classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options Prev Topic | Next Topic
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2017 Mega Christmas Card Swap

Jennie Dietrich

MEGA CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP

Some of you will remember my “famous” Mega Christmas Card Swap.  The last one was in 2012 with more than 75 people participating in the swap.  For those that are new to SUDSOL, it is open to EVERYONE and it is “mega”….  I will do only 1 round this year.  I don’t think I have the “ability” to manage multiple rounds as I have in years past, so respond quickly.  BUT read all the instructions below before you respond

It is time to put together a GREAT collection of Christmas Cards to share with your customers and friends.  No one loves all the sets in the catalog, but there is always that customer out there whose taste in stamp sets doesn’t match yours, SO, let’s broaden our collections and have something for everyone.  This is a UNIQUE swap which I have hosted for many years.  You will get ONE card front of all the Christmas sets in the catalog.    GOAL: Something for everyone

SETS:
From the sets in the Christmas section of the catalog or holiday catalog (I have attached a complete list below); send an email with at least 3 you would like to try.  I will fill the sets on a first come first served basis.  I will let you know if all three of the sets you have selected are already taken and allow you to select again, but this swap fills very fast (this is my 10th year) and the best plan is to pick a unique set to use since fewer people are likely to select it.

RULES:
* The selected set must be used as the focal point.
* Each swap must be made of 100% SU materials that can be found in the current catalogs.  
* Each swap must have at least two layers, prefer three.  
* Each swap must be embellished with the use of at least one accessory.
* Each swap must come with the “recipe” for making it attached to the back
* Each swap must be inside a Ziploc bag (or two) in order to avoid damage in shipping.  They do not need to be individually placed in clear envelopes, but if you have lots of pieces which might snag on each other, this is advisable.
* IF you are participating in the SUDSOL Holiday Card Swap, this card MUST be different than anything you submit for that swap with Bobbie.  The same design can NOT be used.

SWAP HOSTESS: Jennie Dietrich (512-699-5606)
SWAP ADDRESS: 9803 Lantana, San Antonio, Texas  78217
SWAP EMAIL: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

REQUIREMENTS: CARD FRONTS, ALL + 1 full card.  IF all sets are selected (as in years past) you are signing up to make 52 card fronts plus one full card.  The swap will return to you one of your own card fronts.

The full card will be given to the local nursing home after I have scanned it for SUDSOL.  The full card should NOT have the recipe attached, but please do put a copy inside so that I have it to enter the information into SUDSOL.  

POSTMARK DATE: September 11, 2017.  Items not postmarked by the 10th and/or not received by the swap out date will be returned to the sender. You must email the swap coordinator when you have mailed your swaps out. If you live in a rural area where mail moves slower, please allow plenty of time for it to be received.

SWAP OUT START: September 15, 2017.  A swap this large often takes more time to get swapped and packaged to be mailed back.  So don’t start looking for it prior to September 20th.

POSTAGE REQUIREMENTS: 
* I will be using the US Postal Service PRIORITY Flat Rate envelopes.  History has taught me that this is the only way to go.  
* If you are from Canada or other location, send your swap with the appropriate International envelope with the appropriate postage and customs forms already attached.  
* Your swap MUST arrive with a priority flat rate stamp and appropriate address label for a flat rate PRIORITY envelope in a ziploc bag with the full card.  
* With a swap this large, I can not stop to search for missing stamps but I will go to the post office and collect a large number of the envelopes so that you do not have to ship me a priority envelope.

NOTES:  All of the card fronts submitted will be scanned for the SUDSOL sample database, so make sure to label your cards with your name and card recipe (stating ALL items used).  Otherwise I will be unable to give proper credit, given the size of the swap.  

As always, please use demonstration quality work, with layers and embellishments.

