> individual boxes with stamps, ink, punches  for each card they will be
> making.  I was figuring to have 2 people per box. When they got done they
> pass the box to the next 2 ladies to work from. All of these 8 ladies have
> made cards before.
> Does this sound right to you all?? I am not sure what I am doing. One of my
> big problems is how many cards I need to fill their day? I was thinking of
> doing 3 of each card but how many sets of 3's do you think I might need? I
> understand that lunch and snack breakfast will take up an hour. But that
> still gives them 6-7 hours of card making. Anyone have any ideas of about
> how many i will need? I don't think I can demonstrate a technique to take
> up
> some time,  because the room will be full of scrapbookers.  Thanks for any
> help. As you can see I am struggling with this. Please, tell me if you
> think
> I am doing something wrong or how to make this go more smoothly. I am open
> for any and all suggestions.
>
> Sorry for the long email. Thanks in advance
>
> Barb
>
>   _____
>
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to Baynardb, please change the email
> address to: iscrap2@
> This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here:
> http://forum.sudsol.org/All-day-stamp-event-tp19388.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h38@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here
> < node=3&code=Y29sZWVuQHN1ZHNvbC5jb218M3wxMjUyNDI1MDMz> .
>
>
>
>
>
> -----
> Coleen Astalos
> SLB Member
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> If you want the reply to go ONLY to the author, please change the email
> address to: coleen@
> If just you reply to this email, your message will be added to the
> discussion below:
>
http://forum.sudsol.org/All-day-stamp-event-tp19388p19400.html
>
> To start a new topic under Business Talk, email
> ml-node+s1100894n3h24@.nabble
> To unsubscribe from Business Talk, visit
>
Reply | Threaded
|

Sara Levin

How about throwing in a Paper Pumpkin refill kit: make one as it's meant to be and then do a couple out of the box ideas.  The refills are inexpensive and will save you the prep time.  Plus by presenting the out of the box ideas, they will take up a bit more time as they're new rather than repeat projects.

Sara

Sara Levin
theartfulinker@gmail.com (e-mail)
theartfulinker.com
  (blog)
www.theartfulinker.stampinup.net (24/7 shopping)
The Artful Inker (Facebook)
@theartfulinker (Twitter)
The Artful Inker (Google+)

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 7:46 AM, SUDSOL [Baynardb] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n19388h20@n5.nabble.com> wrote:
iscrap2@verizon.net?subject=All+day+stamp+event

Hi ladies!! I have been asked to help at a  scrapbooking event to raise money for the March of Dimes. Most will be scrapbooking but some of my card making ladies want to come make cards. This is an all day event 9-5 including light breakfast and lunch. I have 8 ladies signed up to make cards. They are going to have to sit at one seat and sit there the whole day (oh!! I will let them get up for potty break :) what I mean is I can't set up stations because there is not room to do that. I was planning to make up packets for each person with all their supplies in it. I will have individual boxes with stamps, ink, punches  for each card they will be making.  I was figuring to have 2 people per box. When they got done they pass the box to the next 2 ladies to work from. All of these 8 ladies have made cards before.
Does this sound right to you all?? I am not sure what I am doing. One of my big problems is how many cards I need to fill their day? I was thinking of doing 3 of each card but how many sets of 3's do you think I might need? I understand that lunch and snack breakfast will take up an hour. But that still gives them 6-7 hours of card making. Anyone have any ideas of about how many i will need? I don't think I can demonstrate a technique to take up some time,  because the room will be full of scrapbookers.  Thanks for any help. As you can see I am struggling with this. Please, tell me if you think I am doing something wrong or how to make this go more smoothly. I am open for any and all suggestions.

Barb

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node%2Bs1100894n3h85@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: All day stamp event

Terri G
It sounds like you have it set up well.  I would probably make it 3 or 4 cards of each of the 4 designs to take up some time, and you could add more than one sentiment for each card so they are not all exactly the same.  I do that at my classes, they make multiples of the same card, but I will put out a few different sentiments and let them choose (i.e. Birthday, Thank You, etc…)

I also use those plastic bins that are about the size of shoe boxes to put the supplies for each card design in and have a clip that holds the card they go with to the side of the bin so they know what the card looks like and what supplies go with it.  That system seems to work well for me and my gals.  

Terri

Baynardb wrote

Barb