2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden

Diane Schultz
This is such an awesome, helpful and knowledgeable group, I know someone will be able to help me.  I'm trying to recreate the card "of all the blossoms...." on page 13 of the new 2020 Occasions mini.  I've tried to emboss the brick by inking up a piece of whisper white (with a brayer) once with Sahara Sand and another piece with Crumb Cake.  Neither piece comes close to looking like the picture.  What am I doing wrong?  TIA

Crafty hugs,
Diane Schultz
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden

Brenda Bowersox
It appears to me as if they used Sahara Sand cardstock to emboss and then some Whisper White Craft ink in spots for the white.  It is a beautiful card I plan on making also.  Hope this helps!
Brenda Bowersox
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: SU!: 2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden

Diane Schultz

Thanks so much, Brenda.  Would you add the Whisper White craft ink with a sponge dauber to the already embossed Sahara Sand, or sponge the embossing folder?

Cyber Hugs,

Diane

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed,
soothes the mind and gives it rest.
Heals the heart and makes it whole,
flows from heaven to the soul."

From: ml+s1100894n50950h84@.nabble <ml+s1100894n50950h84@.nabble>
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2019 1:56 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <scrapgal@.rr>
Subject: Re: SU!: 2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden

brensox55@hotmail.com?subject=Re:%202020%20Occasions%20catalog%20Grace's%20Garden

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brensox55@hotmail.com

It appears to me as if they used Sahara Sand cardstock to emboss and then some Whisper White Craft ink in spots for the white.  It is a beautiful card I plan on making also.  Hope this helps!
Brenda Bowersox

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Bowersox, please change the email address to: brensox55@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/2020-Occasions-catalog-Grace-s-Garden-tp50949p50950.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from 2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden, click here.

Reply | Threaded
|

Brenda Bowersox
I think I would try the sponge dauber or a piece of sponge first.  Maybe just swipe the sponge across and then add a little more in spots.  I think it is just easier to control where you want things then trying to add the ink to the embossing folder.  But that might work also.  BB
Reply | Threaded
|

Diane Schultz

Thanks, Brenda.  I’ll try that.

Cyber Hugs,

Diane

"Music speaks what cannot be expressed,
soothes the mind and gives it rest.
Heals the heart and makes it whole,
flows from heaven to the soul."

From: ml+s1100894n50995h79@.nabble <ml+s1100894n50995h79@.nabble>
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2019 3:33 PM
To: SUDSOL Group <scrapgal@.rr>
Subject: Re: SU!: 2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden

brensox55@hotmail.com?subject=RE:%20SU!:%202020%20Occasions%20catalog%20Grace's%20Garden

If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: brensox55@hotmail.com

I think I would try the sponge dauber or a piece of sponge first.  Maybe just swipe the sponge across and then add a little more in spots.  I think it is just easier to control where you want things then trying to add the ink to the embossing folder.  But that might work also.  BB

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Brenda Bowersox, please change the email address to: brensox55@hotmail.com
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/2020-Occasions-catalog-Grace-s-Garden-tp50949p50995.html

To start a new topic under Product Q&As, email ml+s1100894n1954h8@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from 2020 Occasions catalog Grace's Garden, click here.