Don't forget to email me with the set you selected at pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

Stamp Sets available for 2017 Mega Christmas Card Swap:
Stamp Set & page
Add a Little Glitz holiday 21
At Home with You (using holly on/around door) 54
Beachy Little Christmas holiday 19
Best Gifts holiday 17
Brightly Lit Christmas holiday 29
Carols of Christmas holiday 13
Cheers to the Year (using Christmas theme) holiday 37
Christmas Happiness holiday 27
Christmas in the Making holiday 16
Christmas Pines 120
Christmas Quilt holiday 5
Christmas Sweaters holiday 22
Cookie Cutter Christmas 116
Darling Christmas holiday 30
Every Good Wish holiday 8
Father Christmas 114
Feeling of Christmas holiday 16
Festive Phrases (using Christmas theme) holiday 45
Flurry of Wishes 116
Good Tidings holiday 8
Hang Your Stocking 121
Hearts Come Home holiday 39
Holly Berry Happiness 118
Iconic Christmas holiday 31
Labels to Love (using Christmas theme) holiday 45
Merry Little Labels (not a gift tag) holiday 12
Merry Mistletoe 113
Mistletoe Friends holiday 19
Musical Season holiday 25
Nature Sings 115
Night In Bethlehem holiday 26
Oh, What Fun 115
Peace This Christmas 117
Ready for Christmas holiday 7
Santa Paws holiday 18
Santa's Sleigh 119
Santa's Suite holiday 23
Season Like Christmas holiday 9
Seasonal Bells 123
Seasonal Chums (using Christmas theme) holiday 47
Seasonal Lantern holiday 40
Seasons of Whimsy holiday 3
Smitten Mittens holiday 38
Snowflake Sentiments holiday 35
Star of Light 122
Sugarplum Dreams holiday 24
Tags & Trimmings (not a gift tag) holiday 15
The Little Things (using Christmas theme) holiday 44
Watercolor Christmas holiday 34
Wise Men from Afar holiday 24
Wishes All Aglow holiday 22
Wonderful Life (using Christmas theme) holiday 46
Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SU!: 2017 Mega Christmas Card Swap

Diane Gardner

Here are my choices

Christmas Quilt
Best Gift
Cookie cutter Christmas

Diane Gardner
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

On Aug 7, 2017, at 6:58 PM, SUDSOL [Jennie Dietrich] via Swaps & SU! Events <ml+s1100894n37669h82@n7.nabble.com> wrote:

pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net?subject=2017 Mega Christmas Card Swap
If you just reply to this email, your message will go to all SUDSOL members, unless you change the To: email address to the author: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

MEGA CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP

Some of you will remember my “famous” Mega Christmas Card Swap.  The last one was in 2012 with more than 75 people participating in the swap.  For those that are new to SUDSOL, it is open to EVERYONE and it is “mega”….  I will do only 1 round this year.  I don’t think I have the “ability” to manage multiple rounds as I have in years past, so respond quickly.  BUT read all the instructions below before you respond

It is time to put together a GREAT collection of Christmas Cards to share with your customers and friends.  No one loves all the sets in the catalog, but there is always that customer out there whose taste in stamp sets doesn’t match yours, SO, let’s broaden our collections and have something for everyone.  This is a UNIQUE swap which I have hosted for many years.  You will get ONE card front of all the Christmas sets in the catalog.    GOAL: Something for everyone

SETS:
From the sets in the Christmas section of the catalog or holiday catalog (I have attached a complete list below); send an email with at least 3 you would like to try.  I will fill the sets on a first come first served basis.  I will let you know if all three of the sets you have selected are already taken and allow you to select again, but this swap fills very fast (this is my 10th year) and the best plan is to pick a unique set to use since fewer people are likely to select it.

RULES:
* The selected set must be used as the focal point.
* Each swap must be made of 100% SU materials that can be found in the current catalogs.  
* Each swap must have at least two layers, prefer three.  
* Each swap must be embellished with the use of at least one accessory.
* Each swap must come with the “recipe” for making it attached to the back
* Each swap must be inside a Ziploc bag (or two) in order to avoid damage in shipping.  They do not need to be individually placed in clear envelopes, but if you have lots of pieces which might snag on each other, this is advisable.
* IF you are participating in the SUDSOL Holiday Card Swap, this card MUST be different than anything you submit for that swap with Bobbie.  The same design can NOT be used.

SWAP HOSTESS: Jennie Dietrich (512-699-5606)
SWAP ADDRESS: 9803 Lantana, San Antonio, Texas  78217
SWAP EMAIL: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

REQUIREMENTS: CARD FRONTS, ALL + 1 full card.  IF all sets are selected (as in years past) you are signing up to make 52 card fronts plus one full card.  The swap will return to you one of your own card fronts.

