A Tale of Two UPS's

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

A Tale of Two UPS's

grantj

We moved my daughter to Chicago in August. She has a minuscule kitchen and need a small kitchen island to sit beside her stove. We purchased one at IKEA. When we got it back to the apartment, the top of one of the sides was crushed. She called customer service and they said they would send a replacement.

She hadn't heard and hadn't heard and it was time for us to take "Mom I forgot" boxes up over Labor Day. We had a strange looking IKEA box, and when I checked, I could see it was the side to the kitchen island. HOWEVER, it was addressed to her, at her apartment, in another town close to where we live. Somehow the UPS driver knew where she lived and delivered it to us!

Second story. I had ordered a folding bed for her to sleep on while we visited her over Labor Day. It was to be delivered the Wednesday before the holiday. I received no notifications even though I had signed up for them. On Thursday, I checked the delivery status only to find that it was delivered to her "front porch!" Which she doesn't have. In the middle of Chicago! It's an APARTMENT building!!

So, one helpful, caring driver. The second not so much. This is just to remind al of us that once our orders leave Stampin' Up! they really have no control over what happens to them. Bless them for making the shipping errors right.

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: A Tale of Two UPS's

Barbara Stitt

Oh wow Jan, that is crazy!  Our drivers here are so good!  I think that one in
Denver was just lazy and bypassed the bldg and took to Michaels.  I guess
We’ll never know.  But, she was able to get her package though inconvenient
And at additional cost.  She seems happy with the Stamparatus which she was
So anxious to receive!  

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 14, 2020, at 1:54 PM, SUDSOL [grantj] via Business Talk <ml+s1100894n55438h24@.nabble> wrote:

revjanstamps@comcast.net?subject=A Tale of Two UPS's
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: revjanstamps@

We moved my daughter to Chicago in August. She has a minuscule kitchen and need a small kitchen island to sit beside her stove. We purchased one at IKEA. When we got it back to the apartment, the top of one of the sides was crushed. She called customer service and they said they would send a replacement.

She hadn't heard and hadn't heard and it was time for us to take "Mom I forgot" boxes up over Labor Day. We had a strange looking IKEA box, and when I checked, I could see it was the side to the kitchen island. HOWEVER, it was addressed to her, at her apartment, in another town close to where we live. Somehow the UPS driver knew where she lived and delivered it to us!

Second story. I had ordered a folding bed for her to sleep on while we visited her over Labor Day. It was to be delivered the Wednesday before the holiday. I received no notifications even though I had signed up for them. On Thursday, I checked the delivery status only to find that it was delivered to her "front porch!" Which she doesn't have. In the middle of Chicago! It's an APARTMENT building!!

So, one helpful, caring driver. The second not so much. This is just to remind al of us that once our orders leave Stampin' Up! they really have no control over what happens to them. Bless them for making the shipping errors right.

Jan Grant
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Springfield, IL
(217) 415-1860

If you want the reply to go ONLY to grantj, please change the email address to: revjanstamps@comcast.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/A-Tale-of-Two-UPS-s-tp55438.html
To start a new topic under Business Talk, email ml+s1100894n3h39@.nabble
To unsubscribe from SUDSOL, click here.