Advice Needed for Customer Request

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Advice Needed for Customer Request

Brunie Quinones
Need advice . . . .I decided to take advantage of the Stamp Stock & Save promotion and sent out an email to all my customers and also made the announcement at my class last night that I was taking orders and having an online workshop.  I received 4 orders so far.  One of the ladies who is planning to place an order and who is also a friend asked how much 2 of the ladies, who are also friends of ours, purchased and if she were to have enough to make $150 for a workshop, can she be the hostess instead of me (which means she would want to include these 2 orders which total $70.83).  I know the instant income all comes to me, but I was planning to use the hostess $$ to get materials for my next class.  Not sure what to do here and how to respond?  What would you do?

Please email directly.  Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Advice Needed for Customer Request

Maria Pobre

I would tell her "no". She did not "bring" you the other orders. The orders are going directly through you.

Happy Stampin'~

On Oct 5, 2014, at 5:57 AM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n13948h20@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com?subject=Advice Needed for Customer Request
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com

Need advice . . . .I decided to take advantage of the Stamp Stock & Save promotion and sent out an email to all my customers and also made the announcement at my class last night that I was taking orders and having an online workshop.  I received 4 orders so far.  One of the ladies who is planning to place an order and who is also a friend asked how much 2 of the ladies, who are also friends of ours, purchased and if she were to have enough to make $150 for a workshop, can she be the hostess instead of me (which means she would want to include these 2 orders which total $70.83).  I know the instant income all comes to me, but I was planning to use the hostess $$ to get materials for my next class.  Not sure what to do here and how to respond?  What would you do?

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

Suzanne Taylor

I bend over backwards for my customers but I would tell her no. I'd explain that this helps build my business by replenishing my supplies or getting new tools and stamps and was a perk of sorts of being a demonstrator and that these hostess benefits really benefit her indirectly because I got supplies for my next class or event. Hopefully she will understand.   

It is a business and the hostess benefits do help us run a more profitable business. 

Just my opinion. 

Suzanne

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2014, at 6:22 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n13952h54@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

miaguam01@yahoo.com?subject=Re: SU!: Advice Needed for Customer Request
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

I would tell her "no". She did not "bring" you the other orders. The orders are going directly through you.

Happy Stampin'~

On Oct 5, 2014, at 5:57 AM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n13948h20@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@gmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948p13952.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Re: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

Cherie Hunt

I feel exactly the same way.  I am the Hostess of my 4 Stamp Camp Classes that I offer each month.  The supplies that I am able to get with the Hostess Benefits allows me to keep the cost of my classes at a reasonable amount.  My ladies DO understand that and are appreciative !
Cherie Hunt, OH
----- Original Message -----
To: huntabc@ctcn.net
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 10:09 PM
Subject: SU!: Re: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

suzanne@taylormadestamping.com
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suzanne@taylormadestamping.com

I bend over backwards for my customers but I would tell her no. I'd explain that this helps build my business by replenishing my supplies or getting new tools and stamps and was a perk of sorts of being a demonstrator and that these hostess benefits really benefit her indirectly because I got supplies for my next class or event. Hopefully she will understand.   

It is a business and the hostess benefits do help us run a more profitable business. 

Just my opinion. 

Suzanne

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2014, at 6:22 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" <ml-node+s1100894n13952h54@n5.nabble.com> wrote:

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@yahoo.com

Happy Stampin'~

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@yahoo.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948p13952.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@n5.nabble.com

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Suzanne Taylor, please change the email address to: suzanne@taylormadestamping.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948p13955.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

Beth Grace
In reply to this post by Suzanne Taylor

I also keep the hostess benefits from my class orders to stock up on supplies I need for my classes.  Now on occasion I do have a customer order $150 herself at these classes.  In that case, I will give her the hostess benefits for her order, but keep any additional benefits that I receive by combining all the orders.  Maybe that would be an option for you in this case.  Or tell her if she will hostess a party, she could have all the benefits.

Hope that helps!

Beth

From: ml-node+s1100894n13955h31@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n13955h31@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 9:09 PM
To: SUDSOL Group

suzanne@taylormadestamping.com?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20Advice%20Needed%20for%20Customer%20Request

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suzanne@taylormadestamping.com

Just my opinion. 