The full card will be given to the local nursing home after I have scanned it for SUDSOL.  The full card should NOT have the recipe attached, but please do put a copy inside so that I have it to enter the information into SUDSOL.  

POSTMARK DATE: September 11, 2017.  Items not postmarked by the 10th and/or not received by the swap out date will be returned to the sender. You must email the swap coordinator when you have mailed your swaps out. If you live in a rural area where mail moves slower, please allow plenty of time for it to be received.

SWAP OUT START: September 15, 2017.  A swap this large often takes more time to get swapped and packaged to be mailed back.  So don’t start looking for it prior to September 20th.

POSTAGE REQUIREMENTS: 
* I will be using the US Postal Service PRIORITY Flat Rate envelopes.  History has taught me that this is the only way to go.  
* If you are from Canada or other location, send your swap with the appropriate International envelope with the appropriate postage and customs forms already attached.  
* Your swap MUST arrive with a priority flat rate stamp and appropriate address label for a flat rate PRIORITY envelope in a ziploc bag with the full card.  
* With a swap this large, I can not stop to search for missing stamps but I will go to the post office and collect a large number of the envelopes so that you do not have to ship me a priority envelope.

NOTES:  All of the card fronts submitted will be scanned for the SUDSOL sample database, so make sure to label your cards with your name and card recipe (stating ALL items used).  Otherwise I will be unable to give proper credit, given the size of the swap.  

As always, please use demonstration quality work, with layers and embellishments.

Don't forget to email me with the set you selected at pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net

Stamp Sets available for 2017 Mega Christmas Card Swap:
Stamp Set & page
Add a Little Glitz holiday 21
At Home with You (using holly on/around door) 54
Beachy Little Christmas holiday 19
Best Gifts holiday 17
Brightly Lit Christmas holiday 29
Carols of Christmas holiday 13
Cheers to the Year (using Christmas theme) holiday 37
Christmas Happiness holiday 27
Christmas in the Making holiday 16
Christmas Pines 120
Christmas Quilt holiday 5
Christmas Sweaters holiday 22
Cookie Cutter Christmas 116
Darling Christmas holiday 30
Every Good Wish holiday 8
Father Christmas 114
Feeling of Christmas holiday 16
Festive Phrases (using Christmas theme) holiday 45
Flurry of Wishes 116
Good Tidings holiday 8
Hang Your Stocking 121
Hearts Come Home holiday 39
Holly Berry Happiness 118
Iconic Christmas holiday 31
Labels to Love (using Christmas theme) holiday 45
Merry Little Labels (not a gift tag) holiday 12
Merry Mistletoe 113
Mistletoe Friends holiday 19
Musical Season holiday 25
Nature Sings 115
Night In Bethlehem holiday 26
Oh, What Fun 115
Peace This Christmas 117
Ready for Christmas holiday 7
Santa Paws holiday 18
Santa's Sleigh 119
Santa's Suite holiday 23
Season Like Christmas holiday 9
Seasonal Bells 123
Seasonal Chums (using Christmas theme) holiday 47
Seasonal Lantern holiday 40
Seasons of Whimsy holiday 3
Smitten Mittens holiday 38
Snowflake Sentiments holiday 35
Star of Light 122
Sugarplum Dreams holiday 24
Tags & Trimmings (not a gift tag) holiday 15
The Little Things (using Christmas theme) holiday 44
Watercolor Christmas holiday 34
Wise Men from Afar holiday 24
Wishes All Aglow holiday 22
Wonderful Life (using Christmas theme) holiday 46
Jennie Dietrich
Stampin'Up! Independent Demonstrator
http://www.pfunstampin.stampinup.net
pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
Mom

If you want the reply to go ONLY to Jennie Dietrich, please change the email address to: pfun_stampin@sbcglobal.net
This message can be found in the SUDSOL Discussion Forum here: http://forum.sudsol.org/2017-Mega-Christmas-Card-Swap-tp37669.html
To start a new topic under Swaps & SU! Events, email ml+s1100894n65h58@n7.nabble.com
To unsubscribe from Swaps & SU! Events, click here.