Suzanne

Sent from my iPad

Happy Stampin'~

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Suzanne Taylor, please change the email address to: suzanne@taylormadestamping.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948p13955.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h19@n5.nabble.com

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: SU!: RE: Re: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

Renee Thompson

I let all my customers know up front that if they spend $150 at one time that they are eligible for the hostess gifts. This actually increases sales, especially at Christmas. I also combine their order plus other orders that sometimes equal a $300 or $400 workshop which still allows me some free hostess stuff and even 50% off on an item when it reaches $400.

On Sunday, October 5, 2014 1:22 PM, SUDSOL [Beth Grace] via Business Talk <ml-node+s1100894n13964h94@.nabble> wrote:

beth.grace@verizon.net?subject=RE:%20Re:%20Re:%20Advice%20Needed%20for%20Customer%20Request
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: beth.grace@

I also keep the hostess benefits from my class orders to stock up on supplies I need for my classes.  Now on occasion I do have a customer order $150 herself at these classes.  In that case, I will give her the hostess benefits for her order, but keep any additional benefits that I receive by combining all the orders.  Maybe that would be an option for you in this case.  Or tell her if she will hostess a party, she could have all the benefits.

Hope that helps!
Beth

From: ml-node+s1100894n13955h31@.nabble [mailto: ml-node+s1100894n13955h31@.nabble ]
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 9:09 PM

suzanne@?subject=Re:%20SU!:%20Re:%20Advice%20Needed%20for%20Customer%20Request
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: suzanne@

Just my opinion. 

Suzanne

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 4, 2014, at 6:22 PM, "SUDSOL [Maria Pobre] via Business Talk" < ml-node+s1100894n13952h54@.nabble > wrote:
miaguam01@?subject=Re : SU!: Advice Needed for Customer Request
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: miaguam01@

Happy Stampin'~

On Oct 5, 2014, at 5:57 AM, "SUDSOL [Brunie Quinones] via Business Talk" < ml-node+s1100894n13948h20@.nabble > wrote:
inkspirewithbrunie@ ?subject=Advice Needed for Customer Request
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: inkspirewithbrunie@

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brunie Quinones, please change the email address to: inkspirewithbrunie@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h25@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Maria Pobre, please change the email address to: miaguam01@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h35@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Suzanne Taylor, please change the email address to: suzanne@
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h19@.nabble

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Beth Grace, please change the email address to: beth.grace@verizon.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948p13964.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h3@.nabble

Renee’ Thompson www.justbecreative.stampinup.net airyelle@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

Brunie Quinones
In reply to this post by Brunie Quinones
Thank you everyone for your advice - it's always good to hear from both sides of thinking as you deal with sticky issues.  I did tell her no; she understood and placed an order.

Brunie Quinones wrote

Brunie Quinones wrote

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Re: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

grantj
In reply to this post by Cherie Hunt

It’s also extremely unfair to the others who could also have asked to be hostess. Unless they want to split the hostess benefits five ways . . . I’d say no!

Jan Grant

Independent Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator

Springfield, IL

(217) 546-5769

revjanstamps@comcast.net

From: ml-node+s1100894n13956h35@.nabble [mailto:ml-node+s1100894n13956h35@.nabble]
Sent: Saturday, October 4, 2014 9:22 PM
Subject: SU!: Re: Re: Re: Advice Needed for Customer Request

huntabc@ctcn.net?subject=Re:%20Re:%20Re:%20Advice%20Needed%20for%20Customer%20Request

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: huntabc@ctcn.net

I feel exactly the same way.  I am the Hostess of my 4 Stamp Camp Classes that I offer each month.  The supplies that I am able to get with the Hostess Benefits allows me to keep the cost of my classes at a reasonable amount.  My ladies DO understand that and are appreciative !

Cherie Hunt, OH

----- Original Message -----

To: huntabc@ctcn.net

Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2014 10:09 PM

suzanne@taylormadestamping.com

Just my opinion. 

Suzanne

Sent from my iPad

Happy Stampin'~

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h76@.nabble
To unsubscribe from Business Talk, click here.

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Cherie Hunt, please change the email address to: huntabc@ctcn.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/Advice-Needed-for-Customer-Request-tp13948p13956.html

To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml-node+s1100894n3h92@n5.nabble.com